PDA

View Full Version : Route Suggestions for E-NE Side of the City

CraigB
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know of good rural-ish routes East or Northeast of the city? I've been a motorcycle owner for about 4 weeks now and, of course, I want to get out and ride as much as possible. But, because I live in the uptown/City Park area, heading west after work means burning a lot of daylight sitting in rush hour traffic.

If there was some way to easily escape toward the plains and get onto some fun roads, it would be awesome to know about.

Thanks,
Craig

Ricky
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
If you like to turn, keep heading west. If you like going straight, head east :p

Slo
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I live by DIA and don't know of any good roads this way, sorry.

CraigB
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM
If you like to turn, keep heading west. If you like going straight, head east :p

haha, that's what i was afraid of. having grown up in the midwest and east, it's hard to believe there are no winding roads to be found on the east side of the metro area.

er, it's not actually hard to believe. i just don't want to.

Sully
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I live by DIA and don't know of any good roads this way, sorry.

There are a few fun ones around DTC that you can hit up during the colder months when the foothills have snow and sand... but I'm not telling you where they are....muahhahahahahahah :devil2: :D :p

Yeah.. head West... take 6th avenue to Golden / Golden Gate Canyon / Coal Creek, etc. :)

Ricky
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I'd say the only fun road in the NE, and it's shitty cause it's in town and has traffic and such, is Riverdale Road. It's a nice fun curvy jaunt that's in town-ish.

Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I'd say the only fun road in the NE, and it's shitty cause it's in town and has traffic and such, is Riverdale Road. It's a nice fun curvy jaunt that's in town-ish.

+1 but it gets old fast

Bueller
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:26 PM
The only fun pavement out east I know of is HPR. ;)

birchyboy
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
You can always get on South Parker Road and head down towards the Springs. There are couple nice roads that go for SPR into Castle Rock. Not as entertaining as the mountains but still scenic and closer.

CraigB
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:40 PM
There are a few fun ones around DTC that you can hit up during the colder months when the foothills have snow and sand... but I'm not telling you where they are....muahhahahahahahah :devil2: :D :p

Yeah.. head West... take 6th avenue to Golden / Golden Gate Canyon / Coal Creek, etc. :)

ah, yes, i know those roads from my bicycle racing days. i'm glad you reminded me. the question is, am I going to tell others about them and bring the crowds your way. :devil1:

Slo
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM
ah, yes, i know those roads from my bicycle racing days. i'm glad you reminded me. the question is, am I going to tell others about them and bring the crowds your way. :devil1:

Tell her your gonna bring Slo around those roads :devil1:

Sully
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Highly unlikely that you would share the secret :angel: ;)

CraigB
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Highly unlikely that you would share the secret :angel: ;)

my bluff has been called