PDA

View Full Version : who will tonight???

isaiahchavez
Sat Sep 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Just wanted see what you guys about tonigjts fight. Mayweather or Ortiz?

BlueRanger
Sat Sep 17th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I think people here are more into MMA. I barely follow anything except Rugby these days so my money is on Mayweather (since I know who he is).

Jesterbass21
Sat Sep 17th, 2011, 11:11 PM
mayweather needs an ethics class.

isaiahchavez
Sun Sep 18th, 2011, 12:55 AM
He needs to fight pacman and get his a$$ kicked

~Barn~
Sun Sep 18th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I just "borrowed" the fight and watched it. As a 30something who was a kid in the late golden-age of boxing and grew up into its decline, the sport today only makes me appreciate Mixed Martial Arts even more.

Everything, from the majority of participants, to the promotions, to the actual events themselves, pale in comparison to the quality that is seen in MMA.

Combat sports has thankfully evolved, and while there will probably aways been an audience attracted to the lowest common demoninator of something, it only makes me more appreciative of the fact that "the sweet science" has a new successor.

That said, I would like to watch Manny v. Floyd. Who knows if it will ever happen (it better happen soon!), but it would probably be entertaining to watch, assuming it doesn't degenerate into another boxing "spectacle". Sigh...

PhL0aTeR
Sun Sep 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM
He needs to fight pacman and get his a$$ kicked

from what i can understand, the one thing holding that up is for pac to take a drug test.

bulldog
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 08:11 AM
What was up with that lame knockout. I understand to protect yourself at all times, but the ref hadn't even said to "fight" yet and was looking the other way. Not sure Ortiz would have won, and his headbutt was not called for, but I was pretty shocked that the knockout counted.

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I haven't been able to watch boxing for some years now. As Barn stated it pales in comparison to mma. I find it pretty boring.

isaiahchavez
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I haven't been able to watch boxing for some years now. As Barn stated it pales in comparison to mma. I find it pretty boring.

Agreed boxing has lost it to MMA but every once in a while you will get a good fight. Did anyone get tickets for the UFC fight here in Denver?

isaiahchavez
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
from what i can understand, the one thing holding that up is for pac to take a drug test.

Last I check PAC man agreed To it but not sure what's holding it up now.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 09:48 AM
More specifically, it was in the details of the drug testing. Mayweather's camp insisted on using "Olympic" style testing, which includes blood-draws, up until (and possibly within) 2 weeks of the fight. This is somewhat different to what typical standards that are used for testing, and Manny's camp objected to this. Something along the lines that Pacquiao says his body feels weak after giving blood.

Anyway... just to clear it up a lil`.

bulldog
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
So nobody had a opinion on the headbutt, controversial knockout, or Mayweather telling off that old man announcer after the the fight?