PDA

View Full Version : Got Clipped by a Bus

Vellos
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:59 PM
My leg hurts.

Wrider
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Well that'll teach you to lane split in a bus station now won't it?
In all seriousness sorry to hear that. What happened? You alright?

Vellos
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Was getting ready to pull out of my parking spot at CU while a bus on the road behind me made a turn and its back end swung out and hit my tail. ~$600!

grim
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Did the bus pull over right away?

Vellos
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Nope. Had to go find him.

grim
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:37 PM
What a dick.. I'm assuming RTD or the city is going to pay for your bike?

Vellos
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:48 PM
:dunno:

It was a CU bus though.

Devaclis
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM
He was high

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 08:09 AM
What a dick.. I'm assuming RTD or the city is going to pay for your bike?

the driver wouldn't have even seen it or known.

bornwildnfree
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Did you get his name first? Is he going to buy you dinner? Oh...you mean you actually got hit by a real bus. That sucks.

Sean
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Saw your bike at lunch yesterday. That's a tricky spot to back out of, a lot of cars/buses from all angles. Hope the legs okay.

I'm not sure that it is CU-Boulder/RTD's fault. If the bus was already in motion (I'm assuming turning left after that stop sign) then Vellos may have backed out preemptively?

Nooch
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 09:35 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hdlxQSJvoIc/Rqfs1dLttyI/AAAAAAAAAQw/6fu_nXR9ycw/s400/Simpsons_Otto_Mann.png

Vellos
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Saw your bike at lunch yesterday. That's a tricky spot to back out of, a lot of cars/buses from all angles. Hope the legs okay.

I'm not sure that it is CU-Boulder/RTD's fault. If the bus was already in motion (I'm assuming turning left after that stop sign) then Vellos may have backed out preemptively?

I was a nudge out before the bus came up to the intersection and I didn't move throughout. I always nudge out so cars will let me in, and the bus driver acknowledged that he saw me there. If I was just parked at the edge of the space and not even on the bike he would have hit it.

Sean
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I was a nudge out before the bus came up to the intersection and I didn't move throughout. I always nudge out so cars will let me in, and the bus driver acknowledged that he saw me there. If I was just parked at the edge of the space and not even on the bike he would have hit it.I have no doubt that the driver was probably way to the left and driving incorrectly, I've seen it many times at that intersection. That's why I always have one of my tires touching the curb in that lot. But I don't think just cause you were nudged out and the driver acknowledged you, that you had the right of way.

I hope that the situation works out in your favor, that your leg is okay and everything goes smoothly, I'm just trying to offer a practical perspective on the situation. Hopefully they'll work with you and there won't be any issues, just don't be to surprised if they tell you to go fly a kite. Transportation companies can be dicks like that.

deadline
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Did you get his name first? Is he going to buy you dinner?

He got hit by the bus. They didn't sleep together...

mdub
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 10:52 AM
He was high

Re: Got Clipped by a Bus
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hdlxQSJvoIc/Rqfs1dLttyI/AAAAAAAAAQw/6fu_nXR9ycw/s400/Simpsons_Otto_Mann.png

awh beat me to it......Otto must get blotto....

mdub
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM

ROR

Spooph
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear that Vellos! You're just having an aweful run of luck this season, aren't ya... We'll have to get drunk some time and commiserate...

bornwildnfree
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM

uh huh...sure they didn't.

Vellos
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I do have a witness in my favor. And when I caught up to the driver and asked for his information (name, supervisor, and contact number specifically) he gave me a piece of paper with a name and number, which turned out when I got home (post-fizzled) to just say "transportation 303-492-71152".

bornwildnfree
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 12:10 PM
You have a witness that says you did get "hit" by the bus LMAO. That's good that someone came forward and will help you out. Still a shitty situation though.

deadline
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
ROR

ROR - Rules Of the Road??

Ghost
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM

http://i53.tinypic.com/1p6sky.jpg

mdub
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 12:28 PM

nah I got it from Mutha Goooooossseee last nite.....Raff out Rouuudd...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear it, best of luck getting it all fixed. The bus driver should know where ALL the corners of his bus are.

Sean
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Saw your bike out there today and it looked pretty good. Did everything work out?