PDA

View Full Version : Paddock Cleanup

Boy Scout
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Attn: RACERS please pickup your safety wire at the track...I see way to much of it laying on the ground.
I went to bike night at SCR last night. I didn't get to ride because of the rain, but just riding into the paddock area and parking my bike, my tires picked up not one, but two cotter pins. :x

A quick look around revealed nuts, bolts, washers, countless scraps of safety wire, at least two cotter pins (which I took care of), etc. all laying around just waiting for an opportune moment to f*ck up someone's day.

Please cleanup the area around your pit when you leave. The tire you save could be your own. :up:

Anonymous
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 11:35 AM
This also brings up yet another section of the rulebook:

5.4 Pit Safety Standards
D. Each pit area must be policed for debris before leaving for the day. Failure to comply can result in a $20 pit cleanup fee.

Perhaps we need to start walking around at the end of the day to see who's been naughty and nice...

~Barn~
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Just pay Ralph the 20 bucks to clean it.

Oh yeah, and get a receipt!

Polar X
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 12:25 PM
:pointlaugh:

Cleveland
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Just pay Ralph the 20 bucks to clean it.

Oh yeah, and get a receipt!

:spit: :lol:

ebazyl
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Ralph - If I give you an extra $20 will you post the times from R2SL?

Wahooman
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Nate....don't forget the pile of race takeoffs laying there as well. There was definetely a lot of crap on the ground waiting to find a home in some nice rubber :|

Buddau
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I am glad some one said something about this.
I could not believe how much safety wire clipings, etc. was laying around. I was thinking of saying something at the racer's meetings. Maybe some one will bring this up at one of the meetings.
I had my pit crew, ( Nik and Brandon) pickup as much as they could. They only charge $10 each to clean up your pit area. ;-)

BlueDevil
Mon Jun 13th, 2005, 06:22 AM
I agree 100%. Every track I have been to this year I have found scraps of saftey wire and random objects. I realize some things come off on accident and you were not aware, but a simple 2 minute scout of your area will save yourself or some one else not only several hundred bucks for new tires, but possibly a life. P P P Pleeeeeeeease pick up your pit before you leave.