PDA

View Full Version : How not to group ride

Clovis
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Taken from sport-touring.net

http://youtu.be/cYFfUY9J1k4

Someone help me with embedding please.

Crazy parts are at 6:05 (tire blowout) and 19:05 (Head on with CHP).

This stuff happend in my backyard on some of my favorite roads. With people on the road like this, how can I ever be safe. http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/Smileys/default/facepalm.gif

The worst part is how nonchalant everyone is. http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/Smileys/default/crazy2.gif

UglyDogRacing
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Looks like one of this year's CSC rides.

mdub
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:12 PM
:roll: those guys need to re-take the motorcycle trainng class

how do you hit a cop car? the turn was not sharp and it looks like the cop was on the shoulder...guess the guy has warrants and freak out..

Ezzzzy1
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
4 riders went down in one day! Wha? This group is a mess.... I love how they left the bike that got the flat in the middle of the road.

mdub
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:16 PM
i notice that too.....brainiacs....

Repsol a095
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Wow! That was a long video to watch, but the end takes the freaking cake.

mdub
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
i was fast forwarding to the crashes.....hitting the cop car...grand fail.

Vellos
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Comments need to be approved on the video, no wonder there aren't hundreds of replies calling them dumbasses.

Jesterbass21
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
probably one of the worst riding videos I have ever seen

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
haha...the guy on the v-star or whatever was able to avoid the downed bike, but not the guy on the ninja, when he flipped his bike by hitting the crashed bike...he also displayed his awesome fixating skills when he clipped the mirror of the speed triple at the first incident

Nooch
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
GEEZUS!!! That is all.

grim
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Hit the cop car for 100 points!!!

salsashark
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
how do you hit a cop car? the turn was not sharp and it looks like the cop was on the shoulder...guess the guy has warrants and freak out..

Target fixation at its finest.

LivingPools
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Video might have been originally posted via BARF, thread is still going strong here in any case

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381861

drago52
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
wow. these guys really didn't look like they were pushing it either. even in the first section at around 6:05, the guy following couldn't stop quick enough without smacking the front guy's mirror. Talk about riding within your limits. wow.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
Comments need to be approved on the video, no wonder there aren't hundreds of replies calling them dumbasses.

Comment pending approval... Damn!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/Untitled-2.jpg

duelist13
Mon Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
does insurance cover damage to the police car? :D

Vellos
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Yep, insurance will pay for the damages to the police car. This was either target fixation or he didn't want a ticket so he slowed down (standing it up) and got a bigger ticket and a big bump to his insurance premium instead.

If I ever unexpectedly see an officer I just ride it out...

Wrider
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 12:33 AM
This video is a perfect example of why police cars are dangerous and should not be on public roads!:drink:

AOK303
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 01:28 AM
i wish they would of posted start times of the accidents... half the run was a waste of time but the ending wow

BC14
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Ride of the Century material there............ Better call the guys in St. Louis

Sean
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Looks like one of this year's CSC rides.:imwithstupid:

You guys can all call them idiots, but it doesn't look that different from the shit that happens here.

mdub
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:31 AM
that sucks there are csc rides like that....??? I'm glad i miss'd them.

BC14
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:35 AM
:imwithstupid:

You guys can all call them idiots, but it doesn't look that different from the shit that happens here.
Yep, the "noob friendly" one from April I think was chock full of stupid.... I try to avoid those kinds of rides typically.

Sean
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Yep, the "noob friendly" one from April I think was chock full of stupid.... I try to avoid those kinds of rides typically.
I don't think it's only nOOb rides. I've been on multiple group rides, with experienced riders, who made mistakes. It happens to all of us. And target fixation is a bitch! (referring to the cop car scene) The only difference is that these guys recorded the crap out of all of their crashes! :lol:

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:55 AM
The guy that hit the police car was WAY wide in that freaking corner. If the car hadn't been there he'd just have kept right on going into the trees. woof.

If you're not thoroughly looking over your bike before every ride (and we've all done this before), the front tire blowout may not have been avoidable. Of course, he could've been riding on a bald ass 9 year old tire too.

salsashark
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:01 AM
The guy that hit the police car was WAY wide in that freaking corner. If the car hadn't been there he'd just have kept right on going into the trees. woof.

Like the HD on the dragon video where the guy rides right off the road and disappears? (http://youtu.be/57JwGSD8h-w?t=25s)

If you're not thoroughly looking over your bike before every ride (and we've all done this before), the front tire blowout may not have been avoidable. Of course, he could've been riding on a bald ass 9 year old tire too.

Front tire didn't blow out...

From another forum:

The Busa that went down is a good friend of mine. I have riden with him for many years. i have also riden with some of the guys on that ride. we are all from the SF bay area. i was not on that ride, I do not like groupe rides. First of all the front tire did not blow out on the turn it blew after he hit the guard rail. He just got home out of the hospital. His bike is totaled it will be another six weeks before he will walk, And maybe not ride again. I have rode those roads many times it was rider error. Did you see the speedo on the bike 41-42 MPH WTF. Just ask 2 hip about one of my close calls. Thats why i like to ride alone. I quit riding with lee the busa that went down a year ago because the way he rides.
Chuck

Apparently, this isn't out of the norm for BARF group rides...

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,67073.0.html

BC14
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I don't think it's only nOOb rides. I've been on multiple group rides, with experienced riders, who made mistakes. It happens to all of us. And target fixation is a bitch! (referring to the cop car scene) The only difference is that these guys recorded the crap out of all of their crashes! :lol:
One example that I was a part of. I have seen a few questionable actions this year. I'm not immune, either. I have, too, made a few dumb choices.

sloridr
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Seems to me all the CSC rides I went on, last time I was home, some one went down on each ride. No one was injured thankfully but none the less it wasn't good. One individual had to have some one come from the springs up to Loveland to get him and his bike. Now I will only ride with people I know don't ride above there heads. I have made my fair share of mistakes too. Sad to see these kinds of threads...

grim
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:33 AM
^Agreed

I know i wont be able to ride like i normally do for awhile nor am i going to try.

I`m Batman
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Looks like a normal typical group ride to me... lol.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
he's working on redoing the video to music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE

Vellos
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
All the CSC fails I've seen this season have been single bike incidents, nobody has ran into a police car or another vehicle for that matter. Well I guess Rangerup or whatever caused Dave to dump it. :(

^Agreed

:roll:

usmcab35
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:24 AM
man that guy is giving us busa guys a even worse name... haha i get that going fast is fun on canyon rides, but last i check there isnt a prize for first... I have about 60+ hp than most bikes that i go on rides with but doesnt mean im riding that fine line that whole way.. some peoples kids...

grim
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:32 AM
All the CSC fails I've seen this season have been single bike incidents, nobody has ran into a police car or another vehicle for that matter. Well I guess Rangerup or whatever caused Dave to dump it. :(

The agreement was towards his statement "i make my fair share of mistakes"

Don't you roll your eyes at me!

sloridr
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:48 AM
man that guy is giving us busa guys a even worse name... haha i get that going fast is fun on canyon rides, but last i check there isnt a prize for first... I have about 60+ hp than most bikes that i go on rides with but doesnt mean im riding that fine line that whole way.. some peoples kids...

Almost everybody I ride with has 3 cylinders and 75-100 hp on me. I still have more fun than most on my little thumper. It even tops out at 92mph. Oh so much fun in the back of the pack! More people should spend more time back there.

usmcab35
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Almost everybody I ride with has 3 cylinders and 75-100 hp on me. I still have more fun than most on my little thumper. It even tops out at 92mph. Oh so much fun in the back of the pack! More people should spend more time back there.

I actually enjoy riding in the back, all the noobs i ride with always ask if im riding in the front, i tell them im sweeping, if i want some more speed i let the group get a turn or two ahead and then catch up! no matter what is said there is always that guy who is riding above his skill level and seems to have something to prove.

Nooch
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Comment pending approval... Damn!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/Untitled-2.jpg

Troll proofed! LOL! Probably a smart move, that video has the potential to incite enough negative comments to break the internet.

OUTLAWD
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I got caught by taget fixation...but at least I didn't hit another bike, or a car, or a guardrail...:lol:

Sleev
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM
They're still doing dumb shit after the accidents. The chick standing in the road with her back to traffic for instance.

BlueRanger
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM
The chick standing in the road with her back to traffic for instance.

lol, true that. I think she was in shock haha, but yeah, wtfuk.

WolFeYeZ
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM

Lies. What about the "noob" ride back from the springs? :P

Vellos
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Lies. What about the "noob" ride back from the springs? :P

Oh snap. Buried that memory apparently.

grim
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Oh snap. Buried that memory apparently.

Details.......