PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooter Tom Martino Files Ch. 7

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 03:40 PM
How ironic...

http://www.9news.com/news/article/219261/188/Troubleshooter-Tom-Martino-files-for-bankruptcy-owes-78-million

birchyboy
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 03:43 PM
He has talked quite openly on his radio show about his financial woes. I didn't listen today but wonder if he'll talk about it tomorrow.

rforsythe
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Imagine that, people have stopped paying for legal extortion.

bulldog
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Imagine that, people have stopped paying for legal extortion. I have heard this by numerous people saying you pay him and he gave you a good review. Glad someone like that had bad karma...sucks so many people trusted him.

Jmetz
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 04:13 PM
It was on his website (last time I was on it yrs ago) that you had to pay to be on his list. I stopped paying attention to that guys ratings many moons ago.

InlineSIX24
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
His network is as people say. You pay to be on the 'good' guy list. To a certain extent BBB is the say way with supporters. One of the only legit ones left out there is ripoffreport.com

Ezzzzy1
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
He is a prick... Years ago I was at Costco and stopped by the laptops, was just looking at what they had and some chick started asking me questions. I talked to her for about 10 minutes she said she would be right back. When she returned she was with Tom (her husband). It was almost like she thought I would be surprised... Long story short I ended up talking to him, in between him texting, for about 15 minutes and then he just walked away to find a Costco employee to order from.

Second time that I had the pleasure I wanted to beat his ass. We were at Red Robin eating and him and his wife and their kids were next to us. I dont tolerate rude people and generally say something but someone else beat me to it. This big mutha almost handed Tom his ass in the middle of the restaurant because of how his kids were acting and how they were all treating the waitstaff. He even made a threat to speak up on TV about his experience. They hustled out without paying, called the cops that came back to pay for him.

Bitch ass bitch

mdub
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 05:03 PM
wow ezzzzy1...he is totally opposite on his radio show on how he describes his family's behavior. but you were there to witness that. hmmm..hipocrit to sounds of it

rforsythe
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I've seen him be a douche in public as well. But my main problem with him is his "network". Once upon a time, it used to be about vetting the good from the bad for the sake of us poor downtrodden consumers. For a while though it's just been about who wants to pay a lot of money to have him say nice things, and enough people know it that it's apparently failing (for good reason).

Ezzzzy1
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
wow ezzzzy1...he is totally opposite on his radio show on how he describes his family's behavior. but you were there to witness that. hmmm..hipocrit to sounds of it

When I first met him I kept thinking, wow this guy is nothing like I would have thought...

I think he knows how to play the game and will do anything for the cashola. Most anyone that has almost 80 MILLION in liabilities has to be a smooth talker to get that many people to believe in him. If you are curious try getting just a million and see how hard that is.

mdub
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 05:54 PM
thats my problem...too honest. that is why i'm just a wkng stiff...but i'm always thinking on how to get more clams...

Sleev
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Y, westword outed him as a slumlord a year or two ago

stitch
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Heh, he just bought a new helicopter. Wonder how someone with all those financial issues was able to buy a 400K+ helicopter just a few months ago. Just some things that make you go "hummmmmm".

Ezzzzy1
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Heh, he just bought a new helicopter. Wonder how someone with all those financial issues was able to buy a 400K+ helicopter just a few months ago. Just some things that make you go "hummmmmm".

Thats part of the 80 MILLION he is responsible for. He just filed, but a few months ago he thought his shit didnt stink.

All he did is make people think that if they hooked him up and/or payed him money they would make money themselves. He at one point had a ton of money and figured he could manage it 1. himself and 2. without saving any of it. He is not unlike most of America in that when their income chances so does their lifestyle.

Dont over think it. He fucked himself because of the things he was doing. He wasnt a real man, he was a shady business man and I love to see slimy people eat shit miserably. The unfortunate part of all this is that consumers had faith in his system and people learned from him and how to screw people with services that you can convice them that they "need".

Rant rant rant...

Ol'Skool
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 01:21 AM
He claims he only makes 1.6 million a year but owes close to 40 million, but its not his fault! Awww, bite me.
I have no sympathy for someone who makes 7 didgets yearly while I work overtime just to make it to next month.

birchyboy
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 08:07 AM
FYI - he has had a website for a while talking about his issues:

http://www.troubleshooter.com/whyiwentbroke.html

laspariahs
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I've heard this guy was slime before.....

dirkterrell
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Now, if people would realize that many of the big banks and investment firms did pretty much exactly the same thing, got burned the same way, but then got bailed out by taxpayers, they might just wonder why the hell we taxpayers are paying for the lost gambles of the "too big to fail" bunch. They sure as hell don't share the money with us when they hit it big. They should have been bankrupted, with assets sold off to the creditors, just like everyone else.

Yes, it would be disruptive, mainly because the bought-off politicians changed the law to allow banking institutions to mix their traditional, safe, government-backed but lower profit deposits business that most of us make use of, with much riskier, over-leveraged investment business. Having the government back up your checking and savings account monies is a good thing. Having the government back up outrageously over-levered investments by banks is just plain stupid and now we, the taxpayers, get to cover the asses of people who made really stupid investment decisions (that they probably wouldn't have made, and in some cases absolutely would not have made, had they not had the government there to bail them out when everything went to hell).

The really depressing thing about all of this is that we went through the same shit a few decades back. It was called the Great Depression. And we changed the law so that banking businesses were separated from investment businesses. It worked for decades. We dropped it, and a decade later have another depression on our hands, covered up only by massive deficit spending that is just beginning to rear its ugly head. Keep an eye on Greece. We're heading down the same road. Because we didn't bite the bullet and fix things in 2008, it's going to be really ugly when we hit the wall (and I see almost no sign by either Dems or Reps to do the right things, so it's not a partisan issue).

Devaclis
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 09:36 AM
$10,000 to join the Martino Network. He makes 2.4 million a year. Since he filed recently, he is expected to make another 2.4 million in the upcomming year that the bankruptcy will not touch. Money in hand. He lost a great deal on bad investments in property companies.

Tom is a first class hypocrite. He owned part of Libertybell when I worked with him at Multilink. He though the was the man. He was, but he was a little man. He is crass, unintelligent, and swayed my $$ unlike msot I have seen. He should have been a congressman. I don't wish for his family to suffer. I wish for Tom to suffer for making money by extortion. I want him to lose more than his precious home and cars and vacation properties. I want him to lose his cherished role in the local business community. I want him to be shunned by them.

Then I want him to go away forever.

rforsythe
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I want him to lose his cherished role in the local business community. I want him to be shunned by them.

Then I want him to go away forever.

I don't know a single local business owner that thinks he's worth his weight in shit. I also don't know who's been falling for his swindling, but I suspect the masses are starting to figure it out.

modette99
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Never heard of him before, but he sounds like a jerk from what some of you posted. Making the type of money he does his properties should have been paid CASH for as he went. Guess the guy needed to listen to Dave Ramsey...hahahaha

On the other hand, I don't feel sorry for the banks loaning him $$$$$$ when he does not have assets to equal that amount. Maybe those banks should loose their money, they were just as bad at making an investment decision as this Tom was.

Sounds like he did the right thing in life in having the wife alone on a house, probably some vehicles too. That is how the wife and I do things also. I'm on the Jeep alone, idea is if I die, she can call the bank and say "come get it". We took my name off the house should I ever do a business loan and it fails. He is playing the system legally so I can not fault him at that. It is legal for him to file, to escape those debts and still make money afterwards.

I had an Uncle that would file every 7 years bankruptcy....LOL I remember he could not get cell service because he owed like $500 to them. A few weeks after he filed same company said "your approved"...LOL Those companies do it to themselves.

Canuck
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Now, if people would realize that many of the big banks and investment firms did pretty much exactly the same thing, got burned the same way, but then got bailed out by taxpayers, they might just wonder why the hell we taxpayers are paying for the lost gambles of the "too big to fail" bunch. They sure as hell don't share the money with us when they hit it big. They should have been bankrupted, with assets sold off to the creditors, just like everyone else.

Yes, it would be disruptive, mainly because the bought-off politicians changed the law to allow banking institutions to mix their traditional, safe, government-backed but lower profit deposits business that most of us make use of, with much riskier, over-leveraged investment business. Having the government back up your checking and savings account monies is a good thing. Having the government back up outrageously over-levered investments by banks is just plain stupid and now we, the taxpayers, get to cover the asses of people who made really stupid investment decisions (that they probably wouldn't have made, and in some cases absolutely would not have made, had they not had the government there to bail them out when everything went to hell).

The really depressing thing about all of this is that we went through the same shit a few decades back. It was called the Great Depression. And we changed the law so that banking businesses were separated from investment businesses. It worked for decades. We dropped it, and a decade later have another depression on our hands, covered up only by massive deficit spending that is just beginning to rear its ugly head. Keep an eye on Greece. We're heading down the same road. Because we didn't bite the bullet and fix things in 2008, it's going to be really ugly when we hit the wall (and I see almost no sign by either Dems or Reps to do the right things, so it's not a partisan issue).

Thank you.

Devaclis
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic681_12.gif

Thank YOU

Canuck
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM
:spit: My pleasure.