PDA

View Full Version : Replacing chain, need help

Dub
Tue Jun 7th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I am regearing my bike and replacing the chain. I tried using a clip link to get the bike rideable so a shop could install the rivet link, but broke the clip.

Does anyone have a chain tool that you can loan me or better yet if you want to help me out? I have to fly to Houston Wed night, but will be back Fri night and all weekend.

TIA!!

CBRChick
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 08:16 AM
I have a couple chain tools ... one that will press the links back together so the chain doesn't fall off :D and also one that will break the links ... will either one of those work for you?

Mista Black
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 08:23 AM
this would probably get more attention if you throw a pic of Tanya up on the Duc and claim it's for her bike... :lol: it worked last time :P

hope you get it fixed Dave... it sounds like christine will be able to hook you up :yes:

Dub
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I have a couple chain tools ... one that will press the links back together so the chain doesn't fall off :D and also one that will break the links ... will either one of those work for you?

Awesome!!!

Yes, I need the one that mushrooms the new master link rivets. I have to be at the airport around 5pm, are you around today? If not, maybe I could get it Sat AM. I can't go without riding this weekend. It's been too long!!!!

You can call me @ 720-244-1807 if you want to hook up today sometime.

Thanks Christine!!!!

CBRChick
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Awesome!!!

Yes, I need the one that mushrooms the new master link rivets. I have to be at the airport around 5pm, are you around today? If not, maybe I could get it Sat AM. I can't go without riding this weekend. It's been too long!!!!

You can call me @ 720-244-1807 if you want to hook up today sometime.

Thanks Christine!!!!

No problem!!! I am actually going to a concert this evening ... but I will definitely be around Saturday morning! Let me know when will work for you and I'll send you directions.