PDA

View Full Version : Dell Virtualization seminar at Fago de Chao

Devaclis
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Anyone else going tomorrow? I have an invite I can shoot you if you would like to attend. PM your email addy. It's from 11:30 - 1:30

Virtualization End-to-End:
From desktops to data centers

There is more to virtualization than merely the installation of servers and hypervisors.
End-to-end virtualization can assist you in the simplification of operations, consolidation of resources, improvement of productivity and security of vital enterprise data.

Allow us to show you how Citrix® and Dell™ can help you reach optimum success through virtualization by improving end-user mobility, increasing system utilization, automating data protection and disaster recovery, and enabling new levels of flexibility and agility across desktop, server and storage segments.

Register for the Virtualization End-to-End: From Desktops to Data Centers seminar and learn how you can:

• Simplify the refresh cycle for Microsoft® Windows 7 and Microsoft® Office 2010

• Virtualize desktops, applications, servers and storage for the ultimate in IT flexibility

• Architect an ideal networked storage solution for virtualized environments based on Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS Series virtualized iSCSI SAN arrays• Provide an unparalleled high-definition user experience for virtual desktops with Citrix® HDX™ technology

birchyboy
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 07:57 AM
PM'd

Sean
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I think it's Fogo de Chao, not Fago. :dunno:

(Sorry, I have nothing to actually add to the thread, just spiteful criticism)

Devaclis
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
PRIUS!

rforsythe
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Half of eBay's new cloud is Dell-based. They (and HP) are sending us custom-designed 48U racks, with either 96 servers to a rack (Dell) or 48 (HP), networking built into the sides, PDU's on the back, etc. They show up on a truck ready to run, we just roll them into position and plug in the power and several 10GB network feeds and the provisioning magic takes over (or will be soon). Something like 26kW of power per rack and ultra dense, but super cost efficient at the volume we're buying them. We've even started buying containers full of them (~2000 servers per) and just dropping the entire container on a datacenter roof with a crane, connecting power/network/cooling, and it's running in under a day.

Can't make it to this thing, but I'm curious to see how much of what we're doing is making its way into Dell's other offerings.

Ninja2
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Not sure what you're looking for, but we have an HP Storage group down here in the Springs, incl a huge HP datacenter.
If you are interested in a tour or more info, pls shoot me a PM with as many details as you can, and I can try to connect you with someone. Not my areas of expertise... .

Ninja2
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Oh, and is that the Brazilian Steakhouse? Heck, if Dell is paying, I might go!8) Great food, esp if you want a meat koma.

Devaclis
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I have virtualized many of my remote sites. No more costly desktops or laptops. Just terminals and virtual desktops. The best part is the eas of mobility. Working from home? Everything looks the same. Need to go to the airport, another country, starbucks, a client office? As long as you have an internet connection you have your virtual desktop. No need for VPN. Pretty nice from a support/admin standpoint. Makes virus remediation pretty simple too.

Yeah, this is the over-priced Brazilian steakhouse. WICKED smoked salmon :)