PDA

View Full Version : Female bike crash

spdu4ia
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Someone here? Glad she's ok.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_18973843?source=rss

Squisha
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Article indicates the SUV in the oncoming lane saw what was happening and slowed almost to a stop. +1 for attendant cagers!

jrthomas6
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:25 AM
+1 to rider for wearing gear!

Depths_of_Mind
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:36 AM
-1 for target fixation :(

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:47 AM
+1 for chicks on bikes

Snowman
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:53 AM
+1 for chicks on bikesJust +1?

BC14
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Just +1?
Wouldn't it be +2? :boobies:

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Does Angela have a sister? Cause I think that's her last name. Sean??

UglyDogRacing
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Does Angela have a sister? Cause I think that's her last name. Sean??

That's what I was thinking. Same last name as Angela.

Sean
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Yes, that is Angela's little sister. She is in stable/good condition but still at the hospital. Hopefully, they will release her today or tomorrow. And yes, she was wearing all of her gear, and it saved her life.

cptschlongenheimer
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Please tell her the CSC wishes her a speedy recovery...

~Barn~
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Wow... glad this didn't turn out worse!

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

+1000 for wearing gear

+100000000 for chicks on bikes. :boobies:

Sean
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Please tell her the CSC wishes her a speedy recovery...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
:up: Thanks guys!

aerofaze
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Glad to hear angab's little sis is ok!

angab
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for all the well-wishes...we appreciate it! :)

Sean
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Just wanted to thank everybody for the positive thoughts and well wishes. Just an update, she is out of the hospital and doing fine. She feels pretty beat up, but the only serious injury she sustained is tearing her ACL and a few tendons in her left knee. In other words, she was VERY lucky. The crash was rider error. Going into a corner too hot with a side order of target fixation. Mistakes that are very common among new riders and people on this board.

But the one thing to learn from all of this, is wear your gear! And wear all of it. And have good gear too, your life may depend on it. She was very lucky to have a good Shoei helmet, good textile jacket and good boots. Most importantly, and this is what most of us don't wear, she had good riding pants. If it weren't for the riding pants she would be in serious pain right now and having multiple skin graphs. Her pants were textile, and they held up like a champ! So for all of you motogp rookie of the year canyon riders, wear good pants.

mastap07
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
awesome to hear that she came out alive and not too beat up! major props to her for wearing all the gear even in the heat. i know a lot of people (my brother included) that would wear jacket and helmet but shorts....???? he finally just bought pants yesterday i just hope he wears them. the healing might be a long process but its much better than the other outcome!

Sully
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Glad she is ok!

Sean
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Here is link with a few images (for those who want to see).
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/09/25/motorcycle-crashes-into-suv-near-nederland/

And here's one from our personal collection. I'm no expert, but I don't think that the front tire is supposed to be touching the rear brake?
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/photo.jpg

The only reason I'm posting these, is because I'm hope it helps educate some of us. I know that there were (not are) a lot of times that I've gone into the canyon in my work khaki's and it's stupid, don't do it. Remember the saying, "dress for the crash, not the ride." :up:

willb003
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Holy sheeet!

Glad she is ok!

Do you think she will continue to ride?

deadline
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 11:42 PM
WOW! She survived THAT?.... This is serious....

Ghost
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Wow, glad she made it out of that relatively unscathed...

usmcab35
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 11:47 PM
That might buff out... might need suspension adjusted? Glad to hear shes ok and glad she was wearing gear, looks like it made a big difference in the outcome..

Depths_of_Mind
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I am very glad she is ok (at least mostly) and nothing life threatening!

Sean
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Do you think she will continue to ride?
It's a little to soon to say. If I had to guess, I'd say she'll get back on a bike...just not today. :lol:

(Good to see you on here, Will)

Glad to hear shes ok and glad she was wearing gear, looks like it made a big difference in the outcome..Correction, it MADE the difference. If it weren't for luck and good gear, she'd be dead.

usmcab35
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 08:49 AM
It's a little to soon to say. If I had to guess, I'd say she'll get back on a bike...just not today. :lol:

(Good to see you on here, Will)
Correction, it MADE the difference. If it weren't for luck and good gear, she'd be dead.

yea that was what i was trying to say.... hope she heals up soon!!

Sean
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 09:12 AM
yea that was what i was trying to say.... hope she heals up soon!!I know, I was just clearing it up for others. Thanks Eugene! :up:

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
wow...just saw this today...glad she is OK

thankgod
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 06:13 PM
lot's 'o' people crashing lately...:think: plus they cited her!??!! WTF!? like her hospital bills arn't enough, poor girl.

Sean
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
wow...just saw this today...glad she is OK
Thanks Dave. Yeah, she's okay. Going into knee surgery on Thursday. it'll be a long road to full recovery, but hey, at least there is a recovery!

lot's 'o' people crashing lately...:think: plus they cited her!??!! WTF!? like her hospital bills arn't enough, poor girl.
Yup, she was laying in the ER, basically not knowing which way is up with dried blood on her face, and the guy is explaining how she has to appear in court. I'm not a cop hater, but I may have informed him of my thoughts on his actions (in a fairly non-dick way, while still getting my point across). :roll:

Ninja2
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
I hope the surgery will go well, and that Andrea will have a speedy and full recovery. Looking at the bike, things could have been a lot worse. Sobering, but helpful, reminder of what can happen riding a bike.

Sean
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Sobering, but helpful, reminder of what can happen riding a bike.I agree, it really helps keep things in check.

Thanks for the positive thoughts! :up:

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Holy crap, I'm really glad she's alright! Most wrecks that look like that don't have good endings.

oh, and as for the bike, Honda Polish will fix that right up.

aerofaze
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:11 AM
... Yup, she was laying in the ER, basically not knowing which way is up with dried blood on her face, and the guy is explaining how she has to appear in court. I'm not a cop hater, but I may have informed him of my thoughts on his actions (in a fairly non-dick way, while still getting my point across). :roll:

My colleague had to go through a similar thing. In her bike crash, it was a one-vehicle accident that didn't block traffic. An ambulance picked her up before any LEO's appeared at the scene, but while waiting at the hospital a cop decided to show up to cite and fine her for "failure to keep vehicle upright."

Anyway, glad Andrea is ok for the most part. It appears she does not suffer from a lack knowing people who'll help her get back on two wheels!

Sean
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
oh, and as for the bike, Honda Polish will fix that right up.If Honda Polish can't fix it, it don't need no fixin'! :arrr:

My colleague had to go through a similar thing. In her bike crash, it was a one-vehicle accident that didn't block traffic. An ambulance picked her up before any LEO's appeared at the scene, but while waiting at the hospital a cop decided to show up to cite and fine her for "failure to keep vehicle upright."Very similar situation. I guess it is, what it is.

rforsythe
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:25 AM
That tire looks a couple psi low. :)

Glad she's alright!

Sean
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:45 AM
That tire looks a couple psi low. :)
Yeah, there's an air leak somewhere, I just can't find it....:think:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/tire.jpg

Wrider
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Looks like you were using the right handed fork stretcher for inverted forks, they're too strong for traditional forks!

Scatterbrain
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Wow that one looks a bit painful. Glad she's ok.

bornwildnfree
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Wow, glad she's ok! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Afrobaron
Mon Oct 10th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Poor little ninja - I used to own one.

Glad she will be able to make the decision to get back on two or not.