PDA

View Full Version : Possible Job offer in Tampa, FL,, what do you guys think about the area?

RajunCajun
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 01:06 AM
A good buddy calls and wants me to work for him in Tampa. It's a pretty good job, probably paying close to the engineering job that laid me off in Denver. It has great prospects for fast promotions. I've never been to Tampa but hear it's a great place. Give me the down-low.

Jmetz
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 01:11 AM
You're asking a bunch of people from Colorado to tell all about life in Tampa Florida?

RajunCajun
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 01:15 AM
You're asking a bunch of people from Colorado to tell all about life in Tampa Florida?

Yup! There are people here form everwhere. Actually, there are more people here from other states than from CO so think about it, it makes sense:D

Wrider
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 01:27 AM
It's the land of the stretched, slammed, wide-tired Busas and Big Ninjas... Mainly because they don't have twisty roads. And they have hurricanes. But on the plus side, once the blown-over palm trees are cleared, you can ride year-round.

RajunCajun
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 01:41 AM
It's the land of the stretched, slammed, wide-tired Busas and Big Ninjas... Mainly because they don't have twisty roads. And they have hurricanes. But on the plus side, once the blown-over palm trees are cleared, you can ride year-round.

Since I'd actually be makeing pretty good $, I could get another bike. I want a speed triple and think it would be a blast to ride year round, around town, like when I lived in AZ.

brennahm
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Tampa is one of two places I'd live if I had to move back to FL. It's a decent sized city without the Miami-nonsense but still has big festivals and major sports. If you're into the ocean or at least fishing, there's plenty of opportunities. It's got the aquariums, museums, etc.

Personally, I will make every attempt to not have to return to FL, but I don't like the humidity, the prevalence of old people and ignorance, and I'm not a huge fan of water activities/sports. If you can take the weather, it is possible to avoid the idiots, and lots of people ARE into water stuff. You could do a lot worse.

Graphite675
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I'm from Melbourne (straight across on the other coast). Tampa is not a bad area at all. Hurricanes are not a worry and rarely(almost never) go near that area so I wouldn't worry about that. It is a big city so it has all your big city problems just like everyone else. Traffic, crime, etc.

Florida in general is Hot, and very very humid so be prepared for that. Riding in gear during the summer is like sitting in a sauna. You'll find yourself looking for hobbies that involve water to stay cool. Florida also has lot's of bugs. Ants, roaches, fly's, mesquites, love bugs, snakes, etc.

On the up side the cost of living in Florida is much much cheaper then here so your dollar is going to go a lot further. Housing, car, taxes are all much cheaper. The housing market down there is in deep shit so you can pick up a really nice house very very cheap compared to here.

Any other questions let me know.

JP

UglyDogRacing
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I grew up in Tampa. Lived there 16 years. I agree with everything brennahm said. I only go back to visit the parents and I can't wait to come back here. But if I was required to move back to FL, that would be the only city I would live in again.

RCStylin'
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:30 AM
My wife's father lives about an hour from there and we've been down together about 5 or 6 times in the last few years. I've lived in Little Rock, AR, and here in Fort Collins. Florida reminds me of the living in the south without the racist bullshit. You've still got the trailer parks, giant advertising signs everywhere, strip malls, and a low intelligence quotient, but I really didn't get that there were many racist people...might have missed that part though. I do like going down there because I love everything about the water, and there's a lot down there. There are absolutely no twisty roads, but there's a ton of fishing and fresh seafood. Oh...and old people.

I wouldn't move there, but if you had to I guess it wouldn't be so bad for a while anyway.

Devaclis
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I lived and worked in Tampa and the Tampa area for quite a while. Tampa is why I now live in Colorado. I HATED it. The traffic is horrendous every single day of the week. From 5 a.m. until 7 or 8 p.m.. The old people, the tourists, the gang banger dickheads anywhere around Dale Mabry are only a small part of what I cannot stand about Tampa. The humidity is oppressive. Sure, you can find a place to stay for pretty cheap but you get the spiders, cholos, and gunshots to go with that price.

The only redeeming qualities I found in Tampa the entire time I lived there are the nudie bars and the Channel Side/Ybor City nightlife. But then again, you have to deal with the traffic, the old people, the gang banger dickheads....

I will never go back. For any amount of money. If you think this a non-standard viewpoint ask the Pie. She lived there for 30 years.

LivingPools
Sun Oct 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Another FL refugee here, about 10 years in the Tampa area. You guys covered everything I would have said :) Double-plus to everyone who said "If I didn't have family there, I'd never go back".

I wonder if riding dirt/off-road would make up for the dull and dangerous street riding. A high-paying job and cheap cost-of-living would make it tempting for me, even if you can't find a decent espresso any damn where in the area.

RajunCajun
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I lived most of my life in south Louisiana and HATED many things about the south, with a couple of the biggies being, the humidity, and all of dumbasses. I’ve been struggling to find work and want nothing more than to live in Colorado but this job could pay pretty big and could definitely lead to pretty bad ass career in my field. The thought of moving back to the south kind of makes me want to puke but I could have a lot of fun making that kind of money.

Thanks for all of the info! I expected to get most of the comments that I got but even if I’d be down there for a few years, the job would be worth it.

mdub
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Visit busche gardens twice. Nice place to visit.

Scatterbrain
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I think it'd be nice. Just move inland enough to maybe decrease the risk of the storms.

brennahm
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I think it'd be nice. Just move inland enough to maybe decrease the risk of the storms.

:think:

UglyDogRacing
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM

Inland is horrible. Unless your living on the beach or intercoastal($$$$), you will not have to worry about flooding from the storms. If you decide to live that close to the water, make sure your place is on stilts. I lived a block from the water on Indian Rocks Beach from 94-96 and there were a couple times we were able to ride our jet skis down our street.
The wind from the big storms will hit you regardless if your on the coast or inland.
I remember visiting my aunt and uncle in Groveland, about an hour north of Orlando, and saying to myself why the hell would anyone live here?

DorJammer
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I am in the same dam boat!

Just got a offer just south of 6 figures.

Move to Tampa or Orlando, my choice

paid move, all expenses covered, including packing and closing, and realtor fees with 1 point paid by the company all fees covered both sides selling and buying

You can buy a dam 1700 sq ft house with a swimming pool for $100K

I love to fish

I am still trying to figure out whether to do it

dchd1130
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM
The strip clubs in Tampa are freaking awesome...

UglyDogRacing
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Mons Venus

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hooray-boobs.gif

McVaaahhh
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Elliot,

My advice to you - TAKE THE FRIGGEN JOB!!!

I never thought I would leave Denver, but I can tell you from experience that being employed somewhere else is sooo much better than being unemployed and broke in Denver.

You never know until you experience it. For every city in the country some people love it and some people hate it. there are a lot worse places to move to than Tampa so go for the new experience and do what you have to do now. You can always look for work in Denver later.

Just my $0.02

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Huh? What about that Army job? Didn't you sign up?

Clovis
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Dexter takes place in Florida so watch out for the serial killers :)

I love CO and I don't want to live anywhere else, but if I was in your position I would take it in a second.

bulldog
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Go wherever you cute GF tells you to go! :lol:

Devaclis
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 01:44 PM

Hillsborough County has a 6 foot rule. "Dancers" can no longer come within 6 feet of a customer. Tampa nudie bars are not even close to what they once were. You need to go to Cheetahs down in St. Pete to get any good action nowadays.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hillsborough County has a 6 foot rule. "Dancers" can no longer come within 6 feet of a customer. Tampa nudie bars are not even close to what they once were. You need to go to Cheetahs down in St. Pete to get any good action nowadays.

Dana, do you remember the days when they did the friction dances? :eyebrows:

DorJammer
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 02:40 PM
OK

first comment;
You guys are frickin PIGS. Jumpin Jeezus you do not move someplace because of the hot stripper action.

Second thoughyt;
take the dam job! are you out of your frickin mind? Hell I have great job here and am very inclined to jump all over it..no job? no brainer!

Pigs, everyone of you

Dietrich_R1
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Even though the strip clubs down there are world renowned... It's more important that all these girls will be @ the beach tanning themselves w/ hot friends!!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 04:25 PM
another vote for strippers

and what McVaa said

willb003
Mon Oct 17th, 2011, 08:19 PM
BLAH I'm glad I left FL.

Hated it. granted I was on the east coast side, I dont think I'll ever go back even for a vacation....

RajunCajun
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I am in the same dam boat!

Just got a offer just south of 6 figures.

Move to Tampa or Orlando, my choice

paid move, all expenses covered, including packing and closing, and realtor fees with 1 point paid by the company all fees covered both sides selling and buying

You can buy a dam 1700 sq ft house with a swimming pool for $100K

I love to fish

I am still trying to figure out whether to do it

I'm not expecting 6 figures but close and maybe 6 in time. So, it's a no brainer if I get an offer. Right now it's just the PM trying to get me through the system.

I lived and worked in Tampa and the Tampa area for quite a while. Tampa is why I now live in Colorado. I HATED it. The traffic is horrendous every single day of the week. From 5 a.m. until 7 or 8 p.m.. The old people, the tourists, the gang banger dickheads anywhere around Dale Mabry are only a small part of what I cannot stand about Tampa. The humidity is oppressive. Sure, you can find a place to stay for pretty cheap but you get the spiders, cholos, and gunshots to go with that price.

The only redeeming qualities I found in Tampa the entire time I lived there are the nudie bars and the Channel Side/Ybor City nightlife. But then again, you have to deal with the traffic, the old people, the gang banger dickheads....

I will never go back. For any amount of money. If you think this a non-standard viewpoint ask the Pie. She lived there for 30 years.

I HEAR YOU BRO!!! I feel the same way and could be making bank in LA but would rather kill myself.

Big +!!

Elliot,

My advice to you - TAKE THE FRIGGEN JOB!!!

I never thought I would leave Denver, but I can tell you from experience that being employed somewhere else is sooo much better than being unemployed and broke in Denver.

You never know until you experience it. For every city in the country some people love it and some people hate it. there are a lot worse places to move to than Tampa so go for the new experience and do what you have to do now. You can always look for work in Denver later.

Just my $0.02

I agree, Brian!!

Huh? What about that Army job? Didn't you sign up?

Actually, Frank, I did. I'm not REALLY obligated to go, unilt I report to basic training, if I accept a job offer. I haven't heard that from the horse's mouth but I talked to a Veterans Affairs guy with the state and he confirmed that. I still might, because this is a 3 month project but the project manager tells me that there are PLENTY of projects for at least 4 years. If I still want to enlist, I can. If not, I have a great chance to make some real money and advance to some pretty cool positions.

Go wherever you cute GF tells you to go! :lol:

Well, I asked her to marry me about 10 days ago and she said yes. I thought everything was great then she freaked out and left. I haven't talked to her in about a week. I'm pretty devistated but life goes on...

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Sorry bro. All the more reason to go assemble a harem in sunny Tampa.

bulldog
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Well, I asked her to marry me about 10 days ago and she said yes. I thought everything was great then she freaked out and left. I haven't talked to her in about a week. I'm pretty devistated but life goes on... Holy shit man, I am sorry to hear that. Woman are freakin crazy if you ask me! I've been through so much shit with women and I had a exwife leave me with very little warning too and know how rough that can be. Stay strong man, and if you need to kick it or talk hit me up anytime.

And yeah, maybe this would be a good change for you. Plus go make tons of money and make her feel stupid for leaving when she finds out how successful you are!

Devaclis
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Dana, do you remember the days when they did the friction dances? :eyebrows:

Ummm, what do you mean? (looks around to see if Pie is here)

Yepper. Mons and 2001 were the best joints in town back in the day. Even the Tanga Lounge on the Courtney Campbell Causway was the tits. Pardon the pun.

eg bter
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Tampa is nice, my dad lives there.

Slo
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Mons Venus

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hooray-boobs.gif

+1.....and don't ask me how I know :)

If it were me, I wouldn't even think of this as a choice, I would take the job. I would love to move back to Florida, especially Tampa!!! No, there aren't any twisties but you can still get out year round very comfortably.

Humidity is pretty bad, but you will acclimatize to it over time. Take special care of your vehicles, they tend to rust pretty quick there. If you are married or taking a gf with you, beware of plenty of eye candy.

dapper
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I still might, because this is a 3 month project but the project manager tells me that there are PLENTY of projects for at least 4 years. If I still want to enlist, I can. If not, I have a great chance to make some real money and advance to some pretty cool positions.

I would agree with the others and suggest taking the position, when it's offered. I have never been to Tampa, FL.

Devaclis
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I've never been to hell either but I would not go just for money. Money does not mean dick if you are getting stabbed, spending 3 hours a day commuting, can't enjoy your downtime, or are simply misserable.

I've been offered almost 3 times what I am making now to work in Tampa/Clearwater. Based on what I stated in my origional post I am still here, in Denver. Life is not all about money and work. Hell, it is not even half about money and work. If yours is, I'm sorry for your loss. Work as little as you can for as much as you can so you can enjoy being alive.

dapper
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Dana, your hitting the nail on the head. Life is not all about money and work.
That's why it's good that Elliot is asking others.
Hell, I'm learning about your experience of Tampa.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Some people do like to stab in Florida. I avoided one of those moments in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

dchd1130
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
OK

first comment;
You guys are frickin PIGS. Jumpin Jeezus you do not move someplace because of the hot stripper action.

Second thoughyt;
take the dam job! are you out of your frickin mind? Hell I have great job here and am very inclined to jump all over it..no job? no brainer!

Pigs, everyone of you

Its obvious you have never been there, or you wouldn't be saying that.

Devaclis
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Dana, your hitting the nail on the head. Life is not all about money and work.
That's why it's good that Elliot is asking others.
Hell, I'm learning about your experience of Tampa.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Some people do like to stab in Florida. I avoided one of those moments in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

lol Dan, don't go to Tampa! You'll get shanked with a shiv! or shived with a shank, I forget which one.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that Elliot. Check your PM's bro.

thaitanic
Tue Oct 18th, 2011, 11:15 PM
A good buddy calls and wants me to work for him in Tampa. It's a pretty good job, probably paying close to the engineering job that laid me off in Denver. It has great prospects for fast promotions. I've never been to Tampa but hear it's a great place. Give me the down-low.????? what ever happen to your soldier aspiration??

RajunCajun
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 03:42 AM
????? what ever happen to your soldier aspiration??

So I still have a desire to serve and haven't decided to not to,, not yet. I am currently enlisted in the Army delayed entry program. Basically, if I decide that I don't want to go to boot(which I haven't done yet), I would have to request to be released by the Army by writing a letter giving my reasons. I'm not an expert but from what I've read and been told by a Denver Unemployement Veterens Affairs rep, the Army really doesn't fight you on that. They apparently don't want people that have changed their mind or decided that they won't be happy in the Army. This applies only for delayed entry, not someone aready in boot.

My thing is that I'm going to find it hard to turn down a job that pays over double what would make as an E4 in the Army and could easily lead to 6 figures in the next couple years, actually doing what I went to school to do. Some of you guys say the money isn't worth it. I'm a laid off engineer working as a night hospital securty guard. I didn't get a 4 year degree to be stuck working graveyeard shifts, making $12/hour. I'm sick and tired of truggling for work and bieng broke. It's worth it for me at this point to leave CO even though I love it here. I need to get my carreer back on track and I just can't pass up a decent oportunity.

(( LO LO ))
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 05:24 PM
So I still have a desire to serve and haven't decided to not to,, not yet. I am currently enlisted in the Army delayed entry program. Basically, if I decide that I don't want to go to boot(which I haven't done yet), I would have to request to be released by the Army by writing a letter giving my reasons. I'm not an expert but from what I've read and been told by a Denver Unemployement Veterens Affairs rep, the Army really doesn't fight you on that. They apparently don't want people that have changed their mind or decided that they won't be happy in the Army. This applies only for delayed entry, not someone aready in boot.

My thing is that I'm going to find it hard to turn down a job that pays over double what would make as an E4 in the Army and could easily lead to 6 figures in the next couple years, actually doing what I went to school to do. Some of you guys say the money isn't worth it. I'm a laid off engineer working as a night hospital securty guard. I didn't get a 4 year degree to be stuck working graveyeard shifts, making $12/hour. I'm sick and tired of truggling for work and bieng broke. It's worth it for me at this point to leave CO even though I love it here. I need to get my carreer back on track and I just can't pass up a decent oportunity.

Wow! Didn't you know if you apply yourself in the Army, you could be making 6 figures in no time. You have the skills to go Warrant Officer, you just need the experience first. And the Army is a guaranteed career, not hit or miss depending on projects available. My sisters friend joined the Reserve because he was and engineer for some contractor at Sandia Labs. Well, the contractor decided to let some guys go, and he was one of them. He holds 2 Masters degrees, and has gobs of experience building classified weapons, but can't find a full time job now. If he would of gone active duty instead of Reserve, he would still have a job, health insurance, TSP, $400,000 life insurance, etc. He could of easily dropped a Warrant Officer packet in no time. Just my .02 cents. BTW, I almost make $70,000 a year as an E-7 recruiter w/15 years of service. Many people don't realize that the pay charts online are just your base pay, and doesn't include other entitlements we get monthly, like BAH (housing), BAS (subsistence), SDP (special duty pay)which varies by job, among other incentives. The military is not the poor man's free ride like yesteryear. High School teachers freak when they find out how much I make a year for what I do. People have no idea... Ignorance runs rampant sometimes with alot of folks in our communities.

thaitanic
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Wow! Didn't you know if you apply yourself in the Army, you could be making 6 figures in no time. You have the skills to go Warrant Officer, you just need the experience first. And the Army is a guaranteed career, not hit or miss depending on projects available. My sisters friend joined the Reserve because he was and engineer for some contractor at Sandia Labs. Well, the contractor decided to let some guys go, and he was one of them. He holds 2 Masters degrees, and has gobs of experience building classified weapons, but can't find a full time job now. If he would of gone active duty instead of Reserve, he would still have a job, health insurance, TSP, $400,000 life insurance, etc. He could of easily dropped a Warrant Officer packet in no time. Just my .02 cents. BTW, I almost make $70,000 a year as an E-7 recruiter w/15 years of service. Many people don't realize that the pay charts online are just your base pay, and doesn't include other entitlements we get monthly, like BAH (housing), BAS (subsistence), SDP (special duty pay)which varies by job, among other incentives. The military is not the poor man's free ride like yesteryear. High School teachers freak when they find out how much I make a year for what I do. People have no idea... Ignorance runs rampant sometimes with alot of folks in our communities.....LOLO, i always said you make too much and have too much money!.i see that you got rid of gixxer for a bimmer.

RajunCajun
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Wow! Didn't you know if you apply yourself in the Army, you could be making 6 figures in no time. You have the skills to go Warrant Officer, you just need the experience first. And the Army is a guaranteed career, not hit or miss depending on projects available. My sisters friend joined the Reserve because he was and engineer for some contractor at Sandia Labs. Well, the contractor decided to let some guys go, and he was one of them. He holds 2 Masters degrees, and has gobs of experience building classified weapons, but can't find a full time job now. If he would of gone active duty instead of Reserve, he would still have a job, health insurance, TSP, $400,000 life insurance, etc. He could of easily dropped a Warrant Officer packet in no time. Just my .02 cents. BTW, I almost make $70,000 a year as an E-7 recruiter w/15 years of service. Many people don't realize that the pay charts online are just your base pay, and doesn't include other entitlements we get monthly, like BAH (housing), BAS (subsistence), SDP (special duty pay)which varies by job, among other incentives. The military is not the poor man's free ride like yesteryear. High School teachers freak when they find out how much I make a year for what I do. People have no idea... Ignorance runs rampant sometimes with alot of folks in our communities.

I hear you, but it's not just that simple. There are a lot of factors that drive a person's life and it isn't just money. Although I believe that anyone that says money can't buy you happiness hasn't spent a whole lot of time too poor to afford to pay for their rent and to watch those you love suffer because you can't pay the bills. I don't know how much you make a year but obviously you are happy with the terms of that job and the salary. I don't think it's a bad gig,,, or a bad deal. I just don't know if I want to sacrifice the things I'd have to sacrifice to do it. Fuck, at this point, I don't know much of anything! I feel like my whole fucking life just got thrown into the tumble cycle. I'm just trying to figure it all out...... I appreciate the words of wisdom!

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Whatever you do, don't move across the country b/c you're broken hearted about a girl. If she didn't wanna be with you then she's not worth moving across the country to get away from.

Devaclis
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Elliot, you don't need a new job, you need a new direction. Good luck man. There are some great tihngs out there for you. Go find them.

RajunCajun
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 03:33 AM
Thanks again guys. If I move it would be for two reasons. The first being that I can't pay bills without money. This state is just not working with me. I've been turning away from $ opportunities all over the country waiting for something to turn up here and it just hasn't.

The second reason is that as much as I love this place, pretty much everything I see pisses me off these days. It might be a little easier somewhere else, at least for a while.

thaitanic
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 08:24 PM
denver is not so great city, if you dont have a job to support yourself. take the job in tampa. world doesnt evolve around denver or colorado.. im sure you will find something you like about tampa in time, give tampa a chance. you never know whats out there.

RajunCajun
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 12:47 AM
denver is not so great city, if you dont have a job to support yourself. take the job in tampa. world doesnt evolve around denver or colorado.. im sure you will find something you like about tampa in time, give tampa a chance. you never know whats out there.

At this point I'm waiting for an offer. I'm not sure if or when that will happen. I'll be applying to a few other things but I'm going to take what I can get. If that means Tampa, I guess I'll have to get rid of some of this bear rug on my chest, lol! If it means Denver, cool. Chicks here dig the burley look:) Either way, I need to make some money and be able to support myself.

BigD
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 06:49 AM
My $.02
I just moved here from Tampa about a year ago. Tampa is alright and there is crime no matter what state you go to. Now I’m not a huge fan of Florida but IMHO any place is what you make of it.
Pros:
No state tax, lower vehicle registration, weather (if you like hot and humid). There are probably more just can’t think of them right now.

Cons:
Lots of motorcycle thefts, weather (if you hate hot and humid), taxes on everything else, more motorcycle deaths (that maybe due to more motorcycles), cagers trying to kill you, huge bugs, large wasps and that shit never dies (no real winter, but does get very cold for about two months)

To me Tampa was kind of like Denver with lots of water and no mountains. The costs of living are about the same.

Anything else you want to know just ask.

D

RajunCajun
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 05:21 AM
My $.02
I just moved here from Tampa about a year ago. Tampa is alright and there is crime no matter what state you go to. Now I’m not a huge fan of Florida but IMHO any place is what you make of it.
Pros:
No state tax, lower vehicle registration, weather (if you like hot and humid). There are probably more just can’t think of them right now.

Cons:
Lots of motorcycle thefts, weather (if you hate hot and humid), taxes on everything else, more motorcycle deaths (that maybe due to more motorcycles), cagers trying to kill you, huge bugs, large wasps and that shit never dies (no real winter, but does get very cold for about two months)

To me Tampa was kind of like Denver with lots of water and no mountains. The costs of living are about the same.

Anything else you want to know just ask.

D

From growing up in Louisiana, I would expect most of that. I think it's a city that I could have pretty good time in.