PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, DIRK!!!

CBRSue
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 09:44 AM
While Dirk is not a fan of getting attention for his good deeds, I decided to share this anyway with ya'll:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=205302868

Congratulations, Dirk!!! :up:

asp_125
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Congrats Dirk! :up:

Wrider
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Heh, I work for SA and haven't heard about this.
Congrats Dirk!

Sean
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Dirk...seriously? Is it possible for you to stop making the rest of us look like sub-par citizens for one day? We'd all appreciate it.

Way to go buddy! That's awesome!

Snowman
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Beats the hell out of a Noble Prize in Physics... :up:

Clovis
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Way to go Dirk!!

Devaclis
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:05 AM
THE
MAN

Congrats Dirk. Those are some lucky kids :)

bornwildnfree
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Grats!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Dirk...seriously? Is it possible for you to stop making the rest of us look like sub-par citizens for one day? We'd all appreciate it.

Way to go buddy! That's awesome!What this fag said...Dirk...you da man!!!

Ghost
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Congrats Man!

Or we could take his example and step up to being better? :p

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:33 AM
gratz and thanks Dirk!

Sean
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Or we could take his example and step up to being better? :pIf you find a way to achieve Dirk's level of awesomeness, PLEASE let me know!

MetaLord 9
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Well done Dirk!!!

Ghost
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
If you find a way to achieve Dirk's level of awesomeness, PLEASE let me know!

I said better, that implies a state above the current without necessarily matching Dirk.

But, in all honestly, nothing he does couldn't be emulated by anyone here. Just take the time/effort to go do it. Instead of just inspiring kids, why not let Dirk inspire CSC to do more?

Mother Goose
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 11:04 AM
:applause:

sprtbkbabe
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Someone is famous on the CSC? :yay:

CONGRATS Dirky Dirk!

dirkterrell
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ok, Susan, you're in big trouble. :)

Thank you all for your kind comments. There is nothing heroic in what I do. I simply share lessons that I learned while playing football. I enjoy doing it and my reward is the difference it makes in young people's lives. There is usually one player that I call my "project player", someone I see heading towards a very dark path in life. I try to use their love of the game to turn them towards something better. And failure is not an option with something like that.

Although very much appreciated, no pat on the back by some organization or even by my friends can compare to the feeling I get at the end of the season when I see a kid that has changed direction like that, and I get the most honest thank you from them for helping them out a little bit. And it really is a little bit from my perspective. Even a small change at a crucial point in a young person's life can be magnified tremendously over the years as they grow up.

Ghost is right on. There is nothing special about what I do. There are many, many good people in the CSC community who do great things for others. Find something you love and share what you know. It's really pretty easy and indescribably rewarding.

grim
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Ok, Susan, you're in big trouble. :)

Thank you all for your kind comments. There is nothing heroic in what I do. I simply share lessons that I learned while playing football. I enjoy doing it and my reward is the difference it makes in young people's lives. There is usually one player that I call my "project player", someone I see heading towards a very dark path in life. I try to use their love of the game to turn them towards something better. And failure is not an option with something like that.

Although very much appreciated, no pat on the back by some organization or even by my friends can compare to the feeling I get at the end of the season when I see a kid that has changed direction like that, and I get the most honest thank you from them for helping them out a little bit. And it really is a little bit from my perspective. Even a small change at a crucial point in a young person's life can be magnified tremendously over the years as they grow up.

Ghost is right on. There is nothing special about what I do. There are many, many good people in the CSC community who do great things for others. Find something you love and share what you know. It's really pretty easy and indescribably rewarding.

You sir are quite the role model and i applaud your positive outlook on life!

Scatterbrain
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Congrats man. Good on you.

green_zx7r
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Congrats Dirk!!!

madvlad
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Kudos mang

Zach929rr
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Dirk, you are awesome.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM
RIGHTONDIRK!!!! :up:

McVaaahhh
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Dirk - :applause:

that is all.

Spiderman
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM
:applause:

+1

J/K - you are an inspiration to us all! 8)

DemonRider
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:27 PM
:yay::up:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Dr. Dirk just totally RAWKS on SO many levels.....it's mind-boggling..... Congrats!:yay::yay::yay:

onelocked
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Congrats Dirk, what an honor!

~Barn~
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Well done, Dirk! :yes:

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Nice.
Thanks for all you do.

puckstr
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/cp1708/Clappinggif.gif

spideyrdr
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Good stuff! Congrats!

Matty
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 06:54 PM
well done sir.

willb003
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Very Nice.

sfarson
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Dirk... Very good.

Aracheon
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 11:04 PM

Way to go buddy! That's awesome!

:yay::yay::yay:

FZRguy
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Nice work there, Dirk. :up:

Slo
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Dirk, first of all CONGRATS!!!! This is definitely well-deserved. You are truely humble and that's why it makes this so much more deserving.