PDA

View Full Version : This thread will be interesting to say at the least...

grim
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
So I have Been in Lysite WY all week and im sure some of you didnt miss me but Im back. Today was quite interesting though that i would like to share with everyone

When i got back to Denver i needed a new front tire so i called ImortalUK because i dont give a shit what anyone says he is a very nice guy and he said he would help me with my front tire!

Now i knew i needed a front tire but I thought my rear tire was good and i was wrong as hell. To say at the least i was uneasy about riding on the front tire but what i discovered once i got to the shop was very disturbing.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-4.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-5.jpg

Keep in mind I have never done a burnout that wear is all from 6k of riding!!

Now onto something else that happened today. ImortalUK did not have a rear tire for me as i told him i only needed a front tire so we went to go get one.

On the return trip we ran into this little dame:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-6.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-3-1.jpg

yup tennis shoes, yoga pants, tank top, helmet, no gloves

So i was lucky enough to have a chat with this fine young lady at the stop light:

Me: Where is the rest of your gear?

Her: I dont need it I am a seasoned rider!

Me: Ok thats great but what happens when a cager hits you out of nowhere?

Her: i know what I am doing!

Me: Thats great but the people in the cars trying to kill you dont and your making it easy for them to kill you!

Her: Well its too hot out for gear!

Me: Sweat is easier to clean off than blood toots!

She looked down in defeat light turned green and off she went down yonder to potentially learn the hard way why gear is important.

Now onto the last and most interesting part of m thread!!

I drove back to Denver from Lysite this morning which is a 7 hour drive. Upon being on Interstate 80 i discovered what you could label as an accident. There was a Rental Moving truck facing west on the right hand shoulder of I 80 east. So im like WTF initially then upon further inspection it looks as though the cab is twisted or something. Once we got closer i gave my co-worker my phone and said "take some pics i have a feeling this may be epic" Sure enough it was:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-7-1.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-8.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/bike/photo-9.jpg

Yup what you are seeing is correct the mother fucking trailer walls fell apart except for the right side!!! Talk about a bad fucking day!!!

Thats all i have hope you enjoyed carry on smartly!

derekm
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
you should have done some drifting, steel belts are like ice! I remember trying to clutch up a wheelie on i70 years ago & getting squiggly!!!!

madvlad
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
Wow dude, those cords were out there bro lol

longrider
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:12 PM
Look at the scrape marks on the road and the truck, he rolled it completely over and back on the wheels

Bueller
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
I am just wondering how you don't know that your tires were totally shot 500 miles ago?

grim
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
I am just wondering how you don't know that your tires were totally shot 500 miles ago?

I rode to Estes last weekend and the rear tire looked fine it was on that run the front tire got to the point it needed to be replaced I'm a little confused about the rear because it was fine last weekend and my bike sat in my shop all week but I left the key in it so I have a feeling someone went on joy rides.

Bueller
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
That front should have been replaced a long time ago. Do you know where the wear indicators are? You are pushing them way too far. You should consider replacement as soon as wear bars show up. I have had front tires that were almost at the wear bars that caused the handleing to be so bad I was not comfortable even riding it. The 650 I just picked up was like that. I wouldn't ride it until I got the new tire on it because it handled poorly. New tires and it rides like a dream.

grim
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
That front should have been replaced a long time ago. Do you know where the wear indicators are? You are pushing them way too far. You should consider replacement as soon as wear bars show up. I have had front tires that were almost at the wear bars that caused the handleing to be so bad I was not comfortable even riding it. The 650 I just picked up was like that. I wouldn't ride it until I got the new tire on it because it handled poorly. New tires and it rides like a dream.

I do not know where the wear bars are.

rfranks303
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
I rode to Estes last weekend and the rear tire looked fine it was on that run the front tire got to the point it needed to be replaced I'm a little confused about the rear because it was fine last weekend and my bike sat in my shop all week but I left the key in it so I have a feeling someone went on joy rides.

I have that same feeling. are there any signs of burnouts on the undertail?

Bueller
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:47 PM
http://attach.kawiforums.com/2006/06/22/20060622064510-0-7008.jpg
http://rhhall.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Metzler-Z-6-Wear-Indicators/IMG1283/35359372_Awveb-S.jpg

They are in several places around the tires, it is a raised bar in the tread that acts as a guage. When they wear down to the point that they are flush with the surface the tire is basically done. Time to start thinking about replacement. Street bikes usually show them in the middle, race bike tires show them on the edges first. That is why people can sell race take offs for street use, there is usually a ton of life left in the middle.

grim
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
Thank you for the info bueller I will be sure to watch that I was very uneasy riding with them the way they were I will not let that happen again.

Clovis
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
I'm glad you're back Grim!!

I wish I could get 6k out of my tires.

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm glad you're back Grim!!

I wish I could get 6k out of my tires.

Missed you too buddy!!!

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Did the gear police issue the young lady a ticket?

Vellos
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I thought you had six years of riding "experience" in which you should have learned some basic bike maintenance. Your tires are about as bad as your chain epidemic was. Also don't bother people about gear she is more likely than not a better rider than you.

Jmetz
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Grim I'm disappointed.. The only question that matters in that situation is: Do you ride without protection in the bedroom too?

bornwildnfree
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Glad you're back :-) your rear looks like mine. We aren't mad at ImortalUK but had very good reasons for what we did. Call me if you'd like to discuss :-)

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I thought you had six years of riding "experience" in which you should have learned some basic bike maintenance. Your tires are about as bad as your chain epidemic was. Also don't bother people about gear she is more likely than not a better rider than you.

Six years of riding doesn't mean I know everything I had multiple bikes that I didn't ride every single day and this is the first time I've actually used a set of tires to their full extent. Also I wasn't bothering anyone I simply asked the question. For someone who says ATGATT is important it's pretty hypocritical of you to say to not "bother" someone that clearly thinks that they are such a great rider that they don't need gear. What if she was a better rider than me vellos? Does that mean when the car runs a red light and t-bones her she won't get as hurt not wearing gear as opposed to me being in the same situation wearing gear? Try thinking before you type your statement makes you look like you don't care for other people's well being when you yourself have said your a nice person and your always willing to help someone. Maybe I was helping her understand why gear is important I was in no way being a dick to her.

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Grim I'm disappointed.. The only question that matters in that situation is: Do you ride without protection in the bedroom too?

:lol: I did once and now I have a kid best thing to ever happen in my life I can proudly say!!!!!

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Glad you're back :-) your rear looks like mine. We aren't mad at ImortalUK but had very good reasons for what we did. Call me if you'd like to discuss :-)

Your reasons are your reasons not my place to hear and compare stories thanks for the welcome back I have new tires now and thanks to bueller I know what to pay attention to!!

Ezzzzy1
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Me: Dude your fucking tire is shot
Grim: Not that I know of
Me: Do you know how dangerous that is
Grim: No
Me: I would rather ride without gear than ride on that tire
Grim:Thats unsafe
:lol:

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Me: Dude your fucking tire is shot
Grim: Not that I know of
Me: Do you know how dangerous that is
Grim: No
Me: I would rather ride without gear than ride on that tire
Grim:Thats unsafe

Can't argue w that. What are your plans tom? I have 30 w your name on it.

Vellos
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Six years of riding doesn't mean I know everything I had multiple bikes that I didn't ride every single day and this is the first time I've actually used a set of tires to their full extent.

Also I wasn't bothering anyone I simply asked the question.

So if someone pulled up to a light and started telling you about how motorcycles are dangerous and you shouldn't be riding them that wouldn't be considered bothering you?

For someone who says ATGATT is important it's pretty hypocritical of you to say to not "bother" someone that clearly thinks that they are such a great rider that they don't need gear.

I ride ATGATT but I'm not going to go around handing out pamphlets to strangers trying to get them to 'be like me'. Similar to pushing religion on someone, it's just wrong.

What if she was a better rider than me vellos?

Then you shouldn't be telling them what to do, especially coming from someone who rides the chords of their tires.

Does that mean when the car runs a red light and t-bones her she won't get as hurt not wearing gear as opposed to me being in the same situation wearing gear?

Gear doesn't do shit against a crushing impact, except for the helmet which she was already wearing.

Try thinking before you type your statement makes you look like you don't care for other people's well being when you yourself have said your a nice person and your always willing to help someone.

I help people that are asking for help. I don't go around preaching to people about how what they're doing is wrong.

Maybe I was helping her understand why gear is important I was in no way being a dick to her.

You were being a dick to her.

modette99
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 11:39 AM

No, because she is seasoned and knows what she is doing...LOL

Ghost
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM
When does this get interesting?

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Vellos I honestly think your missing the point. I asked a simple question I didn't say "hey bitch you need gear you will die without it." When I asked the question I got the I'm seasoned I don't need gear. You honestly can't see the flaw in that response? Seriously And I'm not bullshiting you I'd like to sit down with you for lunch and talk about our views on this matter rather than dispute it over the forum. We have completely different views I'm just curious as to how you will discuss them in person rather than online.

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM

When you stand on your head and punch yourself in the yardballs.

Jmetz
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Vellos I honestly think your missing the point. I asked a simple question I didn't say "hey bitch you need gear you will die without it." When I asked the question I got the I'm seasoned I don't need gear. You honestly can't see the flaw in that response? Seriously And I'm not bullshiting you I'd like to sit down with you for lunch and talk about our views on this matter rather than dispute it over the forum. We have completely different views I'm just curious as to how you will discuss them in person rather than online.

I'm not bullshiting you I'd like you to keep disputing it over the forum then sit down and discuss it over lunch. I'm bored.

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I'm not bullshiting you I'd like you to keep disputing it over the forum then sit down and discuss it over lunch. I'm bored.

It'll have to be tomorrow me and the little one are at the dentist waiting for mom. Go for a ride man!!

Jmetz
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:20 PM
They don't let me do that at work.

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:27 PM
They don't let me do that at work.

Work on saturday huh? That sucks I've said it many times and I'll say it again: Explosive diarrhea! Today is a beautiful day to be riding and even more beautiful to take your kid to the park which is what I'm doing after this.

Vellos
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Man: Hey kid why aren't you in church on Sundays?

Kid: Because I'm an atheist.

Man: What happens when you die and go to hell?

Kid: I don't believe in hell.

Man: You must go to church and confess your sins otherwise you are most certainly going to hell for taunting God.

Kid: I really just don't give a shit.

Man: Put your trust in the lord otherwise you will burn for eternity.

Kid: (Kicks man in the balls and walks away.)

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Man: Hey kid why aren't you in church on Sundays?

Kid: Because I'm an atheist.

Man: What happens when you die and go to hell?

Kid: I don't believe in hell.

Man: You must go to church and confess your sins otherwise you are most certainly going to hell for taunting God.

Kid: I really just don't give a shit.

Man: Put your trust in the lord otherwise you will burn for eternity.

Kid: (Kicks man in the balls and walks away.)

:lol: how did you know I did that?

Jmetz
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Work on saturday huh? That sucks I've said it many times and I'll say it again: Explosive diarrhea! Today is a beautiful day to be riding and even more beautiful to take your kid to the park which is what I'm doing after this.

Eh I can't complain about working Saturdays, I get Sun., Mon., Tues., off so I can go ride with minimal traffic and cops. :D

Vellos
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:44 PM
:lol: how did you know I did that?

:idea:

Me: Where is the rest of your gear?

Her: I dont need it I am a seasoned rider!

Me: Ok thats great but what happens when a cager hits you out of nowhere?

Her: i know what I am doing!

Me: Thats great but the people in the cars trying to kill you dont and your making it easy for them to kill you!

Her: Well its too hot out for gear!

She gave me the finger and rode off quickly so I couldn't bother her anymore.

rfranks303
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:45 PM

When you post up a good pic in the nsfw thread and we forget this soon to be 3 argument over gear.

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Yea one in the same right? Except not really two totally different topics one of which that everyone argues over as well as I didn't tell her to do anything I only asked questions. What would you do if that girl showed up to one of your rides and said I'm a seasoned rider vellos I don't need gear you look stupid wearing a leather sumo suit and it's too hot to wear gear?

Vellos
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Sumo suit? :wtf:

I don't care what people ride with when they're doing their own thing. I do care if they are going to be with me because I don't want to be associated with their blood or death if they go down.

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Sumo suit? :wtf:

I don't care what people ride with when they're doing their own thing. I do care if they are going to be with me because I don't want to be associated with their blood or death if they go down.

Sumo suit=just poking at you.

Fair enough me however I'm just curious therefore I ask questions in this case I asked why she wasn't wearing gear I didn't tell her to do anything. I'm just wondering what entices someone to ride with no gear especially down wadsworth during rush hour. I know you care about the people on your rides bit it is human nature to care sometimes about people you don't even know or have never met. Yesterday was that case for me which is why asked those questions and made the comments in hopes of maybe she would re consider. Religion does not come even close to that of riding without gear and you know that so to compare the two is for lack of a better word dumb. I do see your point however it can be annoying because it is none of my business.

modette99
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I wonder what her idea of "seasoned" is??? I mean riding in general even if she has for two years factor in most people put maybe a few thousand and might call that seasoned. I call that a beginner.

If it was me my response would have been, get back to me when you put on 200K miles and then we will discuss whether you are seasoned or not...but even so I still wear gear. Hope you stay looking good and not look like hamburger...LOL

Ghost
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 03:50 PM
When you post up a good pic in the nsfw thread and we forget this soon to be 3 argument over gear.

I'll see what I can find...

I wonder what her idea of "seasoned" is???L

She's salty. Very...salty...from eating and being covered in lots of...seasoning...

modette99
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 05:04 PM
A little of this goes a long way

http://www.americansweets.co.uk/ekmps/shops/statesidecandy/images/american-slap-ya-mama-regular-cajun-seasoning-8oz-227g-tub-11876-p.gif

willb003
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 05:46 PM

What the fuck is a "blood toot?"

Think
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Similar to pushing religion on someone
I strongly disagree.

grim
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 06:21 PM
What the fuck is a "blood toot?"

I was calling her toots :lol:

mdub
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 06:23 PM

hahhhahaa...i've had worst tires.....looks those has at least a cpl hundred miles on them left

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 08:55 AM
any more pics of this girl?

When you pulled up next to her, instead of asking her where he gear was, you should have asked if she smoked and then said "standby" :lol: and lit her up with a bunch of diesel smoke.

Clovis
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Leave it to Vellos to make someone else's thread ALL ABOUT VELLOS.

So if someone pulled up to a light and started telling you about how motorcycles are dangerous and you shouldn't be riding them that wouldn't be considered bothering you?

I ride ATGATT but I'm not going to go around handing out pamphlets to strangers trying to get them to 'be like me'. Similar to pushing religion on someone, it's just wrong.

Then you shouldn't be telling them what to do, especially coming from someone who rides the chords of their tires.

Gear doesn't do shit against a crushing impact, except for the helmet which she was already wearing.

I help people that are asking for help. I don't go around preaching to people about how what they're doing is wrong.

You were being a dick to her.

grim
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 09:25 AM
any more pics of this girl?

When you pulled up next to her, instead of asking her where he gear was, you should have asked if she smoked and then said "standby" :lol: and lit her up with a bunch of diesel smoke.

I cant post that video everyone on here would go through another "That's fucking dumb and i don't find it funny moment" :lol:

Swift
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I'm riding to class in a speedo tomorrow just for Grim.
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/085/290/original/come%20at%20me%20bro.jpg?1291096708

Spooph
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Oh snap! I could have so much fun with this thread.... But I'm not gonna. Grim, we need to ride!

Nooch
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I cant post that video everyone on here would go through another "That's fucking dumb and i don't find it funny moment" :lol:

False. I would never be so negative to you! Its so not worth getting blacklisted on the cookie distribution list!!! :D

Ricky
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 11:15 AM
All people have their opinions about those that ride without gear, including me. Whatever. I'm a 99% guy, and I'll not wear my gear for any reason, whenever I want, and on any road I choose. I just don't like to. I don't really care if other people care if I wear gear or not. There's a guy on a harley laughing at me in full gear (hot as hell) while I'm imagining his squid helmet-less head sliding across the ground as he crashes.

Every tire has some sort of wear bar, motorcycle or not (slicks different of course). I thought that was common knowledge. Either way, now you know.

grim
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I'm riding to class in a speedo tomorrow just for Grim.
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/085/290/original/come%20at%20me%20bro.jpg?1291096708

Pics or it didn't happen!

grim
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Oh snap! I could have so much fun with this thread.... But I'm not gonna. Grim, we need to ride!

Indeed we do!

grim
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 11:23 AM
The title to my thread doesn't lie its getting interesting (and awkward)!

I'm going to go do some work now see you at 12!

Vellos
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Grim's circle jerk group is getting bigger. :eyebrows:

grim
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Grim's circle jerk group is getting bigger. :eyebrows:

Hey you were first in line. Were not getting jealous are we?

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Either way, now you know.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6179/6185830205_8f620849a4_o.jpg

grim
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:50 PM

^^^ fail Wicky fail....

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:52 PM
^^^ fail Wicky fail....
Ninja'd your fail fail calling out. :poo:

And modded that shit!

GixxerCarrie
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM
:pointlaugh:

grim
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Ninja'd your fail fail calling out. :poo:

And modded that shit!

Weak man....and with that fail i shall now go to work!

Swift
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:12 AM
http://phail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/epic-fail.jpg