PDA

View Full Version : Shout out if you are an NRA Member!

KFinn
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 09:51 PM
As the title says..... Shout out if you are an NRA member AND a brief/short statement why and how long.

I am curious to the numbers and the reasons behind the membership choice. You can copy and paste and add your answers.

------------------------

Member: Yes / No

Why: Because I ____

How Long:

The Black Knight
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Member: Yes - Life Member

Why: Because I feel the NRA are the only real contenders when it comes to 2nd Amendment preservation. GOA and others like them, just don't have the clout when it comes to legislative battles and so forth. Not that I don't think GOA or even RMGO don't have anything to offer, just when it comes to defending the 2nd Amendment, I feel it's best to go with who is the "best" and that's the NRA. The NRA make the most stalwart Anti-Gun groups/orgs very uneasy and I like that.

How Long: started out yearly for a long time, now a Life Member

stitch
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Not only am I a member but also an NRA firearms instructor. I've paid my dues yearly since the early 90s. Guess I should probably go ahead and pony up the cost for the lifetime.

The NRA is one of the few organizations which really protects our 2nd amendment rights as individuals not some large corporation just interested in protecting their profits. The value we get out of them as individuals is incalculable. Without them I can't imagine what the US would be like.

wulf
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I've been a member solid for 3 years, off and on for about 10.

I really am displeased with the NRA's training programs, they're barely adequate to introduce a new shooter and do very little for experienced shooters.

They're pretty much the only lobby group that is protecting the 2nd amendment, so as much as I would like to see major changes, they get my money.

I'm a GOA life member.

dirkterrell
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I'm an endowment member because I believe it is a fundamental right and aids in the protection against government tyranny in the communal sense and against crime in the individual sense. Been a member since 2005.

Tim K
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Guilty as charged. On and off for 30+ years. Reasons are similar enough to those above I won't repeat.

SloBlue
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I had to let 35 years or so of NRA membership lapse after the NRA supported Betsy Markey in the 4th Congressional District here in Colorado and Senator Harry Reid in Nevada in the last election. I just couldn't reconcile my $ going in any way, shape or form to either of those two people.

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners seems to be a better option.

~Barn~
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Yes. When I purchased my last gun, I was provided a free membership.

GixxerCarrie
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I am also one...First year. Discount with a CCW class I took earlier this year.

jbnwc
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I am

My wife is

My 2yo is

But my 1yo is still a thumb sucking liberal hippie! :)

Devaclis
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I had to let 35 years or so of NRA membership lapse after the NRA supported Betsy Markey in the 4th Congressional District here in Colorado and Senator Harry Reid in Nevada in the last election. I just couldn't reconcile my $ going in any way, shape or form to either of those two people.

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners seems to be a better option.

AMEN

DFab
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
My brother bought me a one year membership as a gag gift.

Here is an article worth reading
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/8608/

stitch
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 10:46 PM
My brother bought me a one year membership as a gag gift.

Here is an article worth reading
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/8608/

Wow, the inaccuracies in that highly slanted article against the 2nd ammendment are staggering. But that's to be expected from the Atlantic. I should know I used to work there.

DFab
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Wow, the inaccuracies in that highly slanted article against the 2nd ammendment are staggering. But that's to be expected from the Atlantic. I should know I used to work there.

What inaccuracies? And how is it slanted?