PDA

View Full Version : New Discovery Channel Show In Denver

csmith
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Anyone seen this?

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/foghorn/here-we-go-again-american-guns-to-debut-on-discovery-channel-october-10th/

I read up on the shop, it's apparently Steele's of the gun world.

tecknojoe
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
that's a family that really believes in plastic surgery :lol:

modette99
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:37 AM
They are not attractive at all...LOL

Mother Goose
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
That's right by my house.

salsashark
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
When I first saw this thread, I was thinking of the Locked n Loaded show on showtime that was filmed down at the Shootist... but nope.

typical TLC/Discovery/History channel tripe.

If one is good, ten have to be better. These channels can't let one decent show go without cloning it.

They did it with the bike building shows, same with the blue collar worker shows, tattoos, you name it.

Tim K
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
In the shooting community, that guy (Rich Wyatt) is known as a fraud, fake, cheat, and liar. His shop is famous for mangling perfectly good weapons, then engraving their logo on them (without the customers permission). With so many good local shops, it astounds me that DC chose this guy.

salsashark
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:20 AM
In the shooting community, that guy (Rich Wyatt) is known as a fraud, fake, cheat, and liar. His shop is famous for mangling perfectly good weapons, then engraving their logo on them (without the customers permission). With so many good local shops, it astounds me that DC chose this guy.

DC realized that even with her snaggle tooth, the hottish(?) daughter is a major draw for Sons of Guns. So they went out and got 2.

tecknojoe
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
DC realized that even with her snaggle tooth, the hottish(?) daughter is a major draw for Sons of Guns. So they went out and got 2.

I hate it when that chick talks

brennahm
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
They want entertainers...not experts. Plus, it's not as if DC searches these people out, this group hired a production company, shot some episodes, and sells it to DC. So you'd have to be an egomaniac to shoot a show starring yourself in the hopes of selling it.

McVaaahhh
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Typical for Hollywood/TV. If you have success with one show, clone the shit out of it and inundate the TV watching community with it until they're completely bored with that subject...

Penadam
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Just saw this thread.
1: The daughter is hot in person
2: Spoof and I will be appearing in the background during one episode

I had a good experience there, seemed personable and knowledgeable. Didn't much care for the custom stuff they did, but there was quite a selection of stock weapons of all types. Watching them film for the show was a joke though. Multiple takes of the same scene, direction, etc... Points to how real reality TV is.

puckstr
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I don't watch TV

mdub
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Dont see it lasting a season....

grim
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I don't watch TV

:imwithstupid:

Sleev
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/23393_IMG_5949-1024x682.jpg

Am I the only person who finds it hysterically ironic that the "Mom" is fucking cross-eyed?

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 09:18 PM
So I have a follow-up on this show.

My wife's uncle, Frank, is a big time gun collector and used to be a gun dealer. He's even got his own APC. He knows the family for this show quite well and he is in one of the episodes of "American Guns".

Anyway, he basically said the whole show is B.S. (yeah, big surprise right?)

They set him up as a customer and scripted the whole thing.
1) The gun he was getting refurbished was Rich's gun, he wasn't really a customer.
2) He corrected some of their details about whatever guns they were talking about and they said: "You may be right, but this is what we've got and we have to go with it." Basically, there's no way they can show the main character to be wrong.
3) Supposedly they are going to fly somewhere to shoot the gun, and they have Frank take off and land his plane in the same spot. (they never went anywhere)
4) They even made him replace his hat that he was wearing with something they painted green. Because it had his business name on it.

Anyway, thought it was funny and really doesn't surprise me in the least.

Although, I do have to give him a hard time for damn near dropping the gun when he shot it. :lol:

mxer
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 07:55 AM
It's pretty bad show. He even has a helicopter he flies all the time to rich customers.

They made a cannon for a guy for 6k out of an old oxygen cylinder. They didn't even take the time to grind out of cover up the lettering and threads at the top of the tanks.

grim
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Anyone seen this?

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/foghorn/here-we-go-again-american-guns-to-debut-on-discovery-channel-october-10th/

I read up on the shop, it's apparently Steele's of the gun world.

Ive seen a few episodes i didnt realize it was in denver.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM
So I have a follow-up on this show.

My wife's uncle, Frank, is a big time gun collector and used to be a gun dealer. He's even got his own APC. He knows the family for this show quite well and he is in one of the episodes of "American Guns".

Anyway, he basically said the whole show is B.S. (yeah, big surprise right?)

They set him up as a customer and scripted the whole thing.
1) The gun he was getting refurbished was Rich's gun, he wasn't really a customer.
2) He corrected some of their details about whatever guns they were talking about and they said: "You may be right, but this is what we've got and we have to go with it." Basically, there's no way they can show the main character to be wrong.
3) Supposedly they are going to fly somewhere to shoot the gun, and they have Frank take off and land his plane in the same spot. (they never went anywhere)
4) They even made him replace his hat that he was wearing with something they painted green. Because it had his business name on it.

Anyway, thought it was funny and really doesn't surprise me in the least.

Although, I do have to give him a hard time for damn near dropping the gun when he shot it. :lol:

So you're saying its fake? No way man. Its all real!! Just like lizard lick. Operation repo. Repo games. Its all real! Storage wars baggaewars. Bondage wars. Nipple wars. Whatever else wars.

God I hate tv.

grim
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Nipple wars.
God I hate tv.

There is nothing fake nor wrong with "Nipple wars".

modette99
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Why mock him, people actually do think these shows are 100% real. Have you ever checked out their forums...people will argue till blue in the face how they are all REAL.

He shows what anyone with a brain knows, its all staged and scripted TV BS.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Why mock him, people actually do think these shows are 100% real. Have you ever checked out their forums...people will argue till blue in the face how they are all REAL.

He shows what anyone with a brain knows, its all staged and scripted TV BS.I wasn't mocking him. I was mocking all the reality tv.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 08:24 AM
There is nothing fake nor wrong with "Nipple wars".
There is if it ends up lietv. Lol

buzzardman36
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Personally, I think the mother and daughter have a GREAT SET of acting skills and plan to really RACK up some time watching this show :shocked:

vort3xr6
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I saw the jackass driving down I-25 in his fully wrapped truck. The daughter has the worst body of any girl I have seen, almost like an autistic dwarf.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I saw the jackass driving down I-25 in his fully wrapped truck. The daughter has the worst body of any girl I have seen, almost like an autistic dwarf.

Umm is this the same girl in the photos?

Ghosty
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I always wondered if Chumley was really THAT dumb in real life. I doubt it, that has to be an act. Pawn Stars is actually a cool show, imo. It's like Antiques Roadshow, but for our generation, not old ladies, lol.

As for American Guns, I wouldn't kick either of those broads outta bed. But yeah, nothing spectacular.

Sleev
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Personally, I think the mother and daughter have a GREAT SET of acting skills and plan to really RACK up some time watching this show :shocked:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

vort3xr6
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM

Yeah her legs are about 1 feet long and her torso is 4 feet long. Dwarf.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM

birchyboy
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Ive seen a few episodes i didnt realize it was in denver.

It isn't.....it's in Wheat Ridge.

modette99
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I always wondered if Chumley was really THAT dumb in real life. I doubt it, that has to be an act. Pawn Stars is actually a cool show, imo. It's like Antiques Roadshow, but for our generation, not old ladies, lol.

As for American Guns, I wouldn't kick either of those broads outta bed. But yeah, nothing spectacular.

I read on a forum once where someone meet him and said he is actually pretty smart. It's like Mikey from American Choppers that played the fat idiot, I heard the same about him that he is actually pretty smart.

birchyboy
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Has anyone else been to the pawn shop in Las Vegas? That place is a shit hole in a shitty part of Las Vegas. I don't think they have put any of the money they've earned back into the business.

Oh wait, they did. They have very nice price tags with absurdly inflated prices and a merchandise section with bobble heads and sweat shirts.

Peanut_EOD
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Have you ever been to Vegas? It's all a shitty part of town in a shitty desert. It's a guido playground.

mdub
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM
that is the best part of vegas...wink wink..

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM

Dude thats fun size! Lol

mdub
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM
yeah if ur in a circus...

Peanut_EOD
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Why is her finger on the trigger? Shouldn't she know basic gun safety?

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Here we go again.... :shock:

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
No one is looking at her legs. :shock:

Peanut_EOD
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
You're welcome.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM
yeah if ur in a circus...

Wow people on here are picky. Id hit it. Hard. Maybe twice..

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM

You know how i know your gay? :king:

Jk

Peanut_EOD
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I was just trying to draw attention away from her legs. I personally like them stumpy.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hahaha!!! Yeah i didn'tstray far from the tits. Lol

Peanut_EOD
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, the body is great, but she kinda looks like she likes chocolate milk!

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Haha i love how guys look at the ladys now days. How would i like to wake up next to that. Fuck that in and out. For you simps that over look good times have fun finding that narrow field of what you want for a wife.

birchyboy
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Haha i love how guys look at the ladys now days. How would i like to wake up next to that. Fuck that in and out. For you simps that over look good times have fun finding that narrow field of what you want for a wife.

I hope you're referring to the Mom; I think the daughter is underage.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Is she? Fml.

birchyboy
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Is she? Fml.

From their website - Sept 2011:

Daughter Paige is a 16-year-old high school senior and works in the shop summers and nights/weekends. But don’t let her looks fool you. She knows more about guns than most men who walk into the shop. And before you know it, you’ll be buying one from her.
EDIT FOR NOTE: Any sexual comments about the 16 year old daughter will be deleted. You have been warned, you creepy bastards.

mdub
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Wow people on here are picky. Id hit it. Hard. Maybe twice..

you go Shaq..oh yeah haha

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Just saw this thread.
2: Spoof and I will be appearing in the background during one episode
.....as targets? :lol: :)

#1Townie
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
From their website - Sept 2011:

Daughter Paige is a 16-year-old high school senior and works in the shop summers and nights/weekends. But don’t let her looks fool you. She knows more about guns than most men who walk into the shop. And before you know it, you’ll be buying one from her.
EDIT FOR NOTE: Any sexual comments about the 16 year old daughter will be deleted. You have been warned, you creepy bastards.

Fucking townie! :slap:

grim
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 03:40 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/1465595-this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon_super.jpg