PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones Next Fight Announced...and it is not Rashad

bulldog
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 02:17 PM
As much as it annoys me to say, Rashad is out with a broken hand; very ironic since Jon Jones faked a hand injury to get out if his fight with Rashad (Rampage was the substitute) and now Rashad can't fight because of a broken hand. Well UFC 140 will be:

Jones vs Machida!

~Barn~
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 02:41 PM
:lol: I love how you stick to the conspiracy theory over Jones hand injury being "faked" to avoid a fight with Rashad, Nate. Trust me... Jon Jones can't wait to fight Evans!

As a matter of fact, the normally stoic and composed Jones finally showed some emotion after defending against Quinton. If I remember right it was something like "He's ruined my big day twice now!" referring to Rashad Evans. I would say it's safe to say he's looking forward to having his crack at him.

And plus... if you watch the fight where Jones beat Rua, it's not as if he didn't batter Shogun with punches for 10+ minutes. [/sarcasm] Guys injure their hands all the time with those little 4oz gloves.

~Barn~
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Also.... I think the style match-up against Machida is a lot more dangerous for Jones, than it would be against Evans. This fight (to me anyway...) will shape up to be either A.) somewhat boring with Jones and Machida both being very defensive, and Jones doing enough to defend the title, or B.) Machida catching him with one of his many Shinobi-like counter strikes, and possibly upsetting the new champion.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Jon Jones can't wait to fight Evans!

And I cant wait to watch it! Even better Evans is going to make him wait for it :lol:

Jones may be a good fighter but he is a T T TOOOL!

bulldog
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 03:02 PM
:lol: I love how you stick to the conspiracy theory over Jones hand injury being "faked" to avoid a fight with Rashad, Nate. Trust me... Jon Jones can't wait to fight Evans!

As a matter of fact, the normally stoic and composed Jones finally showed some emotion after defending against Quinton. If I remember right it was something like "He's ruined my big day twice now!" referring to Rashad Evans. I would say it's safe to say he's looking forward to having his crack at him.

And plus... if you watch the fight where Jones beat Rua, it's not as if he didn't batter Shogun with punches for 10+ minutes. [/sarcasm] Guys injure their hands all the time with those little 4oz gloves.
You are right, people injure themselves all the time in those gloves, but Jones stated this was a injury from college and decided to have a surgery AFTER they announced his opponent was Rasad. Why take a fight then all of a sudden decide to get a surgery after your opponent was announced? Then he waitied till Rashad was booked for another fight and he signs up to fight Phil Davis!

Barn has no love for local fighters that represented Denver like Rashad! :lol:

Anyways here is Rashad's statement: http://mmajunkie.com/news/25564/rashad-evans-fully-understands-decision-to-book-jones-machida-ufc-140-headliner.mma

bulldog
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 03:09 PM
And I cant wait to watch it! Even better Evans is going to make him wait for it :lol:

Jones may be a good fighter but he is a T T TOOOL! Exactly :up:

Even this matchup against machida is fishy to me. Rashad just announced the other day that he was set back 3 weeks due to that pin in his hand recovering and then Jones signs up all quick to fight in December

~Barn~
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I'm a big fan of both Rashad and Jones. Rashad primarily for his ability to compete at both HW and LHW, by way of his athleticism. He's a very gifted athlete.

Jones is a very articulate and well-spoken guy. His confidence and belief in his ability, combined with his intellect, does sometimes make him come across as arrogant, but as the old saying goes... "It's not bragging, if you can back it up."

Regardless... both men will eventually have their day to compete against one another.