PDA

View Full Version : Save the Boobies ride - Sun., Oct. 9, 2011

Sully
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
The date has been set, let it be known! lol :hump: (weather permitting) Sorry, no boys allowed.

Please wear pink in support of the "SAVE THE BOOBIES" ride :) :boobies: (I hope this doesn't offend anyone)

NEW DATE - Sunday, October 9th, 2011 (let's hope the weather is somewhat decent!!)

Meeting location: TBD under secret code :devil2: muahahah!
Meeting Time: 9:00 am, KSU 9:30 DETAILS TO BE PM'D SOON

Let's get a list started so I can make sure everyone is pm'd the meeting location and meet up time. Route tbd based on rider ability. We will stop for lunch, somewhere..

I hope all the ladies can make it!!!

1. Sully
2. Siobhan
3. Sarah
4. June
5. Christie
6. Carrie
7. Maria
8. TJ
9. Mel
10. Rabea
11. Heather
12. biikChiQ (http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=7074)
13. Ann

sprtbkbabe
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
I'm game :boobies::doublefinger:

1. Sully
2. Sprtbkbabe

aerofaze
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 03:32 PM
In like a...! Nevermind.

1. Sully
2. Sprtbkbabe
3. aerofaze - weather dependent from the Springs

50sGrl
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 04:34 PM
Will there be food involved??

sprtbkbabe
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 05:01 PM
Will there be food involved??

Jeff must have a list of food stop locations, when we work out route...

:silly: right?

PunyJuney
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 05:08 PM
In like a...! Nevermind.

1. Sully
2. Sprtbkbabe
3. aerofaze - weather dependent from the Springs
4. PUNYJUNEY

bornwildnfree
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
5. Bornwildnfree!

Sully
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 06:16 PM
Yep, we will stop for lunch :)

Nvr2late
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 06:34 PM
I'm in

Concabar
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM
Sign me in!

Ninja2
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I am in, as long as the weather co-operates.

Glad Sully isn't organizing a fight against EDD ride. Can only imagine its thread title.:lol:

PunyJuney
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I am in, as long as the weather co-operates.

Glad Sully isn't organizing a fight against EDD ride. Can only imagine its thread title.:lol:

this must be killing the thread jacking boys.

Heater
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I'll see if I can get my shift covered.

TorchRedCorvette
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Count me in! :w00t:

Heater
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I got my shift covered!!! :) I'm in!

biikChiQ
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM
me too!

Here's a link to contribute in some way:
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2&link=ctg_bcs_home_from_bcs_dailyresults_sitenav
Free Clicks : Fund free mammograms for women in need!

DolphinRider
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM
:D:D:cheers: Have fun be safe, ill catch the Next One:w00t::up::up:

50sGrl
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 11:59 PM
12. Pending weather and whether I am able to ride.

Nvr2late
Sun Oct 2nd, 2011, 06:21 AM
Looks like we are going to have a great group, looking forward to the ride!

Sully
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Forecast - Saturday: Partly cloudy, breezy and seasonal. Morning lows are forecast to be from 41 to 45 degrees, afternoon highs from 60 to 65 degrees.

Ninja2
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
I'm now a maybe because my Ninja is still being worked on, and the Aprilia needs new tires after last weekends trip and a replacement part I need to order so it stops leaking coolant (yes, same prob as Ninja)..... . Not sure either will get done in time.
Will keep you posted.

aerofaze
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
I still plan on it, but I may have to cut it short as I have a commitment that evening. Not sure what time yet- I'll find out tonight or tomorrow.

And Ninja2, you need some new gear or get your leathers professionally cleaned so you can get rid of your signature. ;)

Sully
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Rabea / Sarah - Please keep me posted (since you ladies are coming up from the Springs). I would prefer to get an early start to miss traffic but I don't want to make you leave while it's still dark outside!

aerofaze
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Sully, will do. I'll PM you my phone number, so please text me back when you get it so I have your phone number (not sure if I have it, and I can't check right now).

Sully
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Yes, I am sure you have it since you were going to eat my tots! :lol: :D

Ninja2
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
And Ninja2, you need some new gear or get your leathers professionally cleaned so you can get rid of your signature. ;)

I had washed the liner of the top and that helped some. Do you know of a place in the Springs?
And what do I need to do with my boots? I got rained on last weekend a bit, and now it is unbearable according to fellow riders.... . :puke:

aerofaze
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Yes, I am sure you have it since you were going to eat my tots! :lol: :D

Oh yeah, duh. :P Thanks for the reminder.

I had washed the liner of the top and that helped some. Do you know of a place in the Springs?
And what do I need to do with my boots? I got rained on last weekend a bit, and now it is unbearable according to fellow riders.... . :puke:

Not sure about leather cleaners in the Springs. Or boot advice. If you find out where to do it or how to do it, let me know.

PunyJuney
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM
:lol:I LOVE that signature line!
The latest Fabreeze commercials claim that you can spray it on a stinky kitchen full of dirty dishes and it will smell like a meadow in the spring time.

Ninja2
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM
:lol:I LOVE that signature line!

Let's see if you still love it AFTER you smell me on Sat. :D
Looks like I am in. The Ninja is done. Just need to find a ride to pick it up.
I'll try Febreeze on my boots along with something to put into them.

Sully
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Of course - this happens:

Saturday: Mostly cloudy with rain showers. Morning lows are forecast to be from 38 to 43 degrees, afternoon highs from 57 to 63 degrees. :321:

I will keep an eye on the forecast... and will postpone/cancel if necessary... Stay tuned..

aerofaze
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Of course - this happens:

Saturday: Mostly cloudy with rain showers. Morning lows are forecast to be from 38 to 43 degrees, afternoon highs from 57 to 63 degrees. :321:

I will keep an eye on the forecast... and will postpone/cancel if necessary... Stay tuned..

Colorado weather and her PMS- ugh. Ladies, if it looks to be chilly or rainy Saturday morning or afternoon, I am pretty sure I will not make it as I don't want to ride all the way up there only to be half-frozen for the rest of the ride.

I am fine with postponing or cancelling, or even just going up there to hang out *gasp* without the bikes sometime.

bornwildnfree
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I'm ok with canceling or postponing if it's rainy. I really, really have no desire to repeat my last Durango trip. If ya'll want we can all come to my place for lunch/hanging out.

PunyJuney
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 06:08 PM
boo weather, everyone cross their fingers and do an anti-rain dance!

Sully
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I could move it to Sunday if that works? High between 65-71 degrees!

PunyJuney
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
works for me

bornwildnfree
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I'm easy.

Nvr2late
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Either day works for me too.

Concabar
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I could move it to Sunday if that works? High between 65-71 degrees!

Oh bugger! If it is Sunday, I guess I am out, enjoy the ride ladies. :)

@Nvr2late - its not because of football either.

PunyJuney
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I'm easy.

I'm easy, but I'm not cheap. And I'll ride both days....just have to decide on a bike now. Hmmmmm, anyone want one of the spares in my garage. We have a 2002 SV650 that has to go and Gary's 07 FZ6. Great beginner bikes, tell a friend any reasonable offer is acceptable.

Nvr2late
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Oh bugger! If it is Sunday, I guess I am out, enjoy the ride ladies. :)

@Nvr2late - its not because of football either.

oh sure....ya right I believe that.....:rolleyes:

Sully
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I'll take the cbr out for a spin :D :eyebrows:

Again Concabar???? :wtf: :no:

Concabar
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Nvr2late - Its true. My team is on a Bye Sunday.

Sully - again? I said in the other thread i couldnt ride this sunday. Looks like a good turn out regardless if i am there or not - i want to go on this ride since i have never done one, but i can only ride saturday, sry. I will catch yall on next season girls ride. :)

sprtbkbabe
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Either day works. Sunday looks better weather-wise, though. Expect to get rained on Saturday somewhere

(should we tell the leg-humper riders if we're rescheduling? :oops: LOL)

aerofaze
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I think Sunday works for me!

And what's up with the Italian trend? Rabea recently upgraded, and now it looks like June's got one too. AWESOME!

Maremare110
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Yea! Finally, a day I can ride with y'all. I'm anxious to meet you AND have a great ride. Any plans for a route yet?

Sully
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Saturday: Mostly cloudy and cooler with rain showers likely. The rain should not be heavy. Morning lows are forecast to be from 38 to 43 degrees, afternoon highs from 51 to 56 degrees.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, breezy and milder. Morning lows are forecast to be from 35 to 40 degrees, afternoon highs from 61 to 66 degrees.

Sully
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Sunday: This could be the first freeze of the season! Skies will be cloudy in the morning, then they will slowly become partly cloudy in the afternoon. Morning lows are forecast to be from 30 to 34 degrees, afternoon highs from 57 to 62 degrees.

Not that Sunday's weather looks that spectacular, but I am going to push this out until then.

aerofaze
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Sunday's still just a bit too chilly for me to start out, and it doesn't sound like it'll warm up to anything significant. Keeping in mind I'd have to tack on at least 2 hours for a roundtrip ride on my end (with Colo Spgs being even colder), I think I'm going to be a total wimp for this weekend and say I can't make it. :(

Sorry, Sully, I was totally looking forward to this, but I'm not as tough as some of you chicas. I'll have to catch you at the next one. Thanks for organizing, and have fun if you keep it going!

PunyJuney
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Maria and I were talking about Sunday. If it's decent we could ride down via Deckers a little later or up via Monument and pick you up along the way, zip around a littie,circle through woodland park, have lunch with you CS girls and go back the other way.

Sully
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 06:13 PM
No worries, Sarah.. I understand..

So now that it's Sunday (hopefully).. who's IN ??

Concabar
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Sorry, I am probably out for this. If you have a small turn out - then I will see if I can make it out - to at least up the numbers. 8)

aerofaze
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 06:56 AM
It is snowing here and sticking this morning, though mostly still wet, but I know Woodland Park got more than we did. Thanks for the idea, June, but I think it will be wiser for me to not ride far from home tomorrow.

PunyJuney
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k621/PunyJuney/snow/IMG_5660.jpg
Eye witness weather from Morrison.:rant:

sprtbkbabe
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I'm out Sunday. Hate to take corners with surprise wash out gravel show up :bigeyes:

Be safe

Ninja2
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Just woke up, and it's snowing..... .?! Nice pic, June! And nice neighborhood :-)

TorchRedCorvette
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 10:26 AM
...Snow?!? :bigeyes: I wasn't quite ready for snow.

If it clears up tomorrow, I would still ride- even just around town, and go for lunch or coffee...

For that matter, if anyone wants to meet for lunch today or tomorrow, I would do that even if I had to cage it. :loop:

Ninja2
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I really need to take advantage of the bad weather to catch up with work this weekend. Maybe we can all plan on a different day - even if it's just dinner (w/o a ride) or something. Halloween partay? Just a thought.

Sully
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Weather FAIL :rant: .... I'm thinking we should postpone or cancel.. :(

PunyJuney
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Weather FAIL :rant: .... I'm thinking we should postpone or cancel.. :(

scratch and start over when there's some good weather.

bornwildnfree
Sat Oct 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I have to work all day tomorrow so cancelling is good for me, but we really should get together for lunch or dinner.

aerofaze
Mon Oct 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Agreed on getting together sometime for lunch/dinner.

Even if I can't ride (due to weather), I'll still be willing to meet up even if everyone else is on a bike.

Maremare110
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 11:14 AM
So...... I'm guessing the the "boobies" staying snug in their bras last weekend? :cold: We got a few inches in Castle Rock as well, so I wasn't in any hurry to nip-out. What about this Sat or Sun...anyone want to get a little ride in during the fantastic forecasted weather? Looks like there's a group ride scheduled Sat down south if I have to.