PDA

View Full Version : DECKER, FOXTON, CO RD 96???

HOTCARCASS
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Is co rd 96 paved? If so is it paved into deckers? Any info is appreciated

Sean
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Looking at google maps, I'd say it's dirt.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Is co rd 96 paved? If so is it paved into deckers? Any info is appreciated

Nope but it's fine on a dual sport..

bulldog
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM
If it is the one I am thinking isn't some of it paved till you get closer to Deckers and then it turns to dirt?

UglyDogRacing
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
If it is the one I am thinking isn't some of it paved till you get closer to Deckers and then it turns to dirt?

It goes from the church on 126 in Buffalo Creek and follows the S. Platte until it connects with 67. Hwy 67 going east from the Deckers Store is paved for ways but it eventually turns to dirt.

HOTCARCASS
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Cool Thanks. I am not versed on the roads in that area. I plan to spend the weekend ridding around and learning some new roads.

Bashed
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:58 AM
From Hwy 285 Foxton RD is paved till it gets to the Platte River. A very nice road starting down a large valley and then it starts tightening up and then drops one into the actual Platte River Valley. Then one has two choices, right to the actual town of Foxton, Rd 96, and then continueing to Buffalo Creek, is very hard packed gravel/asphalt. Left at the Platte River is called Rd 97, or Platte River Rd, and it is mixed sections of deteriated asphalt patches till the Platte River Motel, then pretty much gravel to Deckers. Both are doable on a sportbike, but some people don't like thier bike sliding under them on the gravel, and stick to the asphalt.
I don't reccomend staying @ the PR Motel, kinda outdated, lol.
Anything else?

Zach929rr
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I prefer Elk Creek to Foxton, especially if you want to stop at the Buck for a beer and burger.