PDA

View Full Version : PPIR footage of Superstreet

jbnwc
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Ok, so my footage of going back through the pack isn't great, but Antonio was on a tear and got some footage, too! I added a little near highside clip from the warmup to the end of my video. I'm blaming that for my unwillingness to twist the throttle during the actual race.

Here's me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE3g5vbiKVI

Antonio on his R1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yF7LgX4m4

flyingmonkey
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I never been in PPIR but looks really fun, I have to try it sometime in the future.

sneakyhonda
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Great job man. I also have so much fun racing with you. I would hate to see you on a smaller bike =0 Good save man looks like you were almost off the bike =0

MilkMan
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Cool vids and nice save man! What tires do you run on your bike? In all your on track vids it looks like your fighting traction issues coming out of almost every corner. Is that just do to the sheer torque of the 1200 you think? Or just tires maybe? Looks like a blast for sure! I would love to come do one of these superstreet races for sure! Are there anymore this year or is that it for the season?
-Mick-

jbnwc
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Cool vids and nice save man! What tires do you run on your bike? In all your on track vids it looks like your fighting traction issues coming out of almost every corner. Is that just do to the sheer torque of the 1200 you think? Or just tires maybe? Looks like a blast for sure! I would love to come do one of these superstreet races for sure! Are there anymore this year or is that it for the season?
-Mick-

At PPIR I was running a Med-Soft Power Race, but I'm pretty sure the only reason it slipped on the warmup was because I didn't have enough heat in it.

That said, the 12R has little trouble getting a bit of spin out of the Power Race even when they are hot.

I did my first race at HPR this spring on Pilot Pures and the rear was no match for this bike. It was spinning anywhere and everywhere. There was a huge difference between the Pures and the Power Race tires. For example, coming out of turn 11 at HPR(going up towards the chicane) the Pures would spin the whole way up the hill whereas the Race's would just grip and go.

PPIR was the last race this year, but you should definitely try it next year.