PDA

View Full Version : October Snow in SW CO

aerofaze
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Advisory (http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=bou&wwa=winter%20storm%20warning) from the National Weather Service starting around Thursday, Oct 6.

If anyone's heading that way on two wheels this weekend, you may want to think about re-routing. Excerpt:

MOTORISTS DRIVING OVER MOUNTAIN PASSES SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR FAST CHANGES WITH RAIN CHANGING OVER TO ACCUMULATING SNOW. HEAVY SNOW AND DENSE FOG WILL CAUSE POOR VISIBILITY. ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL CAUSE SLUSHY AND SLIPPERY CONDITIONS OVER THE MOUNTAIN PASSES. TRAVELING INTO THE HIGH COUNTRY WILL BECOME CHALLENGING IF ONE IS NOT PREPARED FOR THE FIRST SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM OF THE SEASON.

:cold:

salsashark
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Guess I'd better get around to picking up that season pass and getting my snowboard tuned up...

Sean
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Guess I'd better get around to picking up some studded tires for the Multi and heated gear.Fixed :up:

Ghost
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Whoo-hoo, bring it on! Last winter was WEAK...I demand moar snoe!

aerofaze
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Looks like it's time for me to get a new cage so I can load up the skis!

salsashark
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Fixed :up:

I'll ride when it's cold... not when it's icy.

That's what the beast is for.

Actually, I'm kind of looking forward to snowboarding this year. I've taken a couple years off so I'm hoping for a good winter.

Devaclis
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 02:16 PM
No need to re-route. Just learn to ride in the snow.

Matty
Wed Oct 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Guess I'd better get around to picking up that season pass and getting my snowboard tuned up...

yes you do!

mastap07
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Whoo-hoo, bring it on! Last winter was WEAK...I demand moar snoe!

they already saying this year will be a lot like last year, weather wise which means not a whole lot of the white stuff down here.... :roll:

aerofaze
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Wolf Creek got 3 feet of snow (http://www.outtherecolorado.com/201110078002/Skiing-snowboarding/Wolf-Creek-to-open-this-weekend-after-3-feet-of-snowfall.html)! They're looking to open the ski area this weekend. Crazy to think I was just riding that pass only 2 weeks ago.

PAGOSA SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Wolf Creek Ski Area in southwest Colorado says it plans to open for skiing Saturday and Sunday, after a storm left three feet of snow.

Resort Vice President Rosanne Pitcher said Thursday that ski area officials will probably decide Saturday whether to keep going for the rest of the season.

Pitcher says this is the earliest Wolf Creek has offered skiing. She says resort officials are still deciding exactly what will be open this weekend, but the plan is to offer three lifts and about 600 acres with a lift ticket price of $33.
Loveland was the first ski area to start the season in Colorado last year when it opened for daily operations Oct. 24

asp_125
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Woot! Time to hit the slopes!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Wolf Creek got 3 feet of snow (http://www.outtherecolorado.com/201110078002/Skiing-snowboarding/Wolf-Creek-to-open-this-weekend-after-3-feet-of-snowfall.html)! They're looking to open the ski area this weekend. Crazy to think I was just riding that pass only 2 weeks ago.

PAGOSA SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Wolf Creek Ski Area in southwest Colorado says it plans to open for skiing Saturday and Sunday, after a storm left three feet of snow.

Resort Vice President Rosanne Pitcher said Thursday that ski area officials will probably decide Saturday whether to keep going for the rest of the season.

Pitcher says this is the earliest Wolf Creek has offered skiing. She says resort officials are still deciding exactly what will be open this weekend, but the plan is to offer three lifts and about 600 acres with a lift ticket price of $33.
Loveland was the first ski area to start the season in Colorado last year when it opened for daily operations Oct. 24
Well, this probably hoses up my idea of a ride to Durango next weekend......

Captain Obvious
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Wolf Creek got 3 feet of snow (http://www.outtherecolorado.com/201110078002/Skiing-snowboarding/Wolf-Creek-to-open-this-weekend-after-3-feet-of-snowfall.html)! They're looking to open the ski area this weekend.

They did and it was awesome.