PDA

View Full Version : IMI Sunday the 23rd.

Cornfed
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 07:36 PM
So based on the chatter on madvlad's "last canyon ride thread" it looks like there is some interest in hitting IMI. I cant stress enough to all of you. The track is safer, more fun, no cops, no deer, no cars, no sand, no distractions. Just the ability to push to YOUR individual limits to try and improve your riding ability both on the street and on the track. IMI is slow, top speed down the back straight is about 80mph a liter bike, and very tight, just like every road we love in the canyons. IMI tech inspection is nonexistent, I think you have to have a helmet and a jacket, that's it. Its $35 for the day and absolutely the best way to improve your riding ability. Its great for the veterans and even better for the Noobs. Im happy to help any one who is interested or has questions.

http://imimotorsports.com/

grim
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 07:37 PM
You son of a bitch :lol: I was just about to make a thread for this!! oh wells I'm in IMI on Sunday since you are 5 minutes from me we can ride up there together if you infect plan to ride there!

grim
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Not to mention I would like to learn the way of the track! IM FUCKIN STOKED!!!!!

Bueller
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Got damit! Wife's family in town.......new race bike...........GOT Dammit all to hell!

Cornfed
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Not to mention I would like to learn the way of the track! IM FUCKIN STOKED!!!!!

Sweet! :bananna:

Um, Ill probably throw the bike in the back of my pick up and drive up. Id offer to take yours too but the S10 doesnt have room for two.

madvlad
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I may make this

Repsol a095
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I think I am in for this!

Nooch
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Cant do it this Sunday =(

But I have a question...karts and bikes are allowed on the track at the same time?

Cornfed
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Cant do it this Sunday =(

But I have a question...karts and bikes are allowed on the track at the same time?

No, they alternate them. Usually the bikes have the track to themselves with the occasional interruption by 20 min of carts.

duelist13
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I'm probably in for this one, hopefully it's not too cold since my tires are getting dry.

duelist13
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Got damit! Wife's family in town.......new race bike...........GOT Dammit all to hell!

Don't worry Bueller, just bring them to the track and show them what you can do :D

grim
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:34 PM

Sounds like you need to start thinking of excuses to go to the track

grim
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Sweet! :bananna:

Um, Ill probably throw the bike in the back of my pick up and drive up. Id offer to take yours too but the S10 doesnt have room for two.

The ninja won't fit in the fusion so unless someone going has a trailer and is willing to slum me up there with them i shall be riding there.

duelist13
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:38 PM
The ninja won't fit in the fusion so unless someone going has a trailer and is willing to slum me up there with them i shall be riding there.

Riding there isn't a bad idea, just don't crash :oops:.

green_zx7r
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm......
Might be in for this if no plans with the family.

Especially if Mr. R1 track king Patrick is going!

madvlad
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:41 PM

explosive diarrhea won't work for this one lol

WolFeYeZ
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Riding there isn't a bad idea, just don't crash :oops:.

Yea Grim, there is a gravel road getting there. Your favorite right? :)

Nooch
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
On second thought, I might come out just to watch everyone in action. Bike is in the shop though. Grim, you should bring your suction cup mount, maybe someone can use my GoPro for a mashup video between two sets of footage!

Repsol a095
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm......
Might be in for this if no plans with the family.

Especially if Mr. R1 track king Patrick is going!

Yusuke, now you have me really excited if you are going to be there! I think I may start counting the seconds.

I hope you come; it would be great to see you. I just got permission from the wife, so I will be there.

grim
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Yea Grim, there is a gravel road getting there. Your favorite right? :)

Only when the wife is on the back and there are teenagers there to get in my way.

Oh and :doublefinger: you buddy :doublefinger: you! :lol:

grim
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:09 PM
On second thought, I might come out just to watch everyone in action. Bike is in the shop though. Grim, you should bring your suction cup mount, maybe someone can use my GoPro for a mashup video between two sets of footage!

I shall have all of my GoPro accessories and my GoPro there, anyone who wants to get footage of me chasing them, them chasing me, or acting like an ass hat and crashing is more than welcome i would be happy to make a video for you. I am uploading me chasing Cornfed to You Tube right now!

madvlad
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Only when the wife is on the back and there are teenagers there to get in my way.

Oh and :doublefinger: you buddy :doublefinger: you! :lol:

So angry...

grim
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:12 PM
So angry...

No No that was with love sent all the way to Europe or wherever the hell he is.

madvlad
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Hahaha CSC love ftw... No homo love btw

LambeauXLIV
Wed Oct 19th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Sooo very tempted...Although the 1.5 hour ride sucked last time....stupid Cheyenne...

Edit: Just got the go-ahead from the wife...and I'll probably be stealing her bike too (I need new rubber)

Bueller
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I have the most understanding wife on earth and I have already dropped the hint so I am more likely than not at this point.

grim
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I have the most understanding wife on earth and I have already dropped the hint so I am more likely than not at this point.

Key words "at this point" :lol:

stubbicatt
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Perhaps I will come along if for no other reason than to watch.

Jmetz
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Debating on bringing the YZ out and doing some dirt since she is still sitting in the garage..

Matty
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
the WR is throwing a check engine light and the Duc is too much for that track.. but i might come out and chill for a lil.

tecknojoe
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM

I'll go brake it in for you man, I got your back :up:

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Would have liked to show up for some track time, alas my schedule has been filled for me on Sunday.

My drz is so ronery.

Cornfed
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Ill be driving up with the bike in the back of the pick up. Ill have a cooler of water, 2 gas cans, and normal track day stuff. I know most of you who said they are going are riding up so if anybody needs something taken up for them Id be happy to help.

grim
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Ill be driving up with the bike in the back of the pick up. Ill have a cooler of water, 2 gas cans, and normal track day stuff. I know most of you who said they are going are riding up so if anybody needs something taken up for them Id be happy to help.

will prob throw my tank bag in your truck

Bueller
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I'll go brake it in for you man, I got your back :up:
Looks like my awesome wife is going to give me a pass for Sunday so I can take care of it myself. She is only upset that her shoulder won't be up to it or she would be out there too. Now that is my definition of hawt!

Cornfed
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Looks like my awesome wife is going to give me a pass for Sunday so I can take care of it myself. She is only upset that her shoulder won't be up to it or she would be out there too. Now that is my definition of hawt!

:applause:
Cant wait to see your new track stead, SVs kick ass. See ya out there Bueller!

grim
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM

Awesome it will be nice to finally meet you!

MilkMan
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
So what time are you guys going to head to the track on sunday fellas? I've been itching to get out there all summer and just never made the final plans to. It sounds like a lot of great riders are going to be there too so thats always a help! I'd love to have someone out there to tell me how shitty I am doing and how/what to do to improve!! I think the track goes hot there @ 9am right? If so count me in!! Hope to see you all there!!
-Mick-

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I have somehow talked my way out of my prearranged obligations.

Holla.

Bueller hook a brother up with a ride.

tecknojoe
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM

you're one lucky man

btw, what's the new bike?

edit: noticed the SV comment above. nice move

LambeauXLIV
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
So what time are you guys going to head to the track on sunday fellas?

I'll try to be there when it opens, although the ride there will be :cold:

grim
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
If someone can find out the official time it opens up and post for the people near me which is I 25 and arapahoe for a meet up spot we can ride together I plan to get there when it opens

LambeauXLIV
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I thought it opened at 9 on the weekends and 10 during the week

Monday - Friday 10am - Dusk, Sat/Sun/Holidays 9am - Dusk.

grim
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I will call tomorrow and verify. I will be riding shouldn't be too cold.

Cornfed
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 08:56 PM
If someone can find out the official time it opens up and post for the people near me which is I 25 and arapahoe for a meet up spot we can ride together I plan to get there when it opens

http://imimotorsports.com/index.php?page=tracks

9AM til Dusk on the weekends. Ill meet everybody at wherever you decide, Fay Meyrs is an easy landmark at I25 and Arapahoe if thats what you are thinking. To be at IMI by 9AM we should be KSU about 8AM.

grim
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
http://imimotorsports.com/index.php?page=tracks

9AM til Dusk on the weekends. Ill meet everybody at wherever you decide, Fay Meyrs is an easy landmark at I25 and Arapahoe if thats what you are thinking. To be at IMI by 9AM we should be KSU about 8AM.

Fay Meyers 0730 KSU 8 Cornfed I'm going to toss my tank bag in your truck if that's ok.

Cornfed
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Fay Meyers 0730 KSU 8 Cornfed I'm going to toss my tank bag in your truck if that's ok.

Sounds good. And there will be plenty of room for your tank bag and anyone else's if needed.

drago52
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I think I will come out for this one. Track opens at 10am?

grim
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I think I will come out for this one. Track opens at 10am?

rfranks303
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 09:51 PM
How's the spectating, I may bring the boy out to watch.

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM
How's the spectating, I may bring the boy out to watch.

They don't give two shits. You can watch from the pits or head out into the infield. Just stay out of the obvious impact zones and you will be fine. The speeds at IMI are pretty mellow.

vort3xr6
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Y'all are going to get stomped by some minimotos. Also, if anybody wants to ride mine to consider buying one, you are more than welcome.

LambeauXLIV
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Y'all are going to get stomped by some minimotos. Also, if anybody wants to ride mine to consider buying one, you are more than welcome.

Are there going to be a lot there? As in, is there something else going on that day?

vort3xr6
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Are there going to be a lot there? As in, is there something else going on that day?

No. I am bringing 2 minis and my DRZ. The minis usually get around the track faster than the big bikes though.

Penadam
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Anyone going from the Lakewood area have extra space in a trailer or truck? Was hoping to avoid riding up as the drz is annoying on the highway and the leathers might get a little cold.

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 20th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Anyone going from the Lakewood area have extra space in a trailer or truck? Was hoping to avoid riding up as the drz is annoying on the highway and the leathers might get a little cold.

When did you get a turd?

Penadam
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 06:40 AM
Not too long ago, two weeks maybe. Decided to unleash my inner hooligan and become motarded.

TheWay
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM
If you guys don't mind a noob id like to hit up the track, im thinkin i can make it.

mdub
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM

that tight , huh...?

Cornfed
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 07:48 PM
If you guys don't mind a noob id like to hit up the track, im thinkin i can make it.

Noobs welcome and encouraged. See ya there! :hibye:

Cornfed
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM
that tight , huh...?

Ya, its that tight. We are never going to set lap records on big bikes on a go cart track. But again, its good practice and good fun.

vort3xr6
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 08:43 PM
Ya, its that tight. We are never going to set lap records on big bikes on a go cart track. But again, its good practice and good fun.

The minimotos just carry so much more speed. We are usually riding on the absolute limit cause crashing doesn't really matter. So yeah we usually pass bikes in the corners then get stomped on the straights.

Cornfed
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
We are usually riding on the absolute limit cause crashing doesn't really matter.

Hmmmm, now that sounds like fun.

vort3xr6
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Hmmmm, now that sounds like fun.

You have no idea. Come see me Sunday to take a few laps and see the light.

R1-Laubinero
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 10:09 PM
if i get home early enough ill come down... The R1 is a blast there--- all 1st gear

duelist13
Fri Oct 21st, 2011, 11:35 PM

Glad to hear you'll be out there, I still feel damn sorry for that terminal blocking maneuver I pulled (I swear it was my carb).
I'll be bringing mine too to get the suspension worked out. That's one minimoto that ain't gonna be passin no one :puppy:

drago52
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'll be there from 9am-noonish.

Bueller
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 07:29 PM
Bea thier 11:00ish

LambeauXLIV
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
I'll try and show up at 9.

Off topic: drago52, did you have a red interceptor out at IMI a couple years ago? I think we met then

drago52
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
yep, I did. I remember meeting you. See you tomorrow. I don't have that bike anymore. I'm on a "work in progress"

vort3xr6
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Be there around 10:30. Look for 2 minis and a DRZ. So excited!!!

sloridr
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Be there around 10:30. Look for 2 minis and a DRZ. So excited!!!

U suck! But I'm riding a '12 HD ultra unlimited in AZ !

duelist13
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Will be there 10:30-11. If anyone's been on the fence about minimoto racing, or interested in trying out my 4 stroke 150cc mini, they're absolutely welcome to :)

Jmetz
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
I would like to come out. If only I had a trailer...

duelist13
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
I would like to come out. If only I had a trailer...

Ride up! You won't regret it ;)

LambeauXLIV
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Sweet! The forecast was bumped up to 75* as a high...and when I'll be leaving it will be over 40* :yay:

green_zx7r
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Gonna try but my ZX7R is refusing to hold idle... :( all that neglect has pissed her off... We'll see how she runs tomorrow AM. Judging by the temp being around 40+, I'm less confident that it'll start and keep idle... We'll see...

TheWay
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
im hoping to be there about 11 ish but i jacked up my hand friday night so i think i can still ride haha at leasti hope

duelist13
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 10:41 PM
Gonna try but my ZX7R is refusing to hold idle... :( all that neglect has pissed her off... We'll see how she runs tomorrow AM. Judging by the temp being around 40+, I'm less confident that it'll start and keep idle... We'll see...

Have you tried new fresh gas? :) Haven't met you before, but hope you can make it.

grim
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Well looks like I'm out for going to this just received a friendly puncture from a very sharp knife in my left hand, inside my palm under my thumb. Deep enough to cut the muscle and now I can't pull the fucking clutch in! This has been A very shitty month for me, hope you guys have fun and I will have to see you out there another time.

Nooch
Sat Oct 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
Well looks like I'm out for going to this just received a friendly puncture from a very sharp knife in my left hand, inside my palm under my thumb. Deep enough to cut the muscle and now I can't pull the fucking clutch in! This has been A very shitty month for me, hope you guys have fun and I will have to see you out there another time.

The wifey figured out how to keep you leashed from the bike, eh? ;)

green_zx7r
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 07:35 AM
I'm out. Spending time with the family today. Have fun and stay safe guys.

Bueller
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
You don't idle on the track :lol: It just needs her pipes cleared!

I'm out. Spending time with the family today.
If they come to the track with you that would count?

Bueller
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Really big bike turnout! A lot of Sumo's and mini's.
I had a great time and the SV performed well, I think I will really enjoy that bike on the big tracks.
It was good riding with all of the familiar faces and meeting a few newies.
I wish this weather would hold out for a while longer..........like all winter.

vort3xr6
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Really big bike turnout! A lot of Sumo's and mini's.
I had a great time and the SV performed well, I think I will really enjoy that bike on the big tracks.
It was good riding with all of the familiar faces and meeting a few newies.
I wish this weather would hold out for a while longer..........like all winter.

The SV was moving, sounding, and looking great.

Really great turn out today. I love minimoto.

drago52
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, that was fun. It was good to meet some of you and see so many bikes out there. I didn't get around to meet all of you, but maybe next time. I was on the minimalist sportbike w/o fairings (it's a winter project). I took a couple vids. One during the 11AM session and one during the 12:30-1PM session. My camera died during the second session, but I got a lot of good footage in the first. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/zINtKd16zI4

http://youtu.be/YjWM7-AcP3g

JKOL
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 08:07 PM

I don't know what the hell you did, but Patrick showed me the pic and it was f*#&ing gross. Not to rub salt in your wound, but you missed an amazing day. We had 7 to ourselves all the way from P2P into Lyons, except for one cruiser that was more than happy to move over to let us pass. Only saw 2 LEO all day. Perfect end to the season.

WolFeYeZ
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, that was fun. It was good to meet some of you and see so many bikes out there. I didn't get around to meet all of you, but maybe next time. I was on the minimalist sportbike w/o fairings (it's a winter project). I took a couple vids. One during the 11AM session and one during the 12:30-1PM session. My camera died during the second session, but I got a lot of good footage in the first. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/zINtKd16zI4

http://youtu.be/YjWM7-AcP3g

I spent the entirety of both videos trying to figure out wtf the blue thing was. But cool videos :P Wish I was there.

Zach929rr
Sun Oct 23rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
It was his painter taped headlight.

Had a nice day. Those shitty conti tires felt a lot better after I dropped the pressure. Minis be carrying ridic speed.

duelist13
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I was on the minimalist sportbike w/o fairings (it's a winter project).
:harrrrr:

Haha yesss, the honda davidson :).

duelist13
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Compiled some video I was taking to check myself out on the little bike, some riders featured in rear-angle. Pretty boring but here it is :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d8vnBx4DuU

Bueller
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Any of the mini guys get any video of the late afternoon session chasing me around? I know I was tired and slowed down a bit but you guys were hauling ass! Everytime Hammer showed me a wheel I was like "holy shit!"
Renata said it was funny as hell with the SV rumbling around and then a swarm of mini's chasing in close formation sounding like a bunch of angry bees. :lol:

vort3xr6
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Here is the video I got. I think I got more of you. I can cut just that out if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0wkEpLd8ZE

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 04:19 PM
epic mini dice action

I sidelined that whole session just to watch that. Got some good laughs.

green_zx7r
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
OMG those minimotos look so damn fun!

Bueller
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Here is the video I got. I think I got more of you. I can cut just that out if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0wkEpLd8ZE
That was some good action right there!
Don't go to any trouble editing little bits and pieces, I thought you guys were right behind me for awhile.

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 07:24 PM
man...I hope there is some Mini action out in Michigan...

Matty
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
shit was fun watching you fools chase each other.... glad i had a chance to hop on Brad's for a few laps.

vort3xr6
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Look for those kx-65's on craigslist people. Some really good deals to be had and some amazing racing fun!

duelist13
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Look for those kx-65's on craigslist people. Some really good deals to be had and some amazing racing fun!

nice riding and video as always, couldn't keep up with you guys to save my life :)

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 09:27 PM
nice riding and video as always, couldn't keep up with you guys to save my life :)

You have quite a bit of lean angle to work with there buddy.

vort3xr6
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 09:40 PM

Let's get that motor bolted down for you. Glad we could diagnose some stuff for you.

duelist13
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Glad we could diagnose some stuff for you.

I had my head up my ass about a lot of things but the loose motor was probably the worst! Thanks again for the help, and next time feel free to take some laps on the little guy. For sure it won't be a rolling safety hazard like it was yesterday.

In the meantime, I clearly have to learn how to ride :lol:.