PDA

View Full Version : Technical Duty Officer

fasterlaster
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, I thought I would put the word out that we are looking for someone. Here is a small snippet from the job description, but essentially this is a senior position in our SEC working nights (and with me) If anyone has any interest let me know and I can get you more information.

Jason

Site Engineering Center is looking for a Technical Duty Officer with a passion for solving complex and interesting problems. The highly motivated individual needs to be an independent and initiative seeking.
Candidate needs to manage eBay services very effectively to support high-volume and business critical applications.
Candidate would need to work in a night shift model and handle multiple customer impacting issues on the eBay Site.
Candidate should be a leader on complex site incidents and drive issues to restoration.
Proactive efforts to prevent site incidents from occurring.
Independently implement and build tools and test major features and capabilities, as well as work jointly with other team members on complex features and complex site issues.
Provide technical leadership and do technical hands on scripting, tooling, automation for continuous improvement and site restoration.
Solid Unix systems administration and network administration experience is a must.
Work with Architecture,Engineering,and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to attain high availability scalability and reliability.
Apply technical & domain expertise to solving day to day challenges.

rforsythe
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Hey why not, half the people in that place are on this forum. :lol:

fasterlaster
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hey why not, half the people in that place are on this forum. :lol:

My thought as well.... after all what's a few more dregs of society working in a dark room all night long.

Tylar
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
My thought as well.... after all what's a few more dregs of society working in a dark room all night long.

:applause: