PDA

View Full Version : Steels cycles can Kiss My Assssssssssssssss

Husky
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 06:54 PM
Went there to get some parts for my vintage motocross bike, after a long wait one of the so called customer service people I guess figured they could set their crack pipe down long enough to try and help me. Than with a fuck you attitude toward me and acting like they are doing me a favor by letting me spend my money in there establisment they informed me that, "not sure who you talk to but we dont have that" me, well I just called and drove a long way. "Dont know what to tell you" Nothing but a bunch of worthless Knuckle dragging fucking monekys there.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME DEALING WITH THESE MORONS!!

mdub
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 06:56 PM
awh hell.....lazy pukes....its there....place is a musuem...

Ghost
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM
Not a surprising review...be more surprised if you had a positive experience.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM
wow, another "fuck Steeles" thread.

could have saved you a lot of headache if you'd have searched the CSC for experiences with them first.

Steeles is the only place where people will foam at the mouth to share how much they fucking HATE Steeles. The place must be a money laundering front for drug money cuz I have no idea how they get enough customers to come back and earn an honest living.

paging metalord......

thaitanic
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM
this place is getting more famous everyday!

brennahm
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
They're actually doing quite well. The salvage business is almost deadweight on them.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 09:17 PM
They're actually doing quite well. The salvage business is almost deadweight on them.

Right - like prime land they bought off I25 in Windsor before the new bridge interchange was approved.

Devaclis
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 11:13 PM
Steeles' can go to hell. Horrible service. Retarded prices. Fuck you attitude. Take your business elsewhere.

birchyboy
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 06:04 AM
I must be the one-in-a-million happy customer. They're not terribly friendly but they did right by me. I bought what was supposed to be a right control pod for a naked SV but it turned out to be from a V-Strom. Since it wouldn't work, they refunded all but $10 of my money and agreed to lengthen my stock throttle cable 4". Couldn't be happier!

Husky
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Steeles' can go to hell. Horrible service. Retarded prices. Fuck you attitude. Take your business elsewhere.

You must have had the same sales ahole that I encountered. I dont know how this crap hole stays in business with their, "I am the only motorcycle shop in the united states attitude"

So if anyone is tired of all the other shops that at least treat you fairly and your day is going so good that you want someone to treat you like shit just to add some balance to your life, than go to Steels Cycle, I gaurantee they wont let you down.

Trainwreck
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:24 AM
I must be the one-in-a-million happy customer. They're not terribly friendly but they did right by me. I bought what was supposed to be a right control pod for a naked SV but it turned out to be from a V-Strom. Since it wouldn't work, they refunded all but $10 of my money and agreed to lengthen my stock throttle cable 4". Couldn't be happier!

2-in-a-1,000,000. I had a great help with them. Sure it was the one and only time i have ever used them, but they were the only ones with the part i needed...then the next day i wrecked my shit! haha. so since i no longer have a bike, FUCK STEELES!!! lmao

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
2-in-a-1,000,000. I had a great help with them. Sure it was the one and only time i have ever used them, but they were the only ones with the part i needed...then the next day i wrecked my shit! haha. so since i no longer have a bike, FUCK STEELES!!! lmao

Since you're working on that Windsor bridge, you can go to their satellite shop right there on the southwest corner. When I stopped in there the guys had a much better attitude than the Denver shop but I'd still never give them a dime.

Trainwreck
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Since you're working on that Windsor bridge, you can go to their satellite shop right there on the southwest corner. When I stopped in there the guys had a much better attitude than the Denver shop but I'd still never give them a dime.

My company is working on that bridge, but i'm one of the managers in the office. I may get up there once or twice a month, and with no bike...no need to stop. But i might roll in next time i'm up there and check it out.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
better to stop at Tri-City Cycles at the next exit south. I've never felt the need to rave about their sales or service but they've never done me wrong and people are generally happy.

But it's too bad there wasn't a good sized salvage yard on the front range that wasn't operated by a bunch of asshole douche-bags

Devaclis
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Seriously, they tried to charge me NEW factory prices on some 21 year old Honda parts that were damaged and needed to be rebuilt. I left. ANyone who has asked me about them since 2005 I have told to stay away. Far away. Do not support them.

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:03 AM
They're about the only motorcycle bone yard in town which is the only reason they're open.

As I've said many a time before, I'd rather run naked through a gauntlet of jagged, rusty, aids covered knives with a gorilla fucking me in the ass than give them a single dollar of my money.

Wrider
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
As I've said many a time before, I'd rather run naked through a gauntlet of jagged, rusty, aids covered knives with a gorilla fucking me in the ass

Dammit, why do you have to give me such sexy mental pictures?!

Mother Goose
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
I've bought 2 things from them and never had an issue.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:37 AM
I tried them three times. the 1st and 3rd(last) were bad experiences. I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt.

Snowman
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
I have shit luck with the desk staff, although their EBay staff seems to be much more customer friendly.

Last time I looked up a front rotor for the CBR600RR on EBay, printed it out and strolled in saying I wanted that item. They sent me to the computers guys upstairs and I had the part in 10mins and a bunch of free bolts I was missing.

Devaclis
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
I have shit luck with the desk staff, although their EBay staff seems to be much more customer friendly.

Last time I looked up a front rotor for the CBR600RR on EBay, printed it out and strolled in saying I wanted that item. They sent me to the computers guys upstairs and I had the part in 10mins and a bunch of free bolts I was missing.

Man why do you have to be an ass? We were not going to say anything good about them and here comes Snowman, strolling in and pissing on our Wheeties. Damn dude. lol

asp_125
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
I've gone in a couple of times over the years. Other than the counter staff who won't give you the time of day, if you know exactly what you need and want to poke around in their boneyard it's been relatively hassle free. The only bad thing is them wanting to charge you nearly brand new prices on used shit. I've haggled them down a few bucks though.

Sometimes if you own an old bike they're the only game in town. But websites like oldbikebarn.com and Omarsdtr.com carry parts for them too.

BTW Dana, how goes that CB?

Snowman
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Man why do you have to be an ass? We were not going to say anything good about them and here comes Snowman, strolling in and pissing on our Wheeties. Damn dude. lolOk fine, those guys are total assholes when you come in packing trying to buy meth...

Devaclis
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
lol nice.

SouthPaw
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Honestly, I feel its really hard to find a decent parts place that treats you right. Most of them have an attitude, "take a number and wait." The Windsor Steele's is always a pleasure to work with. Both my brother and I use them on a constant basis. I have also heard good things about Interstate Honda since they re-opened.

Doron&Katie
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Haven't set foot in the Denver location since 2004 'cause they are such fucking assholes. That about sums it up.

Husky
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Haven't set foot in the Denver location since 2004 'cause they are such fucking assholes. That about sums it up.

Holy shit, I am amazed how many people had the same misearble experience as I did at this retired meth lab excuse for a business.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Pretty sure no one likes Steels until they are the only shop in town that has the parts they need...

mdub
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:25 PM
dunno bout that.....unless they don't have a computer or no access to a library...

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Pretty sure no one likes Steels until they are the only shop in town that has the parts they need...

some are like that for sure.

but I can find anything I need online and have it shipped to my door for less than Steeles wants AND I don't have to be treated like a 2nd rate citizen

Ezzzzy1
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 11:31 PM
dunno bout that.....unless they don't have a computer or no access to a library...

some are like that for sure.

but I can find anything I need online and have it shipped to my door for less than Steeles wants AND I don't have to be treated like a 2nd rate citizen

You guys are way to patient :lol:

I do all my shopping online or with the few places around town that are cool... but if its the day before... Different story

DavidofColorado
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 01:02 AM
They are making a mint selling old bikes to places like England and Japan because there bikes rusted out to fast. They got a nice yz490 off me for a reasonable price that they tried to haggle down. Just to resell it for a lot more. Fuck steeles. Rick is the worst and everyone else follows his example.