PDA

View Full Version : Sunday ride with grim n freinds 10/16/11

grim
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Moco 0900 this sunday 10/16/11

KSU 0930

I don't care what your riding or what gear you have on just keep your head out of your ass for yours and everyone else's sake.

Destination is Devils Gulch.

sloridr
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 02:33 PM
:no: Never ever post a route on a public forum. PM it or share at meet up. Especially when posting about the pace... :slap:

Jmetz
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I've never run into an issue.

Clovis
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Grim, I'll be thinking of you as I ride up the Million dollar highway :)

Jmetz
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Thinking about meeting up with you guys at the top of GG and P2P.

grim
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Thinking about meeting up with you guys at the top of GG and P2P.

Sounds good man Pm your number and i will let you know where we are.

grim
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Grim, I'll be thinking of you as I ride up the Million dollar highway :)

As i will be thinking of you while not being on my bike for nearly as long as you in one day. Say hi to Ouray for me though!

BlueRanger
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Are sportbikes welcome? :D

grim
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Are sportbikes welcome? :D

What the hell is that?

Yes :D

Nooch
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hey Grim, Im gonna skip this group and do my own ride with the roommate I think. I was planning on keeping it low-key and it'll be one less noob on the ride for you guys. Might see you at moco though before you all head out. Have fun!

Jmetz
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM
You ladies are welcome to roll up GG with me. If it's a big group I probably won't join.

grim
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
It's me there won't be a large group trust me. Nooch if nobody shows which I'm sure people won't, we can roll together.

grim
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM
First post....whats the opposite of updated?

madvlad
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Not updated? Lol

Nooch
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 06:28 PM
It's me there won't be a large group trust me..

Lol what? Do you smell funny or something? :D

grim
Fri Oct 14th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Lol what? Do you smell funny or something? :D

you have no idea.

norcolmille
Sat Oct 15th, 2011, 08:33 PM
You should have a few more riders there by nine am

look for a silver/carbon fiber Aprilia lion
a buell xb
and a gsxr 1000

Jmetz
Sat Oct 15th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I think I'm out. My chain or something in that area is making some pretty scary noises.

madvlad
Sat Oct 15th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I think I'm out. My chain or something in that area is making some pretty scary noises.

Is it that same thing you mentioned the other day?

Jmetz
Sat Oct 15th, 2011, 10:13 PM
No this is much worse. I tried adjusting the chain to no avail. Hearing this I'm afraid to ride it.

grim
Sat Oct 15th, 2011, 11:34 PM
No this is much worse. I tried adjusting the chain to no avail. Hearing this I'm afraid to ride it.

I don't blame you if you get it fixed see you there if not prob shouldn't risk it that bike it too pretty to ruin!

for anyone else I will see you there at 9am! I will be over by the air compressor on a zx6r with all black gear and skulls everywhere.

Jmetz
Sat Oct 15th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah. I think it's the chain and I think it may be toast. I really want to ride but I'm not gonna risk it. Lame. :poo:

Radek
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:32 AM
have you checked the sprockets ? alum. sprockets wore off easy, keep the chain lubed and dont remove chain guard to keep tire free of lube

summit82
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Just got back home. Great ride today and nice to meet some new people. My condolences to those who were lucky enough to receive “performance awards” from Boulder County.

I misplaced my keys 2nd Nederland stop and lost track of you guys. Guessing the group decided to take the Boulder route while I incorrectly assumed you’d taken 119. I hope this didn’t delay anyone.

Cornfed
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Great ride today. Clean roads, light traffic that even gave us the thumbs up a couple times. Cant wait to see the video!

grim
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Gentleman even with the performance award I earned on p2p I had an absolutely fucking awesome time riding with everyone who showed up!

Devils gulch is an amazing road and I can't emphasize enough how awesome it was that there was practically no traffic everywhere we went!!

Thanks to all who rode with me, and I have some awesome footage to upload throughout the week.

madvlad
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Hwy 7 was the shit, went up and down 3 times then headed back home

grim
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Hwy 7 was the shit, went up and down 3 times then headed back home

Cornfed and myself made 7 our bitch and I have proof.

madvlad
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Cornfed and myself made 7 our bitch and I have proof.

It was a very low traffic hwy today, I had the most fun on that hwy today than ever before. We had an excellent pace on 72 heading to 7 as well.

summit82
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Devils gulch is the shit! Hwy 7, not too shabby either. Waiting for youtube videos…

Nooch
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Im home. Got cut off on 119 but we eventually made it to 36 and back to Denver just before dark. Anyone who wants to see my "phantom animal" video clip, shoot me a PM with an email address. I was right. There was nothing there. My brain just failed. :slap::gay::oops::tomato::doublefinger::think:

jslew
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Awesome day! Good to meet you guys. Even the trip home thru Boulder wasnt bad - as always plenty to look at! So Grim, what category was your award in?

grim
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Awesome day! Good to meet you guys. Even the trip home thru Boulder wasnt bad - as always plenty to look at! So Grim, what category was your award in?

Illegal passing lmao! I had the worst fucking timing I was coming uphill and pantera started playing on the iPod so I started feeling froggy. When I got to the top of the hill the lane was wide open to pass so I did and there was the sheriff making a u turn to park his car to watch traffic he saw the whole damn thing.

oh10raven
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I got a nice warning from a group of sport bikes when I was heading towards Ned on P2P, probably saved me from an award. HW7 was great, little traffic and the traffic that was there was the most motorcycle friendly I've encountered. Great weekend overall, hope we get more nice weekends like this in the coming months.

madvlad
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I got a nice warning from a group of sport bikes when I was heading towards Ned on P2P, probably saved me from an award. HW7 was great, little traffic and the traffic that was there was the most motorcycle friendly I've encountered. Great weekend overall, hope we get more nice weekends like this in the coming months.

I think I may have crossed into you on 7 today, all I saw was the all black R1 since I was moving rather fast going up, so assuming it was you lol

oh10raven
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Good chance it was, I was all black and solo. Been a while since we've rode together, need to meet up again.

madvlad
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Good chance it was, I was all black and solo. Been a while since we've rode together, need to meet up again.

Yea that was you then lol, I had the Corona jacket and white lid. Weather permitting I may do a ride this upcoming saturday if you're down.

norcolmille
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:03 PM
All good riders - smart and fast
And a great deal of fun...

I enjoyed you all
lets do it again .....

and next time I will put the knee pucks in.....I might need them

Cornfed
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:07 PM
All good riders - smart and fast
And a great deal of fun...

I enjoyed you all
lets do it again .....

and next time I will put the knee pucks in.....I might need them

Wait til u see the latest episode of "Grim Productions".

bornwildnfree
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:16 PM
It was really good to see you guys even if it was me passing you while you were stopped on the side of the road. Today was an awesome day to ride and 7 was fucking amazing.

madvlad
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:25 PM
It was really good to see you guys even if it was me passing you while you were stopped on the side of the road. Today was an awesome day to ride and 7 was fucking amazing.

And I think I crossed you guys on my way home on coal creek right by that bar before going into the sharp part of the twisties there.

grim
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:28 PM

Yea I actually started laughing as soon as I knew it was you thinking "she sees us motorcycle hooligans on the side of the road with three sheriff vehicles" Then to top it off you honked at us I feel bad for not lifting up my shirt and flashing you to earn that honking!

grim
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Wait til u see the latest episode of "Grim Productions".

There will be one video that will feature cornfed and myself only and some epic fucking riding skills!

Spiderman
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Did the cops ask if we were with you?

Chris
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I spent all afternoon riding, gg cayon to p2p turned around and rode P2P to central city pkwy, then squaw pass from idaho springs, awesome weather and road conditions hope next weekend is the same.

Could someone PM me the location of Devils Gulch please, need to check that out.

deadline
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Yesterday was awesome... today was a bit cold

grim
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Did the cops ask if we were with you?

No they were too busy lecturing me. :lol:

Cornfed
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 06:28 AM
No they were too busy lecturing me. :lol:

You dont know what Ive seen. You ever picked up a helmet and found someones decapitated head inside! Well I have and its none too pretty. These things are death machines! :scream2:
OK Daddy, can I just have the ticket and get on down the mountain. I promise as soon as I get home Ill get this death machine on Craigslist and get back into my nice safe cage where nothing bad can happen to me. Thanks for the lecture, Melvin.
:poo:

What the hell was he saying about have a Doctrate in sumthin?

grim
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 06:44 AM
You dont know what Ive seen. You ever picked up a helmet and found someones decapitated head inside! Well I have and its none too pretty. These things are death machines! :scream2:
OK Daddy, can I just have the ticket and get on down the mountain. I promise as soon as I get home Ill get this death machine on Craigslist and get back into my nice safe cage where nothing bad can happen to me. Thanks for the lecture, Melvin.
:poo:

What the hell was he saying about have a Doctrate in sumthin?

Not doctorate, masters degree he was asking if any of us had one. I said "no we just need an endorsement to ride no degree required" He said "well I have one so shit doesn't go over my head smartass"

madvlad
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Well maybe he wouldnt need to lecture if you don't give Melvin reasons to pimp lol

Sean
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Bummer about the ticket. Still cheaper than crashing! :up:

Not doctorate, masters degree he was asking if any of us had one. I said "no we just need an endorsement to ride no degree required" He said "well I have one so shit doesn't go over my head smartass"
:wtf:

:jerkoff:
Some cops (and people with grad degrees) are f'ing arrogant pricks.

BC14
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Bummer about the ticket. Still cheaper than crashing! :up:

:wtf:

:jerkoff:
Some cops (and people with grad degrees) are f'ing arrogant pricks.
Don't need a degree to be an arrogant prick :D

Liv4Twisties
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Wish I would have been able to start the day with you all, sounds like you had a blast! Pesky work.
It was a grate time on the side of the road with you and the three Sherrif's though!
I ran GG to P2P to Lyons before I met up with you all, not bad but I ran into a lot of sherrif's which made my ride a bit slower than I like. Can't wait to see the videos from the day.
I would like to ride with you all again.

Thrill Hill
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Did you double yellow right in front of the Sheriff?

grim
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Not right in front of him he was turning around getting ready to park from the opposite direction and he just barely saw me.

grim
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 06:09 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!!!! I finally just watched the gopro video when I go pulled over and guess what??? I actually made a legal pass on the white truck in fact according to the go pro the sheriff never even saw me pass the truck!! The lines were on my side when i passed the truck!!!

longrider
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 06:16 PM
It sounds to me like you have a solid defense when you go to court. Just print a couple stills showing you passing while legal and that should take care of it. I would probably bring the whole video anyway but you should not need it. BTW, I would burn it to DVD, the court might frown on you bringing a camera into court.

Cornfed
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 06:44 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!!!! I finally just watched the gopro video when I go pulled over and guess what??? I actually made a legal pass on the white truck in fact according to the go pro the sheriff never even saw me pass the truck!! The lines were on my side when i passed the truck!!!

:up:

Heater
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I'm almost positive that was us. Saw you solo on the Raven, reminded me of another bike.
One in our group passed 3 cars on a double yellow as a truck was coming opposite direction. Truck turned out to be sheriff. He slowed, but didn't turn. Another sheriff passed 5 minutes later but we were behaving. Guess it was shift change.

grim
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Guess it was shift change.

JKOL can show you the ticket that proves shift change doesn't mean shit!

:lol:

Heater
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM
JKOL can show you the ticket that proves shift change doesn't mean shit!

Guess he can consider himself lucky then that the cop wasn't going to be a dick and decided to let it slide.

Nooch
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Funny you said that cuz I watched my gopro footage too and I was never closer than 1.5 seconds to the car I was supposedly tailgating. I emailed a law office and explained my situation to them to see if I have a solid defense on this. Whats your court date? Mine's January 9.

madvlad
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Go pro's making a stand up on court rooms... Take that judge Judy! Lol

grim
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Funny you said that cuz I watched my gopro footage too and I was never closer than 1.5 seconds to the car I was supposedly tailgating. I emailed a law office and explained my situation to them to see if I have a solid defense on this. Whats your court date? Mine's January 9.

Jan 9th as well lol

supertune
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 01:55 PM
that was a good day sorry i couldn't continue with to collect another "performance" award

grim
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM
that was a good day sorry i couldn't continue with to collect another "performance" award

Yea you would have gotten one also that's for damn sure.

supertune
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Yea you would have gotten one also that's for damn sure.

yeah and im running 4 years straight with None zip nada!:puppy:

supertune
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM
bump. "winter wounderland ride" / i (heart) tree ride this sunday right?

grim
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 09:22 AM
bump. "winter wounderland ride" / i (heart) tree ride this sunday right?

I will make a new thread.