PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED!! - Stolen Truck in Colorado Springs

The Black Knight
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone, my good friend had his truck stolen sometime around 3:30am this morning. Be on the look out for it and if you see it call CSPD. It's a White 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 single cab, with a big black brush guard on the front. Has some damage/dents to upper part of the bed near the tailgate. Should have had a pintle hitch on it as well, has a black in bed tool box and black headache rack on the back with tail lights in it.

It's the one pictured below and the truck looks like this hasn't been changed. It was taken a few weeks ago when we were archery hunting

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/473/39miletrip7.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/39miletrip7.jpg/)

The Black Knight
Sun Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Quick update:

truck is still in one piece, the front bumper/brush guard, tool box and the headache rack have all been removed. Wheels, pintle lock are still on the truck. Truck is very recognizable as the distinct open front end of the bumper missing gives it away.

If anyone sees this truck report it to CSPD ASAP!. Last seen in the Old Colorado City part of town between Uintah and Colorado and 19th through 21st streets. However, truck was seen around the Union and Fillmore area in several spots.

Driver had on a red baseball cap(wore it both front and reversed on the different times seen) with a flat bill and turned up on the end of the bill. Was wearing a white longsleeve shirt and has long dirty blonde hair(was pulled back in a pony tail). Height roughly 5'8ish. Passenger very small tweaker looking guy. Dark brown very stringy hair semi long(shoulder length), was wearing a wife beater and was covered in tats..

Truck also has fake "temp" license plate on it with just numbers written, it is not a real temp tag.

bornwildnfree
Sun Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:21 PM
That sucks. I hope your friend gets his truck back.

The Black Knight
Sun Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
That sucks. I hope your friend gets his truck back.
I wish I could post more details, other than to say. We almost had it today.. :(

The Black Knight
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 11:26 PM
UPDATE!!

Truck has been recovered!! Only its seen better days. Long story short, it was found abandoned here in the Springs behind the area of Fargo's restaurant. Also word is from CSPD is the punks have been arrested on other charges and were linked to the truck.

Clovis
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Should I get the rope?

The Black Knight
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Should I get the rope?
Man I wish, would love to string up these dickheads. Suffice to say, had we gotten on hands on them the day we chased them. There may have been some street justice going down on the spot LOL!!

At least my friend got his rig back and he can start the rebuilding process of putting her back together. From what he tells me the inside was a little trashed(he's going to need a new seat, and a few other things). They yanked his good batteries and messed with the intake tube. He'll be taking it to Dodge for an estimate and diagnostics to see what/if anything's wrong with it. It's throwing a code at the moment and a warning light is on in the dash. Truck's running a little weird, who knows what these tweakers did to it.

Oh and I recommended that he burn the interior out of the truck. Cops said they found some needles inside. Looks like the junkies were getting high while crusin in the truck.

On a side note: he did get a new set of wheels on the truck. Apparently in an attempt to disguise the vehicle the put some different wheels and tires. So he got better wheels but lost his good mud & snow tires he had on it.

Wrider
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Glad he got it back, but sorry to hear it's been trashed like that... I second the burning of the interior and getting a whole new one.

Scatterbrain
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Glad he got it back but that's still a horrible thing to go thru. Even if it was for only a while, having to call your insurance and get shit fixed is just a PIA.

modette99
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Too bad they don't let us hang thieves on the spot in this country. I don't understand why not, especially if its obvious (like caught in vehicle).

The Black Knight
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Glad he got it back but that's still a horrible thing to go thru. Even if it was for only a while, having to call your insurance and get shit fixed is just a PIA.
Yeah now he has to start the whole process over so to speak. Changing the insurance claim from stolen to damaged/vandalized. But I would think the insurance company would move a little quicker in this regard, now that the vehicle is back. Now it's just a matter of getting the damaged parts fixed and getting him back on the road.

Sean
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 07:13 AM
Awesome that he got the truck back! :up:

McVaaahhh
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 09:42 AM
Oh and I recommended that he burn the interior out of the truck. Cops said they found some needles inside. Looks like the junkies were getting high while crusin in the truck.

That is really scary. My wife's uncle got his Excursion stolen several years ago. When he got it back it was trashed and while cleaning it out he got poked by a needle. Fortunately he didn't catch anything but he did have to go through all the HIV, Hep, etc tests for months. :shock:

Glad he got his ride back though!

grim
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 09:45 AM
That is really scary. My wife's uncle got his Excursion stolen several years ago. When he got it back it was trashed and while cleaning it out he got poked by a needle. Fortunately he didn't catch anything but he did have to go through all the HIV, Hep, etc tests for months. :shock:

Glad he got his ride back though!

That would scare the shit out of me!!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Stolen and throwing codes. Wonder how many times the tweakers bounced it off the red-line? attempted 4wd burnouts on pavement?

it's probably too bad for your buddy they didn't drive it off a cliff (while still in cab of course).