PDA

View Full Version : surely a repost vid

SaShWhO
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 10:58 AM
don't text n drive!1 kthanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN48za-o0VQ&feature=share

Mother Goose
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Definitely a repost. But I think the video was taken down for a while.

Nooch
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 11:12 AM
This video is the reason I keep my eyes on my mirrors at red lights and never put it in neutral til the car behind me is stopped. But yeah, its a repost. Ray William Johnson even reviewed it a few months ago on his Youtube show.

Ghost
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I missed it the first time, and not really all that glad to have seen it. Not the vid itself, but what it implies.

Despite all the speed and potential danger on the track, or the gravel and deer in the canyons, it's shit like that--being taken out through absolutely no fault of your own--is what scares me the most. Always has, still does...

Nooch
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
it's shit like that--being taken out through absolutely no fault of your own--is what scares me the most. Always has, still does...

^ THAT! +100

Ezzzzy1
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Who reposts stuff? Definitely not me....

grim
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!! I cant say that in that situation i wouldnt have punched her when she came up and touched me asking if i was ok.

MetaLord 9
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I'm less concerned about someone rear ending me than I am about someone changing lanes into me at high speed or turning in front of me. I've been far closer to biting it from those situations than someone rear ending me (knock on wood).

At least the guy was tall enough to be able to step off the bike. Not sure we shorter folk would've been as lucky

Sean
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 01:02 PM
A good reminder to always check your mirrors, have a little room between you and the car in front of you, and always try to have an "escape" route. Especially those of us that commute, it's get darker quicker (and later in the mornings) so ass-hats have even less chance of seeing you which means greater chance of rear-ending. Plus, a lot of sportbikers wear leather gear. Very few leather jackets have reflective stripping.

mastap07
Wed Oct 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm less concerned about someone rear ending me than I am about someone changing lanes into me at high speed or turning in front of me.

i agree... as a matter of fact, this morning riding to work, im doing the speen limit (40mph) on a side street behind a jeep wrangler. we are slowly passing a silver impala. as the jeep gets further away from her front bumper she desides its time for her to come over into my lane with no directional, no look in any mirror or over her shoulder. at this time i pull the clutch in, grab some thottle to let her know i am there and she continued her way over. lets just say the next 2 miles i could see her eyes in her side mirror clear as day from my brights... the worst part? i followed her into my work. a great day to start any day if you ask me! :rant: