PDA

View Full Version : Maguiar's 3-step polish - Good stuff!

Anonymous
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:28 AM
I am impressed! Usually I use the Honda Pro Cleaner when doing a quick shine up on the bike, but I have used the Maguiars 3-step system twice now when I really clean it. Step 1 is a paint cleaner, which removes oxidation and other nasties. Step 2 is a polish, which does a great job of getting out microfine scratches, and also gives it that "wet" gloss look. Step 3 is a caranuba wax to seal it all in and make water just bead up and run off.

It has my bike looking wonderful, and I also decided to try it on a portion of my old truck last night. If you haven't seen it, the paint on that truck looks bad! No chips or anything but it has been in 33 years of sun, and has faded and oxidized so bad that the shade of it is several steps lighter and has no shine.

Well, after running this stuff over half of the hood - it looks like NEW! It won't get out the damage (i.e. where something really scratched it bad) but the difference is truly amazing. This old beat-up Ford actually has a gloss shine to it now, and the original shade of paint has been restored.

I highly recommend this product for use on your bike - I still use the Honda cleaner for quick jobs and to shine up non-painted surfaces, but the 3-step is a good idea to keep your bike looking it's best.