PDA

View Full Version : Leather repair and MOST program

Ninja2
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I was given the name of Nate Butler to clean and condition my leathers. He also does leather repairs, and is located in Wheatridge. He's been doing this kind of work for the MRA for many years, he says.

He did warn me that you cannot get smell out of the Kevlar material as part of motorcycle leathers (stretchy material).

I plan on making an appt later next week with Nate to get my leathers up there for cleaning/conditioning. If you need your leathers repaired or cleaned and would like me to take yours up for an estimate as well, let me know by this Sunday (Oct 9).

Slo
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Can you let me know what the address, or website address is? Looking to get some stuff done for my leathers soon also.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Can you let me know what the address, or website address is? Looking to get some stuff done for my leathers soon also.

Nate doesnt have a website. Call him at 7202432059. He is in Wheatridge and will give you his address.

t_jolt
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Another +1 for Nate

Kitten
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Nate does great work! I've used him multiple times for my race leathers.

willb003
Tue Oct 4th, 2011, 08:14 PM
One more +1 for Nate.

He made my leathers fit better.

Ninja2
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
I have not dropped off my leathers due to the nice weather we had in Oct.
I might try and go up there on Monday. Let me know if you have any leathers you'd like Nate to look at.

Ninja2
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
OK. So here's the tentative plan:
Will take off around 1.30 or 2pm to head up to the Capitol in Denver to support the MOST program. I will then drop off my leathers with Nate after that.

Everything is based on estimate. Cleaning and conditioning usually run between $25-$35.
Repairs are based on estimates by Nate.
If you want me to get an estimate, make sure you're available by phone around 5.00pm or so on Monday to go over the quote with Nate.
Also, if you would like to join me in supporting the MOST program and/or see Nate, I have room in the car.

OUTLAWD
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
OK. So here's the tentative plan:
Will take off around 1.30 or 2pm to head up to the Capitol in Denver to support the MOST program. I will then drop off my leathers with Nate after that.

Everything is based on estimate. Cleaning and conditioning usually run between $25-$35.
Repairs are based on estimates by Nate.
If you want me to get an estimate, make sure you're available by phone around 5.00pm or so on Monday to go over the quote with Nate.
Also, if you would like to join me in supporting the MOST program and/or see Nate, I have room in the car.

hmm...should prob clean my 1 pc before it sits in a gear bag for an undertermined extended period... :lol:

this monday? being that I have taken on sort of a graveyard shift, maybe I can make the MOST thing as well...

sloridr
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Not that I am trying to bump Nate, but I had Carleens of Golden do my leathers and it was a GREAT job at a fair price!

You can google her addy but she has no web site.

Ninja2
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
hmm...should prob clean my 1 pc before it sits in a gear bag for an undertermined extended period... :lol:

this monday? being that I have taken on sort of a graveyard shift, maybe I can make the MOST thing as well...

Uhm. Yes and yes. Unless you wanna smell like me :-) Hope you can make it. Will you go to the Walnut Room too? If you go I might go, too.

Sloridr, I already promised Nate my business, so that's where I will take them to. I feel comfortable taking them to Nate because he has a reasonable amount of references. I am kinda picky when it comes to my leathers because they were pretty expensive and I cannot buy them in the US. If he messes them up, Jim, Aaron, and Mr Tjolt will hear from me ;-)
But I am sure there are other great leather service shops out there. That's just what I decided on.

OUTLAWD
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Uhm. Yes and yes. Unless you wanna smell like me :-) Hope you can make it. Will you go to the Walnut Room too? If you go I might go, too.

what's going on at the 'Nut?

Ninja2
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
An MRA meeting: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43329
But it sounds like Non-MRA members might be welcome, too. I am referring to myself here. I missed most of the Bike Nights for various reasons, and it would be great to get together again.

OUTLAWD
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Monday is the 7th
MRA meeting is 9th

;)

Ninja2
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Dang. I only saw a 7 in there and thought it was on the 7th.:( Thanks for letting me know. I would have been sitting in the Walnut Room by myself on Mon.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
Not that I am trying to bump Nate, but I had Caleens of Golden do my leathers and it was a GREAT job at a fair price!

You can google her addy but she has no web site.

I thought it was Carleen's? Glad you had a good experience there. I won't try to steer business away from them, so please extend the same courtesy with Nate Butler's customers.

sloridr
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
I thought it was Carleen's? Glad you had a good experience there. I won't try to steer business away from them, so please extend the same courtesy with Nate Butler's customers.

My apologize I meant no foul play in trying to steer people away from Nate. It was just another local place is all. Sorry if it came across as it wasn't meant that way.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
My apologize I meant no foul play in trying to steer people away from Nate. It was just another local place is all. Sorry if it came across as it wasn't meant that way.

Sorry if I came off the wrong way. I had already referred her to Nate long before this post.

BadR6Man
Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks Ninja2 for doing this. My leathers are way past due for a cleaning. I'm going to miss all of the bugs i've collected.

Clovis
Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks Rabea for taking my leathers up, I appreciate it!

Kitten
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I've had a lot done by Nate and know many people who have had stuff done by Nate. When it comes to race leathers (motorcycle leathers), I am pretty particular about who does work on them. If they don't use the right thread etc. they may not hold up when it counts most. Nate has built leathers and repaired leathers for the highest level of racers including professional street luge racers and motorcycle racers. Just my opinion.

Let us know how it turns out.