PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting on parts

Speedfix
Wed Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:31 PM
Damm that Grand Pricks Motorsports. I have had a water pump on order from them for a month now. Can't ride till it gets here. Hell I would have ordered it elsewhere if they would have told me "They Suck" when I ordered it. :lol: Has anyone else had a problem here before?

Anonymous
Wed Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:42 PM
GPM? Yeah I've had bad run-ins with their service shop before.

Can you cancel it? If so go order it from Ron Ayers, www.ronayers.com. It'll probably be cheaper anyway.

haywood jablome
Wed Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:01 PM
call Chip at ron Ayers www.ronayers.com hell hook you up!!! Get parts FAST let me know how Ron Ayers turns out. Fug GPM

Mel
Wed Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:55 PM
Hmmmm, glad I read this, I was about to place an order for a thermostat. I will check the above link as well and maybe get lucky. I have been told this is a dealer only item (it is a freaking thermostat).

Anonymous
Wed Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:00 PM
Ron Ayers is a dealer, they are also the cheapest place for OEM parts you will find (unless you have a big hookup locally, but those are few and far between). Their website should have the part number searchable for whatever you want.

Yeah I can see a thermostat being OEM only, it's not like a car motor where you can go to NAPA and get a generic replacement, bike stuff seems to be a lot more specialized.

Hoopty
Thu Sep 4th, 2003, 08:25 AM
GPM sucks the sweat off my ballz! :x I only go there for piddly shit. Their sales and service SUCK!!!! :321:

Vance
Thu Sep 4th, 2003, 08:40 AM
GPM sucks the sweat off my ballz! :x I only go there for piddly shit. Their sales and service SUCK!!!! :321:

Tell me about it --- I went there a year ago when I was shopping for a bike - they had a used RC51 there - $7000. They wouldn't negotiate on the price at all (and this was like the last day of the month mind you when I'm sure sales figures needed to be met), they wouldn't let me test ride even with a credit card for deposit EVEN though I was a serious probable buyer, AND the best part is... the bike WAS STILL there as of about a month ago when I swung by there to pick up a brochure on the Gixxer1000 for a friend... sitting there gathering dust... STILL at the same price. Yeah... REAL good way to move your inventory and treat potential customers there GPM boys. Real good.

Hoopty
Thu Sep 4th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Are you talking about that high mileage RC? That thing was sitting there forever, it prolly still is!!! :slap: Alot of their used bikes have been sitting there for a year +. They had an old Bandit 400 there that I was looking at for some friends, that thing was priced too high and was there at least a year. Last time I was in it was gone though; somebody must have stole it! :lol:

Vance
Thu Sep 4th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Are you talking about that high mileage RC?

That was the one... like 23,000 or 32,000 or something mi? Seemed ridiculously high price for a 2K RC with that milage... but... this is GPM we're talking about here. :lol:

Vance
Thu Sep 4th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Secondary thought... or nightmare...
What if Fey Fuckyouovers hooked up with Grand Sux Motorpricks in a merger of marketing, minds, and staff???

In a frankenstein-esque nightmare --- you'd probably have the single largest dealer in the region who do NOTHING for the customer but ignore them and screw over the naive ones carrying every make and model of sportbike save maybe Triumph and Bimota (and I'm sure they'd go after those too so they can market themselves as "the most complete dealer in the nation" or some shit like that).

Hell --- they'd make Colorado Powersports look like freaking Better Business Bureau Customer Service Award of The Year award winners.
:lol:

Mel
Fri Sep 5th, 2003, 10:00 AM
So basically everything around here sux ass. Fay is too high prices, and grand prix can't get shit for you. I have not dealt with Colorado powersports in terms of my bike, but one of the guys down there, many years ago, tried to hit on me, but more like force himself on me. I was 19 and he was, like, 40. Have not stepped foot in there again, needless to say. Is there anywhere locally worth a shit for dealer-only type parts (Suzuki specifially)?

towneh
Fri Sep 5th, 2003, 10:13 AM
hi there purpgixr,
when i lived in the Springs (i.e. Colorado Springs...), i was usually satisfied in my dealings with Apex. if they're not too far for you you might want to give them a try
-parts and service from 94 thru 98- :)
henry

Anonymous
Fri Sep 5th, 2003, 11:25 AM
So basically everything around here sux ass. Fay is too high prices, and grand prix can't get shit for you. I have not dealt with Colorado powersports in terms of my bike, but one of the guys down there, many years ago, tried to hit on me, but more like force himself on me. I was 19 and he was, like, 40. Have not stepped foot in there again, needless to say. Is there anywhere locally worth a shit for dealer-only type parts (Suzuki specifially)?

No. Not really. However places like Ron Ayers and others really understand they need to take care of the customer and price things cheaper; you'll likely have to order the parts anyway and RA will get them to you faster than Fay, believe it or not. Call them up, ask for Chip, tell him Ralph with Team Skinny sent you, he will take care of you.

Hoopty
Fri Sep 5th, 2003, 11:28 AM

No. Not really. However places like Ron Ayers and others really understand they need to take care of the customer and price things cheaper; you'll likely have to order the parts anyway and RA will get them to you faster than Fay, believe it or not. Call them up, ask for Chip, tell him Ralph with Team Skinny sent you, he will take care of you.

So basically everything around here sux ass. :D

Anonymous
Fri Sep 5th, 2003, 11:39 AM

So basically everything around here sux ass. :D

Even you, from what I hear! :o

Mel
Fri Sep 5th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Ok, Ralph, would you suggest calling over e-mail? I checked on their website search for oem parts, and the oldest they list for suzuki is a 98, mine is a 97 so I will have to contact them.

Anonymous
Fri Sep 5th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Yes, call and talk to Chip. :)

Mel
Fri Sep 5th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Cool, I will probably call and check price and availability, then make sure house pmyt clears before I go spend more $$ :oops: