PDA

View Full Version : Email setup

deadline
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Does anyone know how to setup custom email address with a domain that I already own. Preferably for free....

Example: MyName@MyWebsite.com

I already own the domain, just need custom email.

WolFeYeZ
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Google Apps is what you want I think. Not sure though: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

dhearkt
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:59 AM
usually u can go into your hosts control panel to configure what addy you want besides the generics(admin, help and so on )

then you can get the ports and pop/smtp addresses from either their help section or via an email request and then it's simple..

most hosts nowadays have a generic like - mail.yourdomain.com and then u use the username/pass that u set up in their control panel to access and your on ur way

need more than that?? pm me or ask this site's admin and they might help, they seem very fast at responding or yeah .. google it , but i would start at your host.. ( the people or website where you got ur domain name
like hostmonster/godaddy or something like that )

otherwise pm me with a number and i will try and call u back and we can discuss it more ,, i will only call back after 2-3 mst.. sorry i work nights and like to get in what sleep i can :cyber:

DFab
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM
+1 for google apps