PDA

View Full Version : It's Time for Thrill Hill to Chill!

Thrill Hill
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I got a Reckless Driving ticket about 2 miles up Bear Creek canyon from Morrison. The motorcycle cop saw me and another rider exit off 470 and pull into MOCO. Then followed us through Morrison and into the canyon. We weren't aware he was behind us until we got stuck behind a car and I made the stupid decision to pass on a double yellow. I quickly realized that it was a State Trooper on that gray sport touring bike that somehow caught up to us. Busted. The officer was cool and professional. Unfortunately the other rider waited for me a few miles up the canyon. After the cop wrote me a ticket he drove up the canyon, saw the other rider parked at the post office and gave him a $250 speeding ticket. It's definitely time for me to chill out. "Sweeper time"

Sully
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Do you mean Bear Creek? He gave you a Reckless driving ticket for passing on a double yellow?? :wtf:

Nooch
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM
He gave you a Reckless driving ticket for passing on a double yellow??

+1 :think:

BC14
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I got a Reckless Driving ticket about 2 miles up Deer Creek canyon from Morrison. The motorcycle cop saw me and another rider exit off 470 and pull into MOCO. Then followed us through Morrison and into the canyon. We weren't aware he was behind us until we got stuck behind a car and I made the stupid decision to pass on a double yellow. I quickly realized that it was a State Patrol officer on that gray sport touring bike that somehow caught up to us. Busted. The officer was cool and professional. Unfortunately the other rider waited for me a few miles up the canyon. After the cop wrote me a ticket he drove up the canyon, saw the other rider parked at the post office and gave him a $250 speeding ticket. It's definitely time for me to chill out. "Sweeper time"
It's a fast bike...... Don't ask how I know
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_JK7SjNx9MLk/TI5KogiTv1I/AAAAAAAAAYc/A_aOb2H9i5s/CSP_left.jpg

Sean
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM
It's a fast bike...... Don't ask how I know
How do you know?

BC14
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
How do you know?
Perhaps the same bike? :p

UglyDogRacing
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:11 PM
And they are going to be catching you even faster in the near future. We're going to be training the CSP riders on the Kawi Concours sometime soon.

usmcab35
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Perhaps the same bike? :p

:pointlaugh::pointlaugh::pointlaugh:
as in exact same? 8)

mdub
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM
you have to keep your eyes peeled for the cops. especially towards the end of the month....

BC14
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM
And they are going to be catching you even faster in the near future. We're going to be training the CSP riders on the Kawi Concours sometime soon.
Yeah, it's a good platform for 5-0. I've seen a few in person myself.

BC14
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
:pointlaugh::pointlaugh::pointlaugh:
as in exact same? 8)
Mayhaps

usmcab35
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Mayhaps

:pointlaugh:

BC14
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Back on topic. Sorry you got hit bud, but they've been hitting that area pretty hard this year.

Jesterbass21
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I saw one of those in foco yesterday sweet looking but couldnt tell it was a cop

Thrill Hill
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Do you mean Bear Creek? He gave you a Reckless driving ticket for passing on a double yellow?? :wtf:
Yes, Bear Creek... a couple of miles up from the first left-hand turn. He said we were doing 60 mph in there. I don't think Casey Stoner can do 60 mph through those first few sets of turns! It was either a Reckless Driving ticket or 3 or 4 other violations combined.

madvlad
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear about that man, cops are getting sneaky now days which is why I always chill and ride a decent pace... not worth it.

mastap07
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear about that man, cops are getting sneaky now days which is why I always chill and ride a decent pace... not worth it.

BS! your just too scared because your new yamaha has a lot more cajones than your old jizzer i mean gsxr 8)

Thrill Hill
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:56 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_JK7SjNx9MLk/TI5KogiTv1I/AAAAAAAAAYc/A_aOb2H9i5s/CSP_left.jpgBC14...

Yep, that's the one. If it was a Patrol Car or one of the White BMW's touring bikes I probably would have noticed it. What bothers me is the fact that he saw us exiting 470, watched us fuel up, then followed us in the distance and waited for one of us to do something stupid. It's something to think about the next time anyone goes to MOCO to meet up.

mastap07
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 04:57 PM
good lookin out! i wouldnt have noticed at first....

Thrill Hill
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have any legal advice? or what I should expect on my court date? I've only had one speeding ticket in the last 24 months. Any idea's what the fine will be? Reckless driving = 8 points.

Bueller
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
They will likely drop it to careless and 4pts Goto the initial hearing and the DA will make you the offer.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 10:32 PM
:321:

FZRguy
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:53 AM
How did he determine your speed (radar, pace, WAG)?

Ricky
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah, 8 point with one ticket in the past 2 yrs will get you down to 4 point careless. Unless the other ticket is careless or reckless.

Sully
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Is this ticket a mandatory court appearance??

Jmetz
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Does anyone have any legal advice? or what I should expect on my court date? I've only had one speeding ticket in the last 24 months. Any idea's what the fine will be? Reckless driving = 8 points.

Buy a jar of vaseline and lube sphincter thoroughly.

asp_125
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Get caught doing something stupid, pay the piper. End of story.

This thread is one of the rare times I root for continuing sales of Harley Davidsons to police packages. Don't give them the BMWs and C14s :D

Thrill Hill
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Is this ticket a mandatory court appearance??
Yes, it's a mandatory court appearance.. It's at the end of November, so I have to chill for the rest of the riding season :turtle:.

mastap07
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 07:38 PM
riding season never ends! :D just gets a little colder :cold:

mdub
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM
riding season never ends! :D just gets a little colder :cold:

right....besides warm gloves a neck warmer it keeps the wind out.....

Clovis
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 08:16 PM
More then likely it will be reduced to a 4pt careless driving and a $300 fine plus court cost.

dhearkt
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 01:09 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_JK7SjNx9MLk/TI5KogiTv1I/AAAAAAAAAYc/A_aOb2H9i5s/CSP_left.jpgBC14...

Yep, that's the one. If it was a Patrol Car or one of the White BMW's touring bikes I probably would have noticed it. What bothers me is the fact that he saw us exiting 470, watched us fuel up, then followed us in the distance and waited for one of us to do something stupid. It's something to think about the next time anyone goes to MOCO to meet up.

if he was ahead of you and both of you present the same info in court , it's entrapment, as he was initially ahead of your position , not on break but duty then traveled in excess of 10 miles from his current posting , into a zone where he would knowingly stop you , is stalking with intent to trap, whether his machine mach noticeable or not ,,, he willingly pursued you with the intent to ticket you,,
crossing the double yellow , that was you , however, his initial reason for pursuit was prejudice upon you and a fellow rider being on sport bikes ..
as for your buddy getting a ticket .. if he was on the side of the road waiting , and the officer then approached and issued a summons , it is invalid because the officer had lost the right of pursuit for the situation after stopping you and had no immediate grounds ..
i been around that block a few times , i can give some other advice on beating all of it , but yours will be more difficult to beat than the other riders... question, did the officer remove his helmet when he approached either of you ??? if so , out of uniform means invalid approach and issuance of summons..

grim
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 01:14 PM
if he was ahead of you and both of you present the same info in court , it's entrapment, as he was initially ahead of your position , not on break but duty then traveled in excess of 10 miles from his current posting , into a zone where he would knowingly stop you , is stalking with intent to trap, whether his machine mach noticeable or not ,,, he willingly pursued you with the intent to ticket you,,
crossing the double yellow , that was you , however, his initial reason for pursuit was prejudice upon you and a fellow rider being on sport bikes ..
as for your buddy getting a ticket .. if he was on the side of the road waiting , and the officer then approached and issued a summons , it is invalid because the officer had lost the right of pursuit for the situation after stopping you and had no immediate grounds ..
i been around that block a few times , i can give some other advice on beating all of it , but yours will be more difficult to beat than the other riders... question, did the officer remove his helmet when he approached either of you ??? if so , out of uniform means invalid approach and issuance of summons..

Holy fuck where did you come from?

FZRguy
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I agree with dhearkt, esp. in the case of the rider waiting up the road.

Titus
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Advice: Always get a traffic lawyer for a ticket this severe. Even if it's pled down to 4pts, you don't want that on your record.

I have pre-paid legal. They're worth their weight in gold!

Ezzzzy1
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 11:07 PM

If you are looking for a part-time gig you could probably make a killing defending the CSC :lol:

Thrill Hill
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 01:42 AM

The officer caught up to us within 10 miles of MOCO. I'm assuming he was planing on writing both of us a speeding ticket, since he wrote the other rider one for doing 60 in a 40. He said he clocked us with a combination of his speedometer and radar gun. If he used the radar gun, he somehow held that gun with his right hand and steered the Kawi with the other. Pretty impressive in the first few sets of turns.

The other rider has a better case than I do. BTW, the officer made him "fix" his license plate at the scene. He said he couldn't see it.

To answer your other question. The officer kept his helmet on at all times.

Thrill Hill
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 01:48 AM
Advice: Always get a traffic lawyer for a ticket this severe. Even if it's pled down to 4pts, you don't want that on your record.

I have pre-paid legal. They're worth their weight in gold!

Do you really think I should hire an Attorney for this?

Clovis
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 07:26 AM
No. Not until after your first appearance. See what the plea is. If you don't like it, then look at an atty.

vtr100fguy
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 07:35 AM
NO BUENO sorry to hear they got ya buddy i think im going to leave mine parked for the season been seeing alot of 5 o out there. your ticket will get dropped to a lesser charge but its till going to hit the pocket book.

vtr100fguy
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 07:43 AM
:poo:dang that makes me not want to go for a ride today I was lookn to too

cbrjohnny
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
evergreen people (californians) are probably tired of sport bikes by this time of year and requesting some patrols up there may not be the best canyon to run these days.

Thrill Hill
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM
:poo:dang that makes me not want to go for a ride today I was lookn to too
Don't let my story stop you from riding this weekend. I suggest staying away from MOCO. The officer said they were getting alot of complaints involving motorcycles in Bear Creek canyon. If u decide to meet up there. Take an extra minute to look around before you leave. Keep an eye on your 6 before entering the canyon. Above all, DON'T do anything stupid in front of an Officer!

Clovis
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Jkol and I went out today and stayed well below our usual pace. Mainly due to traffic but we also saw quite a lot of LEO out.