PDA

View Full Version : False: "There are no good cops left"

tecknojoe
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Funny how we talked about this last night at the meetup, and today I get pulled over on my R6 for the first time ever (my third season riding now).

Cliff notes: I was respectful, did not act like I had some stupid sense of entitlement, and I ended up not getting a ticket because the officer gave me a brake.

My brother and I headed out to Golden and hit the canyons on my R6 and his MV. It was intermediate pace, which I usually don't do, but every once in a while I'm fine with it.

We got into the state park area, and passed an officer. The road could have easily been 45mph but was actually 35. We were not doing either of those speeds. We both knew he pulled behind us and were expecting to get pulled.

He initiates the stop, but my brother couldn't tell because he didnt have mirrors. I pull over, and the cop continues on to get my brother(may have thought he was getting ready to run). He blips the siren and my bro pulls over. I pull back about 50 ft and stop on a side road, in plain sight to the officer so that he didn't think I was trying to leave. Another cop comes up behind me.

So he says to me "good afternoon. Now I don't know what's really goin on here". I explain, "Oh I just wanted to get off the main road and out of the way. As you can see, I made sure I stayed within view of the officer so that he didnt think I took off on him". As I hand him my VALID license, registration, and insurance. He says "Ah ah ok I see now, well thank you for that. You probably just saved yourself a ticket". I smile and thanked him as he walks to his car. When he comes back, I speak first and say "squeeky clean right?" (duh, having a clear record and valid bike makes it SO much better). He said yea no problems. He told me the speed he clocked us at and that we need to just take it a little easy. He said he understood we were just out enjoying our bikes but to be safe. I thanked him and we wished each other a pleasant afternoon.

Same story for my brother, clean record, no bullshit, no ticket.

I deserved a ticket in that situation, no denying that. It wasn't right that I didn't get charged, so it was lucky. The police knew that we were probably going to ride chill for the rest of the day after that, and we did.

I'm not saying all cops have discression like these two did, but I've talked to police many a time in my shithead teenager days, and this is a very NORMAL experience. (my officer was P. Stanton with Gilpin County)

Treat them exactly the same as you would treat a biker that came up to you in a parking lot. You're both adults, just show him that you're a respectful, and responsible person.

For the record, my license plate isn't mounted perfectly either, Jester :scatter:

laspariahs
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 03:55 PM
So he's a good cop because you didn't get a ticket? It's also break not brake.

Jmetz
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
I haven't been pulled over on my bike but have received many a speeding ticket in my cage. I'd say with 90% of my encounters the police have been nice and I've even joked with them. Still got the tickets but they were courteous.

I just got one a couple weeks ago and had my Chihuahua in the front seat. He was going ballistic and acting like he was gonna tear the cop to pieces. The officer chuckles and talks nice to my dog all while repeatedly apologizing to me for having to ticket me. We are wrapping things up and he asks me if my dog is always that protective, I smile and say nah he just doesn't like cops. The officer laughs pretty good, apologizes again, and we bid each other good day.

BlueRanger
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 04:05 PM
lol I'm the complete opposite. I've never been stopped driving my car but have received tickets on my bike. Can't complain, they're doing their job. Glad you didn't get a ticket.

tecknojoe
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 04:13 PM

the context we were using the phrase in last night was talking about how some people think cops are just out to fuck everyone. good is not a proper word. Nice would better describe it

gramer polise

Mother Goose
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Yes. The 2nd cop could have been a dick to him, and asked why he was running (which I've had happen before when I pulled off to wait for a friend). Sounds like he wasn't one of those power hungry cops that we've all encountered that try to find anything wrong, just to issue a ticket.

asp_125
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Was Stanton driving a white Dodge Ram? I got pulled over by a Gilpin sheriff last year. We were going downhill in the sweepers before Rollinsville. I thought the posted limit was 55 (it was 45) in that stretch. I see him pull a U-turn and come up to me (lead bike) so I pulled over. Same thing, respectful, having all the papers in order. He ran my plates and came back to me saying "I know we just paved this road and you guys look like you want to have some fun. I see you have your gear (full leathers) but take it easy on my shift. Here's my card and have a nice day." We clearly deserved a ticket but got off with warnings. (I think my salt and pepper hair helped, though)

BlueRanger
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND1JOU7JbLQ&feature=youtu.be (http://youtu.be/ND1JOU7JbLQ)

tecknojoe
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
salt and pepper hair

damn that stuff must be usefull

Yea it was a white truck (donno about ram but I never looked). Both of them had white trucks though, I imagine a lot of the guys from that unit have those.

But just about the same story so it's possible. Real nice guy. I thought cops are supposed to tow your bike and make you walk and give you a big attitude? :think:

Bueller
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 04:34 PM
Gilpin Co. Sheriff has pulled me over several times over the years and I have never gotten a ticket. I avoid P2p because of the excessively low speed limits. It is 45 the entire way as I was informed during one of the stops. They have always been pretty cool with me, just telling me to chill a bit. We even got yanked in '04 in a huge group where the leaders were dragging knee and some cages called us in. They checked paperwork on everyone and let us all go with a verbal warning.

Jesterbass21
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM
You're both adults, just show him that you're a respectful, and responsible person.

For the record, my license plate isn't mounted perfectly either, Jester :scatter:

Did the officer give you any shit about your plate being mounted incorrectly? he pulled you over for speeding right? something I wasn't doing lol

I understand that there are understanding cops out there I am just unfortunate enough to not run into them lol

stubbicatt
Sun Oct 2nd, 2011, 06:23 AM
Do not ever, repeat, EVER trust those guys. They are the Borg. Do not talk to them any more than necessary and know your rights as to when you are free to leave a consentual encounter. Never consent to anything. Do not speak.

Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut.

Spooph
Sun Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
Good on those cops! If only they weren't in such a minority...

Sean
Sun Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Always nice to hear of a good cop. The good ones get a lot less publicity. :up:

Darth Do'Urden
Mon Oct 10th, 2011, 05:19 PM
So he's a good cop because you didn't get a ticket?

Honestly not trying to start some crap...but yeah, based on the related story, I would go with "GOOD" not just "nice".

Cops are there to protect and serve. Speed limits are (supposed to be) set up to "protect" people in cars, as cars cannot navigate roads/traffic/conditions safely beyond a certain speed. Motorcycles merely get caught in the wash as "motor vehicles" even though they are clearly capable (even with a relatively new rider) of navigating roads safely at higher-than-posted speeds on a large majority of roads--it's simply the nature of this different beast we ride.

So when a police officer shows up that actually exhibits reason and logic over "letter of the law" nonsense, that makes them a "GOOD" cop. If hooligan hijinks and risky maneuvers are happening on public roads, then a "GOOD" cop will certainly issue a citation (or worse depending on how stupid the rider was being) in an effort to reduce the risky behavior and thereby increasing the safety factor.

Speed is not automatically unsafe. Poor and/or risky driving/riding for any given situation is unsafe.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut.
Best. Quote. EVER! :)

JDK1962
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Best. Quote. EVER! :)

Yep. That and "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth."

Slo
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Good story Joe, have met a few good apples along with a few bad ones myself. No bearing on whether I got a ticket or not.

Aaron
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Do not ever, repeat, EVER trust those guys. They are the Borg. Do not talk to them any more than necessary and know your rights as to when you are free to leave a consentual encounter. Never consent to anything. Do not speak.
Reading his post, there was nothing consensual about that encounter, and he wasn't free to leave until told he can leave. It's fine to know your rights, but be sure you know them well enough to not face 50,000 volts.

For the record, that was not a consensual encounter, and he was not free to leave.

kingtut
Wed Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:54 PM
A thread revival, yes. I don't feel my short blurb deserves its own thread/title. Though this is a similar topic and almost a year later- it seems most appropriate. Plus Joe likes seeing his name on the main page, so its a win-win.

Was riding south on Sante Fe tonight, towards C470. Probably going 65 (in a 45). Honestly, I didn't even realize I was speeding. Probably because it was starting to get chilly and I was cold as balls. I look to my right, just as I see the reflection of the white stripe on the Police car. Like always, right? I let off the throttle, and look in the mirror. Boom, there go the the lights. I'm like, "fuuu". Not 2 seconds later (as my heart is in my throat) they turn back off and he just stays put. (Phew).

Thank you Mr. Officer.

madvlad
Wed Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:03 PM
Gotta love those or when they pull out and come up behind you really fast and follow you for a few blocks and then take off or turn around to make your nuts go to your throat lol... Hate those situations!

06xbss
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 06:22 AM
We got into the state park area

This is why I never do more then 40mph through the state park. I tend to behave in Gilpin anyway, in a small county it pays to keep things civil with the local police.

Looks like they've been able to weed out most of the asshole cops in Gilpin County. Used to be, 10mph over while going through a sweeper would get you a reckless driving/speeding ticket.(no matter how nice/respectful you were to the cop)

P.S. All Gilpin County cops drive white dodge ram pickups, 6-8 marked and at least 1 unmarked.

#1Townie
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Haha damn near a year to the day. Lol.

Btw. FTP!!!!!!!!

tecknojoe
Thu Oct 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Happy 1 year anniversary 'good cop thread' :lol:

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Got the free pass myself from Weld County's finest last night.

Just about home, one nice little S-curve remaining. I saw the headlights turn on as I was accelerating toward the curve and new it would be LEO. Lucky for me he turned the lights on so soon or I would have been going faster.

I'll skip the play by play. The two interesting bits of the conversation were when one of the officers says, "I'll give ya a warning if you tell me how fast you were going." I immediately think 'trap'. And just respond that I wasn't paying attention, probably around 65.

They run all my stuff and come back with a verbal warning. Never did say what they got me at and I didn't ask. Then the officer starts explaining to the other about tucked plates and what to do when you see them. I run a fender eliminator and they didn't give me any grief about my setup.

Good guys trying to do a job and treated me well with our without a ticket - but I'm certainly glad it was without a ticket.

Aaron
Tue Oct 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM
"I'll give ya a warning if you tell me how fast you were going." I immediately think 'trap'. And just respond that I wasn't paying attention, probably around 65.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but when I say something like this, I stick to my word.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I can't speak for everyone of course, but when I say something like this, I stick to my word.

Probably the same for this guy. But when he said it it was too early in the call for me to have a good read on him and I really didn't know how fast I was going. All I knew is that I was not going ludicrous speed.

preludepearl417
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Weird to see year old repeat of what happened to me. I was in Cascade area though doing well over 100mph. Long story short, Cop told me thanks for stopping and gave me a warning. No motorcycle license, had insurance, and previous owners plates. Cop could have got me good but didn't. I believe there are some "cool" ones out there.

#1Townie
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hey aaron i was playing gta last night and was pretending i was running from you. I won most of the time. You did shoot me once. Asshole. Lol

maktastik_jr.
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hey aaron i was playing gta last night and was pretending i was running from you. I won most of the time. You did shoot me once. Asshole. Lol

ahhhh good ol gta. cant wait for the new one. im giddier than school girl in a build a bear.

grim
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 03:53 PM
ahhhh good ol gta. cant wait for the new one. im giddier than school girl in a build a bear.

So is my two and a half year old daughter.

#1Townie
Mon Oct 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Your two year old plays gta?

maktastik_jr.
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 12:20 AM

the better question is who the fuck doesnt play gta?

#1Townie
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Sissys my friend. Sissys.

grim
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 08:08 AM

So is my two and a half year old daughter.

:slap:

#1Townie
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 08:11 AM
What so your two year old ISN'T excited about the new gta?? :dunno:

grim
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
What so your two year old ISN'T excited about the new gta?? :dunno:

I was just referencing that my daughter IS one of those kids who is giddier than a school girl in a build a bear.

#1Townie
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Bro and im just playing with you. Of course i dont think a two year old is playing gta. You have be at least ten to understand how to get your money back from a prostitute. Lol

grim
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Bro and im just playing with you. Of course i dont think a two year old is playing gta. You have be at least ten to understand how to get your money back from a prostitute. Lol

Have they enhanced the noises or graphics when you get one in the car? I haven't played GTA since the 1st and second ones.

maktastik_jr.
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Have they enhanced the noises or graphics when you get one in the car? I haven't played GTA since the 1st and second ones.
dude.... do your self a favor, go buy gta4 as you can get it for cheap now and play it. and then slap yourself in the face for not playing the last three that have came out since then. the newer gtas (3, vice city, san andreas, and gta 4) are all third person instead of that awful overhead view they used to be. they are way better games then 1 and 2

maktastik_jr.
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
hahahhahahahahahaha!!!

grim
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 01:03 PM
dude.... do your self a favor, go buy gta4 as you can get it for cheap now and play it. and then slap yourself in the face for not playing the last three that have came out since then. the newer gtas (3, vice city, san andreas, and gta 4) are all third person instead of that awful overhead view they used to be. they are way better games then 1 and 2

I assume they have it for 360? I only played black ops and now i only play BF3.

maktastik_jr.
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I assume they have it for 360? I only played black ops and now i only play BF3.
yes they do. you play online?

grim
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 01:38 PM
yes they do. you play online?

Yup

maktastik_jr.
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
whats your gamertag? im down to play some butt fuckers three

bulldog
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 02:02 PM
dude.... do your self a favor, go buy gta4 as you can get it for cheap now and play it. and then slap yourself in the face for not playing the last three that have came out since then. the newer gtas (3, vice city, san andreas, and gta 4) are all third person instead of that awful overhead view they used to be. they are way better games then 1 and 2 Are we really hyping a game that came out in 2008 :lol:

Go get Saints Row 3 for a much newer and better game...then slap yourself for being 4 years behind still playing GTA4 :D
http://www.saintsrow.com/

grim
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM
whats your gamertag? im down to play some butt fuckers three

The Grimjeeper1

#1Townie
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Are we really hyping a game that came out in 2008 :lol:

Go get Saints Row 3 for a much newer and better game...then slap yourself for being 4 years behind still playing GTA4 :D
http://www.saintsrow.com/

Hahaha but gta is fun. Im bad with the rpgs in that game.

bulldog
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Hahaha but gta is fun. Im bad with the rpgs in that game. Oh yeah, I agree; beat GTA 3 and 4. Although I still liked the Saints Row series more. They totally ripped off GTA, but did a great job of it.

#1Townie
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM
It happens. Fact is i really see no way to make a story line that hasn't already been told.

maktastik_jr.
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Oh yeah, I agree; beat GTA 3 and 4. Although I still liked the Saints Row series more. They totally ripped off GTA, but did a great job of it.
admit it. you only like saints row becasue of the gigantor dildo bat. sick bastard

bulldog
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM
admit it. you only like saints row becasue of the gigantor dildo bat. sick bastard :lol: That is a funny weapon! I just like making my character a hot female then watching her run around when I leave her only with bra and panties....so yeah I am a sick bastard :D

maktastik_jr.
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 10:43 AM
:lol: That is a funny weapon! I just like making my character a hot female then watching her run around when I leave her only with bra and panties....so yeah I am a sick bastard :D

:headbang:

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 10:57 AM
This must be a candidate for biggest thread jack in csc history?

grim
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM

Working on it wanna join in? Whats on your mind?

maktastik_jr.
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM

ahh na na na na na shhhhhhhhhhh. just let it happen tink

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Working on it wanna join in? Whats on your mind?

I got nuttin but thanks for the invite

#1Townie
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 12:38 PM
:lol: That is a funny weapon! I just like making my character a hot female then watching her run around when I leave her only with bra and panties....so yeah I am a sick bastard :D

Its okay i throw ones at the screen when im in the strip club on gta. They never take off their tops. Its bullshit.

bulldog
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Its okay i throw ones at the screen when im in the strip club on gta. They never take off their tops. Its bullshit. Hell, you can make your entire character nude in Saints Row

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/121/1210163/saintsrow3_src_blur_1319134187.jpg

Click for uncensored character (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cAWd2sieQxg/0.jpg)

#1Townie
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Hahahaha. I need to check that out.