PDA

View Full Version : Tebow named starter.

veteran_80
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Tebow chosen by fox to start against Miami after bye week. I find the games so much more exciting with him in the game. Not sure if that will equal more wins but it should be fun to watch and find out.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
FINALLY, Fox gets it. :applause: He should have made this decision when we first got Tebow.:idea:

Keyser Soze
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I just hope the city doesn't turn on the guy when he doesn't throw for 400 yards a game.

tecknojoe
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 09:59 AM
moderate improvement

mastap07
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:00 AM
yikes! i think tebow is pretty good and knows how to scramble but is he the right QB for the broncos offense.... kind of up in the air. it definately seems like the croud and the team players respond better to tebow when he comes out into the field so it could be for the better. Orton has a really good window to hit (when hes on his game like most quaterbacks) so i guess well see if tebow can shink his window like Orton but not make as many mistakes as the past QB's (Orton and Cutler).
i guess Miami is going to announce the winning college team from 3 years ago at this sundays game when the broncos play the dolphins. tebow is supposed to be called out with the team and probably will steps out in his broncos jersey lol

salsashark
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I just hope the city doesn't turn on the guy when he doesn't throw for 400 yards a game.

You know it's going to happen. Nobody remembers the early Elway years where he sucked. Tebow is not the messiah and Denver will turn on him just like every QB since #7. Denver's fans have gotten way to "fair weather". Fox is taking his coaching advice from billboards?!

I just hope this move provides some kind of spark that lights a fire under the Broncos' asses.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM
people will cut him more slack than they would anyone else. The fans understand that he's young and developing. No doubt he'll be expected to win on a consistent basis eventually.

But if Denver is going to have a loosing season, at least we can invest it in a guy who has the potential to be the face of the team for years to come.

Why be mediocre under a QB who's already matured? (McNabb and the Vikings anyone?)

salsashark
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:13 AM
^^ Same arguments made when Cutler showed up.

BTW, did you see him last night? Looked pretty damn good.

Nooch
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I fully agree with Veteran! Its not about who is the better quarterback. Its about who is more exciting/entertaining to watch! The team and the games are boring with Ben Stein at quarterback. Orton has the attitude of a guy who's just on the field to get a paycheck. I don't see any heart in him. Tebow is like a mini Drew Brees in terms of attitude. Always positive, always upbeat, always trying to motivate and fire up the fans and his teammates. Even if the Broncos have a fail season, at least the fans will enjoy the games more with Tebow under center. And I think the team as a whole draws a bit more energy when Tebow is leading them.

Keyser Soze
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:16 AM
You know it's going to happen. Nobody remembers the early Elway years where he sucked. Tebow is not the messiah and Denver will turn on him just like every QB since #7. Denver's fans have gotten way to "fair weather". Fox is taking his coaching advice from billboards?!

I just hope this move provides some kind of spark that lights a fire under the Broncos' asses.

He might be listening to EVERYONE. Turn on the tv, radio, internetz, you name it, everyone has been baffled by the whole deal. Shit I hear more about Tebow than Kolb out here :lol:

Keyser Soze
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:23 AM
^^ Same arguments made when Cutler showed up.

BTW, did you see him last night? Looked pretty damn good.
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lolcultersmacked.gif

salsashark
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I fully agree with Veteran! Its not about who is the better quarterback. Its about who is more exciting/entertaining to watch! The team and the games are boring with Ben Stein at quarterback. Orton has the attitude of a guy who's just on the field to get a paycheck. I don't see any heart in him. Tebow is like a mini Drew Brees in terms of attitude. Always positive, always upbeat, always trying to motivate and fire up the fans and his teammates. Even if the Broncos have a fail season, at least the fans will enjoy the games more with Tebow under center. And I think the team as a whole draws a bit more energy when Tebow is leading them.

If that's the case (and I kind of agree with you), I hope they make the decision final and stick with it. Frank commented the other day that this waffling back and forth has done nothing but hurt everyone involved.

If they go with Tebow, they need to trade Orton to Miami and move forward with Tebow and Quinn. Quit the back and forth crap and make some decisions.

salsashark
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lolcultersmacked.gif

:spit: nice

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I could laugh at that gif all day. Even the expression on the ref's face :)

birchyboy
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:34 AM
That's a funny video. Cutler looks more stoned than he usually does.

madvlad
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Fuck cutler and orton, tebow is a natural leader and knows how to get people pumped up. Yes he is new but he is bold and takes chances. Only time will tell but he will do good im sure

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 01:16 PM
ESPN radio is giving Cutler a lot of props for just being able to walk off the field and not throat punching the O-line for letting the Lions have a field day on him.

The smirk on the ref's face in that gif still cracks me up every time.

Doron&Katie
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM
No way. The Broncos want to win? This is ridiculous!

Ricky
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Fuck cutler and orton, tebow is a natural leader and knows how to get people pumped up. Yes he is new but he is bold and takes chances. Only time will tell but he will do good im sure

But he's not confident. Look at the guy. He can't even do an interview without sounding like Jimmy from South Park. I don't see confidence when he's in the pocket. Getting people pumped up (especially fans), does not win football games. Sure, it may bring in fans, but you show me a QB that wins games but doesn't have that Tebow energy, and it's going to generate more $$$ than Tebow and his ability to get people pumped up. Taking chances, while important, can also ruin him. The fans are so brutal here, the first time he fucks up one of those bold moves, he'll get booed off the field like they've done with the past few QB's.

JustSomeDude
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 02:24 PM
But if Denver is going to have a loosing season, at least we can invest it in a guy who has the potential to be the face of the team for years to come.

If Denver has a losing season after 11 games of Tebow, that "face of the future" will be changing come the 2012 draft. This display of Tebow is just proper planning by the front office... Orton's contract is up at the end of this season, as is Quinn's, and FEX has never been on the Tebow bandwagon. So with a 1-3 start to the season, and a shitty first half on Sunday, they figured WTF... give Tebow a chance. He now has 11 games to prove himself worthy of playing for the Broncos beyond this season.

If Tebow fails his 11 game test, you can be damned sure the 2012 draft will be prioritized on QBs for the Broncos. Luck isn't the only one graduating next spring... it looks to be a QB heavy draft class, and the Broncos will take advantage if all 3 of the QBs on their current roster fail the 2011 test they're currently taking.

Elway has made it very clear he has a specific three-year rebuilding plan in place. So don't be surprised if all three of these guys are gone 6 months from now. Only time, and on field performance, will tell.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Is it just me, or does Cutler look (and act) like the stoned white guy with the tie-dyed shirt from the movie Half-Baked? Nice save on the helmet though.....

bluedogok
Tue Oct 11th, 2011, 08:35 PM
If Denver has a losing season after 11 games of Tebow, that "face of the future" will be changing come the 2012 draft. This display of Tebow is just proper planning by the front office... Orton's contract is up at the end of this season, as is Quinn's, and FEX has never been on the Tebow bandwagon. So with a 1-3 start to the season, and a shitty first half on Sunday, they figured WTF... give Tebow a chance. He now has 11 games to prove himself worthy of playing for the Broncos beyond this season.

If Tebow fails his 11 game test, you can be damned sure the 2012 draft will be prioritized on QBs for the Broncos. Luck isn't the only one graduating next spring... it looks to be a QB heavy draft class, and the Broncos will take advantage if all 3 of the QBs on their current roster fail the 2011 test they're currently taking.

Elway has made it very clear he has a specific three-year rebuilding plan in place. So don't be surprised if all three of these guys are gone 6 months from now. Only time, and on field performance, will tell.
Yep, you have to find out if you wasted a first round draft pick and cut your losses if he doesn't pan out. I don't think Tebow is an NFL-level QB, he could excel at some other positions due to his talent and work ethic, but not at QB at this level. Going through the grind of the rest of the season will show whether he is or not, I think it will be a disaster, but I also think Orton is a disaster. Once defenses start preparing for him the real evaluation starts. The best QB in the organization is in the front office, that is the real problem.

sag
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 12:22 AM
aikman went 0-11 first year as a starter. just sayin.

i love the new campaign "suck for Luck" hahaha

Ezzzzy1
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 02:16 AM
I think a lot of people are forgetting that part of this whole "Quarter Back" job involves being thrown to the wolves... I am having a really hard time understanding why an organization would take a quarter back in the first round and then try to "teach" him. Tebow is a bad ass, but the Bronkies (a mix between a bronco and a donkey) were not willing to fully commit and build a team around him, instead they wanted to "show him the ropes". Its that simple. Tebow should have gone in the late second/early third round. Broncons flucked up by taking him early.

*They are throwing him in against the Dolphins (0-4 and after this week will be 0-5)*

madvlad
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 05:41 AM
But he's not confident. Look at the guy. He can't even do an interview without sounding like Jimmy from South Park. I don't see confidence when he's in the pocket. Getting people pumped up (especially fans), does not win football games. Sure, it may bring in fans, but you show me a QB that wins games but doesn't have that Tebow energy, and it's going to generate more $$$ than Tebow and his ability to get people pumped up. Taking chances, while important, can also ruin him. The fans are so brutal here, the first time he fucks up one of those bold moves, he'll get booed off the field like they've done with the past few QB's.

True but how do you gain confidence without experience? Impossible... when I meant pumped up I was referring to the team as it reacts better and the dynamics are different when he leads the team rather than Orton thus look at the last game. He has a long way to go for sure but he has what it takes, the dude may sound like Jimmy from S.P on camera but that doesnt determine his abilities as a player. As for the fans yea brutal for sure and if the players can only focus more on the job they were hired to do as they obviously have the skill instead of being worried of what people and press hyenas might think, I'm sure things would be much different.

Scatterbrain
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Nice video Keyser. I think Tebow will be good but i gotta agree with mastap07. He's gotta hit that window just right and stop running the ball himself. Yea running himself helps alot but seriously i haven't seen him make a damn good hail mary yet that i've been proud of. That's what i want to see. Besides he's young and has nothing but room for improvement so i think he'll be great in the future. Just depends on how long the broncos want to keep him.

Keyser Soze
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 08:43 AM

What sense would it make to get rid of some kid straight outta college(heisman, maxwell, James E Sulivan, and the Obrian awards) with a ton of potential, just to go get another kid straight outta college with a ton of potential? I'd love to see Elway explain that one. Elway sucked ass his first few seasons.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Listened to the game on the radio while on the way to/from DIA.

That was painful. Sounds like many played poorly.

Got home with five minutes or so remaining in the game and shut it off to work in the garage - missing the comeback.

It will be an interesting week of Tebow discussions.

mastap07
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:22 AM
terrible game from dropped passes to balls thrown 15 feet in front of our recievers to tebow doing circles in the back field. not sure how they pulled that one off but the dophins arent a good team at all so we should have scored before the last 5 minutes of the game. if this happend while we were playing a good team the outcome would have been very different lol thanks for a good show for the last 5 minutes of regulation time and 10 minutes of OT. hopefully we can pull our heads out for next weeks game. :)

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
well from the sounds of it on the radio, Timmy wasn't the only one sucking hind tit yesterday. Fumbles, missed kicks, stupid penalties, and even some poor play calling.

tecknojoe
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I couldn't tell if Tebow just kept panicing and trying to escape immediately after he hiked the ball, or if the O-line was just getting trampled. 7 sacks, jesus

bluedogok
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM
well from the sounds of it on the radio, Timmy wasn't the only one sucking hind tit yesterday. Fumbles, missed kicks, stupid penalties, and even some poor play calling.
No he wasn't, we were listening to it on the way up there from OKC, the majority of it sounded brutal from Logan and Greise. They were lucky the Dolphins sucked more.

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 09:27 PM
http://tebowing.com/

Ezzzzy1
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 11:40 PM
The Bronkos will not get any better till the ownership gets it together. Bottom line is Tebow was not a first round pic, would have gone late second early third if Bowlen hadn't had such a hard on for the kid.

That said why the hell would you take someone in the first round, right after trading for another quarter back, and keep them on the side? Name another player that went in the first 5! rounds that is "learning" from the sidelines. His ass should have been thrown to the wolves and tested just like every other top player in the league.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Name another player that went in the first 5! rounds that is "learning" from the sidelines. His ass should have been thrown to the wolves and tested just like every other top player in the league.

Think Aaron Rogers, all star, golden boy for Green Bay did that?

Ezzzzy1
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Think Aaron Rogers, all star, golden boy for Green Bay did that?

Right you are... Rogers is a true first round pick. I guess my point is that if Tebow had gone later in the draft there would be less hype.

Either way I like watching Bronko fans squirm :lol:

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Tebow looked much better for the 1st three quarters IMO. Settled down until the 4th when he was trying to force stuff. When it's only the guy's 5th start in the NFL, can still see improvement each game.

Lynch wasn't happy with the play calling trying to figure out why the staff wouldn't call more quick short passes and give the kid a chance to succeed.

AOK303
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
when you dont have an offense or much of a defense a QB with 5 starts will always look a fool, but in the same boat Tebow is not an NFL QB, maybe if we had a bad ass running back that would open to make him an ok QB but he is a 5 year then gone QB

The Black Knight
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Tebow looked much better for the 1st three quarters IMO. Settled down until the 4th when he was trying to force stuff. When it's only the guy's 5th start in the NFL, can still see improvement each game.

Lynch wasn't happy with the play calling trying to figure out why the staff wouldn't call more quick short passes and give the kid a chance to succeed.
:wtf:

Really?? you call a 45-10 beating "looking much better??" I've got to disagree with that. Tebow looked atrocious out there and it got worse as the game went on. The only signs of life we had was probably due to Detroit letting us "feel good" about ourselves and letting up on playing hard.

Hmmm something looks weird here:
Tebow Stats:
Passing Against
Detroit - 172 yards
Miami - 161
San Diego - 79 - in for 2nd half

Orton Stats:
Passing Against
San Diego - 34 - in for 1st half
Green Bay - 273
Tennessee - 173
Cincinnati - 195
Oakland - 304

Taking the game with San Diego out of the mix because they shared it. Orton has better numbers than Tebow but still got benched. Yeah Tebow has gotten a Win but it was against a shitty team. Look what happened against a "real" team today??? Yeah, a beat down.....

Orton may not have the full backing of the team or "inspire" everyone like Tebow does. But Tebow isn't going to win any games against tough teams if he can't hit the broadside of a barn either.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM
tebow has 5 starts. Orton has how many?

The Lions started the season 5-0 and could very well go on to be a superbowl contender. Looking at Denver's score against the Lions as a referendum on Tebow's performance is just pain stupid. Also, don't forget that there's a whole team of guys around him that need to make plays and coaches that need to call plays as well.

I don't know anyone who thinks Orton is a franchise guy. But you think we should keep paying a 1st round draft pick to sit on the bench behind a non-franchise QB?

The Black Knight
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 08:01 PM
tebow has 5 starts. Orton has how many?

The Lions started the season 5-0 and could very well go on to be a superbowl contender. Looking at Denver's score against the Lions as a referendum on Tebow's performance is just pain stupid. Also, don't forget that there's a whole team of guys around him that need to make plays and coaches that need to call plays as well.

I don't know anyone who thinks Orton is a franchise guy. But you think we should keep paying a 1st round draft pick to sit on the bench behind a non-franchise QB?
Oh I understand the stats behind Orton and Tebow and yes Orton has more experience. However, I disagree with using this game as a referendum on Tebow. If anything it's a good indicator of how he'll perform against strong teams. Look the game against the Dolphins was sheer luck. It should have been won earlier but Prater missed two field goals. But see I knew this would happen as soon as he faced a team with a nasty defense.

Even Lynch made a comment during the opening kick-off about how Detroit opted to kick it away, because they wanted a piece of Tebow right away. And it did look promising during that first drive. But then the Lions got inside Tebow's head. Another thing Tebow needs to knock off is this running the ball so much. Sooner or later he's going to run into a Linebacker or Defensive Lineman that's out head hunting and he's going to get laid out bad. Scrambling for yardage every now and then is one thing. But he'll immediately bolt for daylight to often and I think he'll pay for that.

Is that something you want a "franchise" QB doing?? Getting smoked by some monster defensive person?? Mike Vick he is not and the pocket is a lot safer. Well it wasn't today, not with 8 sacks??

I agree, his team needs to step it up and play as best as possible. It would serve to help him a bunch. But when you're burning it past receivers(either behind, to far in front or over them), it's a QB issue.

I don't know, I'm not saying Orton is a franchise QB. But I don't think Tebow is either.

drago52
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Teblow looked horrible tonight. All his "good" stats were in garbage time. A very uninspiring game to watch.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM
yep, he made mistakes - typical of someone on his 5th NFL start. Many others on the team made mistakes as well. And back to my point, if you look at him objectively, you can see where the guy is learning and did some things better as compared to last week. Yea, the score sucked, but the lions are a better team. I don't know that he'll be the franchise guy yet or not, but we'll have a lot better idea by the end of the season.

To my other point, and to Lynch's, if they don't call plays he can succeed at and allow the offense to get into some kind of groove, he's just being set up to fail. It's clear that Fox doesn't care for him. So humiliate him in front of the fans who like him and the team has a clear path to move on.

The Black Knight
Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM
SUCK IT!!!! OAKLAND :doublefinger:

AOK303
Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Tebow still sucks

cbrjohnny
Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Tebow still sucks

lmao...

its not the denver tebow's

you all do know that right?

Snowman
Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I thought Te-Blows..

Zach929rr
Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Tebow will reel his slight case of hamfist in due time.

So much hate.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Nov 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
didn't get to watch with full attention as I was installing a new garbage disposal and faucet. Sounded like the whole team stepped it up a notch. Savor the win and keep improving Denver!

Scatterbrain
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 06:19 AM
How bout that Raiders game now! The worst part is he ran more than he threw. I think the team is just starting to get used to his way of throwin and starting to work as a team to win for him. Go Brancos!!

madvlad
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Loving all the bandwagon fans out there, behind Denver when it wins and talking shit whe they loose... They don't realize that Tebow is young and a rookie, not Elway. Have to give him time to adhere to the game and find himself along with the rest of the team. Based on what I saw yesterday the team is starting to come together slowly but surely and showed what they can do. Win or loose I'm with you Broncos, get em!

mastap07
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:13 AM
it was a pretty entertaining game but tebow has lots to learn just as any young QB. i was suprised how many times he got laid out and got back up. yes its ok now but it could really start to affect his performance down the road. playing 4 quarters and or more sometimes is how to beat a team. we still looked sloppy as far as some of the wabbly and overthrown balls but the defence started picking it up and finding there rhythm. it takes a team to play the game and be successful as a team. if we give tebow a little more protection it would help but he still needs to hit the range for some target practice if ya know what im saying. not to bad of a game yesterday, big props to my boy royal!

Ezzzzy1
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I smell Super Bowl!!!! Oh this is sooo exciting!

grim
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Every team in the AFC West lost this wknd except the Broncos...wow

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 08:16 AM
i'll tell you what, the raiders couldn't figure out that option hand-off at all yesterday. both Tebow and McGahee got over 100 yards rushing.

TFOGGuys
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
It was interesting to watch. When the offensive line managed to protect him, he was pretty good. When he was running for his life, he either had to run the ball or get hammered. No interceptions and a solid win. The defense definitely made the right adjustments in the second half. It helps that some of the key players are healthy again. What was up with Clady and the holding calls, though? And why weren't more of the hits on Tebow called (including the helmet to helmet hit that split his lip open)?

A lot of people on here don't remember Elway's first season, for good reason(4-6 in his rookie season).

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM
well it's about time the coaching staff found some plays that worked for the team. Get the kid some success and the game will start to slow down for him. When the game slows down and he's not running around in a panic, his reads and his accuracy will improve. He was still just under 500 yesterday something like 10 for 21 attempts.

birchyboy
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 11:22 AM
A lot of people on here don't remember Elway's first season, for good reason(4-6 in his rookie season).

You mean he's something more than just a guy that owns car dealerships and sits in the office at SA Field?

King Nothing
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I don't care who the quarterback is, I just want the Donkeys to win.

brennahm
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
It takes time no matter how you cut it. He wasn't a good QUARTERBACK his first year at FL either. However, when you speak with people who played with him he's touted as the greatest competitor.

Give him some time. Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Ginger from TCU...they're not stars either. Not everyone makes that jump immediately. I think this is looking good for Tim, wish him the best. At season's end is when the real evaluation will take place.