PDA

View Full Version : Spur of the moment trip

GSL
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 06:52 PM
The stars are aligned and I'm going riding next weekend. Actually, leaving next Wednesday night/Thursday morning (June 15th) and won't be back in CO until Monday night, the 20th. Planning on 800-900 mile days to get there roundabout, on Thursday and Friday. Ride Deal's Gap and others on Saturday and Sunday. Leave Sunday night and be home by Monday night (1300 miles to get home).

Anyone interested in going? Wife is staying home. So I can share a room in Maryville.

Cheers,
Will

Player 2
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Man, that's not near enough time to do that area any justice.

Make sure to spend a day on the Skyway and say Hi to the cute girls at Tellico Beach when you stop there for lunch & ice cream ;)

Wahooman
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Definetetely a quick trip....you will be so tired you can't drive back :lol: Once you are there you will realize you need more time to really "use" the area ;) However, it is sweet you are heading out there. If I wasn't taking time off in July I would be down to go with ya and if you haven't been there before....show ya around a bit. Say hello to Killboy if you see him snapin photos on the Dragon.
Oh, and BE CAREFUL....the Dragon can bite pretty hard ;)

Gramps
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 08:59 PM
i hope yu know what you're doing 8)

and i hope you are stocked up on some kind of caffine pills, or better :lol:

good luck :D

swademaster
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Have a safe trip. I wish I has the time to go along, but not this time.

BenDover
Sat Jun 11th, 2005, 03:01 AM
i hope yu know what you're doing 8)

I think his sig shows that he does... ;)

IBA #10979 - SS1K, All-Dirt SS1K, SS2K, SS3K, 100CCC, BBGold, TCGold

GSL
Sat Jun 11th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the words of warning. I have already been to Deal's so this trip is mostly to visit some friends that want to go there. Hence, the short trip, for me anyways. Plus, I used to live in Charlotte, so I know the area. I might not even ride the Dragon this time. There are some dirt roads that go thru the Smoky Mtn. Nat Park that I want to explore. :D

Gotta love dual-sport! Comfy enough to ride X-country and ride dirt roads when you get there! :lol:

Gramps
Sat Jun 11th, 2005, 06:56 PM
more power to ya brother

be careful on those highways :D