PDA

View Full Version : 717 Single Track and area

modette99
Sun Sep 18th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I was PM'ed asking where its at, here is a map scan.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/modette99/MISC/717Map.jpg

I marked the single track in Green. (I hope its the right one...obvious when you get there and the sign says "motorcycles only and a difficulty black sticker). Heading West is harder, rock piles to climb up. Lots of fun, the first pile you can scope out and turn around if your a new rider...its ever changing and actually is harder now (I find it funner). There are 3 hard sections.

I would also recommend the stuff I marked in ORANGE which I just explored.

895 turns into ATV trail 736, there is no split like the maps show, you will know you are on the right path because you will come to a spot where its a very long and steep rock to go down (a lot worst then Hackett or any of the other Gulches for that matter). Do this heading West (Counter clockwise loop)...although clockwise would be a hoot but be for a more experienced riders.

When you get to FR220 take a left and go to ATV trail 734. I heard 737 is good from 734. However its not marked, you will come to a field on 734 and see a sign that says 734 straight but off the the left looks like a single track, that is 737 which turns into an actual ATV trail after you get through the woods.

So you can see you can make a fun loop out of those trails. I have to say those were the best trails I had ridden. 717 is easy and nothing compared to those. A lot more challenging, and a lot better scenery to see. Plus you can tell people don't ride that area because the trails have grass growing. Good stuff out there, avoid the crowds.