PDA

View Full Version : Yay Fay Myers

Devaclis
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Pie and I went to Fay to look for a bike a few weeks ago. Sat on a few before seeing the new 2011 Shadow VT 750 RSb. Pie sat on it and really liked it right off the bat. I asked one of the floor guys there to get me a sales guy. Ed came over and told us everything we needed to know about the bike. He was laid back, knew his shit, and gave us no pressure.

Pie needed a week to think it over but eventually went out and signed the paperwork on Friday 2 weeks ago. Ed was fantastic. Not only with the sales part, but the follow up when we discovered that a side cover bolt had fallen out and the owners manual was missing. He got them both replaced the day we called in.

Kudos to Fay and their sales staff. Great experience.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L5vEEFmbzGs/TNenHkhhePI/AAAAAAAAAJk/-tovOLPYkcU/s1600/2011-Honda-ShadowRS-VT750RS.jpg

Matty
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Add Ortega to that list of cool salesguys. And Adam in service.

salsashark
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:05 AM
IMO - best looking Shadow

sloridr
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Congrats on the new ride!!! Also to Fay for being on top of there game.:yes:

Devaclis
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
The 750 is fun and torquey. Handles really well in the corners. Has a good sound but not as obnoxious as a Harley. PLUS, it's fuel injected :)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM
The 750 is fun and torquey. Handles really well in the corners. Has a good sound but not as obnoxious as a Harley. PLUS, it's fuel injected :)

++ it doesn't leak oil like a Hardley...... :)

Ghost
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Ed's one of the best, and a good friend of mine, I'd be stunned if anyone ever had anything but a great experience with him.

brennahm
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Ahhh, finally fuel injected all the Shadows...good deal!

Great mid-size cruiser, FI was all that WAS missing.

PunyJuney
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Congrats to Linda and a thumbs up to Tony King who sold me my new bike last week @Fays. Now if only their service department could get it together like the sales team.

Ghost
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Congrats to Linda and a thumbs up to Tony King who sold me my new bike last week @Fays. Now if only their service department could get it together like the sales team.

Gotta remember too that Service gets the shit end of the stick most days.

People are Thrilled to buy a new bike.
People are Grumpy when they have to pay to repair/maintain it.

When something goes wrong with the amazing new bike, or it's a costly maintenance item, it's service that has to try to explain what's up, and what it's going to cost--usually with an irate customer breathing down their necks.

Plus, Service is separate from, but relies upon, Parts to get anything done, so that's more hands in the pot, and more chances for error on both ends.

I'm not saying that excuses things, but sales typically has a much easier time at work than Service does, so it's harder for Service to please people than it is for Sales...and Service is typically far busier on both the customer and tech side of things--and the service writer has to juggle both of those.

Fwiw, the guys at Fay in Service do, and have done, all that they can for me every time I'm in there, and I've no complaints.

King Nothing
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 08:43 PM
IMO - best looking Shadow
Amen. Looks great! Congrats!

Titus
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 09:51 PM

+1 to Tony King. He was my sales guy when I bought my Streetfighter, & he did well. I had a good experience.

Devaclis
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 07:46 AM
The bike we ppurchased was the one they rode accross the football field at the Bronco's home opener celebration. I't got a permanent tie to CO now :)

I also think that Pie found out they nicknamed the bike the "Shadowster" as it looks a LOT like a Harley Sportster.

Sean
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Good lookin' bike. :up:

Did you guys get rid of the sportbike (CBR/GSX-R)? Or are you just building an eclectic stable?

Devaclis
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
We have the GSX-R, the DRZ, the CB350 FOUR and now a Shadow 750.

stubbicatt
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Glad they treated you right.

MetaLord 9
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 01:01 PM
We have the GSX-R, the DRZ, the CB350 FOUR and now a Shadow 750.
You're starting to sound like my stable except your street ready to project ratio is higher than mine! :lol:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 03:54 PM
sell me your gixxer dana!

oh yeah, congrats on the new ride PIE!

Devaclis
Thu Oct 13th, 2011, 10:35 AM
It is Sweeties Gixx and she is keeping it :)