PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Track Screws Racers (I will never go back)

Husky
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Well after my win at the Pueblo track on 9/9 and 9/11 there was a payout to be given to the winner. When I inquired that day they did not have a check or cash on hand to pay me (they also did not have a trophy or anything else for winning either race) Kinda disapointed I said ok and they said they would mail me the check.

I sent them a email on 9/16 and they said they would mail out the check on 9/19. Tried to call them today and sent a email. The number is no longer answered as the track is closed for the season and got no response to my email.

All I can say is what a chicken shit outfit Pueblo Drag strip is to have to screw racers out of the small winnings they manage to earn throughout the season.

GuitarX
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Small Claims Court?

Hibs
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 09:12 PM
wow that's not cool.

Graphite675
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Was it actually "The Track" or a promoter that rented the track for the event? Thought the track was owned by the city and rented out?

BlueRanger
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 12:46 AM
^ Figure that out, post the information and lets start bumping. Word of mouth is scary! :poo:

Husky
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Was it actually "The Track" or a promoter that rented the track for the event? Thought the track was owned by the city and rented out?

Thanks for the support guys, It was actually the Track that is owned by the city. I had gone as far as contacting the so called track manager Jason Albany with no luck on any resolution.

jbnwc
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I've heard Jason is... less than a stellar guy.

Husky
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Well, I actually met Jason down there and he seemed like a nice enough guy but I guess I was wrong. Oh, well as much as this sucks what are you gonna do? Guess just move on and race another time and another place.

Ghost
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Well, I actually met Jason down there and he seemed like a nice enough guy but I guess I was wrong. Oh, well as much as this sucks what are you gonna do? Guess just move on and race another time and another place.

Dude, don't give up yet. Keep pestering them until you get your money, you won it, it's yours!

Sleev
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
call Tom Martinooo!!

(snickers)

Husky
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Dude, don't give up yet. Keep pestering them until you get your money, you won it, it's yours!

Thanks, I will make a few more calls/emails etc and hope they decide to do the right thing. Most racers know that you arent going to get rich doing this so we all do it for the fun and a occassional trophy and small pay out and when a track doesnt uphold their end to even come through with that, it just sucks. Honesly I would have rather had some cheap plastic trophy to set in my garage vs the pay out but, I'll take whatever I can.

Thanks for the advice.

TFOGGuys
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
call Tom Martinooo!!

(snickers)

Why? He's broke too...http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/images/smilies/anim_lol.gif

usmcab35
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:16 PM

+1 million!! not only cause you deserve what ever you were supposed to get but it will make him think twice about trying to pull this on someone else..

Husky
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
+1 million!! not only cause you deserve what ever you were supposed to get but it will make him think twice about trying to pull this on someone else..

Very good point. I would hate to see someone else have to go through this bullshit. What really sucks that not more than a few weeks prior to this happening, I was on here praising what a great place this was, well we'll see how it turns out. I'll keep you guys posted.

gsxridiot
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
thats good advise

yup, stay on them
if they advertised a purse then they are legally obligated to pay it out

total bullshit, nearly impossible for a privateer to finance his dream from winnings-thats a given

but you definitly deserve some form of recognition of achievment wether it be $$$ or a stupid plastic trophy, especially when they told you that was what you would get!

for what its worth, way to kick some ass down the strip!:cheers:

please keep us updated with any progress

Husky
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 06:38 PM
thats good advise

yup, stay on them
if they advertised a purse then they are legally obligated to pay it out

total bullshit, nearly impossible for a privateer to finance his dream from winnings-thats a given

but you definitly deserve some form of recognition of achievment wether it be $$$ or a stupid plastic trophy, especially when they told you that was what you would get!

for what its worth, way to kick some ass down the strip!:cheers:

please keep us updated with any progress

Thanks, I've already been receiving some personal hate mail for making this posting on this and some other drag race sites telling me that they are addressing the matter and to remove my posts as they are in poor taste. You gotta wonder about some people. Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

DRKATO1
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Addressing the the problem is as simple as writing a check; problem solved.

They are avoiding the matter and should be punished.

Don't give up and good luck.

Husky
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 03:24 AM

Here is a copy of the reply I got from the Pueblo Track rep.

Remove post?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you please consider removing this post since I've addressed your issue on CRN?

It's your call but considering it's just a huge misunderstanding I think it is in poor taste to leave it up.

Thanks,
~Tamora~

gsxridiot
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 05:54 AM
tell him you will consider removing the post when they consider cutting the check

BlueRanger
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 11:22 AM

tell him you will consider removing the post when they consider cutting the check

Yeah, I agree ^

If posting on forums and word of mouth is as powerful as I initially thought it would be (which seems to be the case) this will make sure they don't think about delaying the process or ignoring the issue. Bump!

brennahm
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 11:25 AM
How did they "address" it on CRN? Link?

BlueRanger
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 11:45 AM
http://forums.coloradoracing.net/index.php?/topic/130771-pueblo-drag-strip-screws-racers/page__pid__929083#entry929083

It seems they are poorly organized.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Sounds like they are trying to resolve this based on what they posted on CRN

brennahm
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hope this works out!

Slo
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Yeah looks like it was a situation out of their control, but will likely get it resolved. Sucks you had to go through this, hopefully City of Pueblo straightens it out.

The staff at PMP have always been good with me in the past back in 07-08.

Nooch
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Its in poor taste to post up that they failed to deliver on what you earned??? The only way they might POSSIBLY have any ground to stand on is if theres some fine print somewhere that says "please allow x-x weeks/months for delivery of winnings". Sounds like they're just butthurt for getting called out publicly and that others are actually crying foul in response! +1 for not giving up!!!

Sleev
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 12:45 PM
y, just leave the posts up til you get your check. Then at least you can post if they resolve the issue. People should know if things like this are going on. Then you can pos

Husky
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 04:51 PM
How did they "address" it on CRN? Link?

They replied to my posts indicating they would take care of this and sent me some pm's that this was all a huge misunderstanding. While I appreciate them acknowledging the problem I dont much care for the B.S. line that this was a misunderstanding, give me a break they should save that line for when they are running for some political office. Guess, we'll see if they come through.

Husky
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Its in poor taste to post up that they failed to deliver on what you earned??? The only way they might POSSIBLY have any ground to stand on is if theres some fine print somewhere that says "please allow x-x weeks/months for delivery of winnings". Sounds like they're just butthurt for getting called out publicly and that others are actually crying foul in response! +1 for not giving up!!!

Thanks, I appreciate the support. You wouldnt believe all the hate mail I been getting since this post, oh well, sometimes you just gotta stand up for what right.

rforsythe
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 05:05 PM
They replied to my posts indicating they would take care of this and sent me some pm's that this was all a huge misunderstanding. While I appreciate them acknowledging the problem I dont much care for the B.S. line that this was a misunderstanding, give me a break they should save that line for when they are running for some political office. Guess, we'll see if they come through.

Perhaps they misunderstood that you actually wanted your money? :dunno:

Husky
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Perhaps they misunderstood that you actually wanted your money? :dunno:

LoL, no shit that must be what all the confusion is about. Sure is funny how when you call out a public/gov. place and bring their bullshit to the publics attention they scurry to cover up their BS with more BS

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Sick em husky. The CSC has your back!

Husky
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Sick em husky. The CSC has your back!

Good advise Doctor and thanks for the support.

Husky
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
In conclustion to my post and to be fair to the Pueble Drag Strip, I wanted to let everyone know that I did receive a check for my winnings today. I guess, holding my breath, stomping my feet etc. finally worked.

skeezbox
Tue Mar 27th, 2012, 03:18 PM
thumbup!