PDA

View Full Version : weather change is a comin!

mastap07
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:26 AM
fyi to my other winter riders* looks like the weather might hit mid 50s tomorrow with some rain turning into snow around midnight. 4 to 8 inches of snow could be falling in the metro area and more in the foothills come wednesday 10/26.

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Think Wednesday might be the first day since August that I drive to school.

spdu4ia
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:29 AM
predicting lowe temps than that here. last I checked high 33

dm_gsxr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Woo hoo!

Carl

Scatterbrain
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Ohh that's chilly. Guess it's time to put ole red away for the season...winter's right around the corner.

McVaaahhh
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Yeah, the high here in Tucson is only 78 on Thursday. :cold:

madvlad
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I'll be out haha

mdub
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Think Wednesday might be the first day since August that I drive to school.

wow your hard core....i like riding, but also like the comforts of 4 wheels.

Sean
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah, the high here in Tucson is only 78 on Thursday. :cold:Hey Brian....:doublefinger:

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
wow your hard core....i like riding, but also like the comforts of 4 wheels.

It's a financial thing more than anything else. Get decent mileage on the 929 and can get to/from much quicker. I haven't felt cold yet with proper layers. Only thing I'm weary of is enough snow to stick. Ive ridden the drz on 285 with a couple inches of standing snow/slush and that was the worst experience of my life.

dm_gsxr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I'll be out. I like riding too much to put her away for any length of time.

Carl

sloridr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 01:31 PM
It's a financial thing more than anything else. Get decent mileage on the 929 and can get to/from much quicker. I haven't felt cold yet with proper layers. Only thing I'm weary of is enough snow to stick. Ive ridden the drz on 285 with a couple inches of standing snow/slush and that was the worst experience of my life.

I remember that day and IT SUCKED BALLS!!!!!!!!

madvlad
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah, the high here in Tucson is only 78 on Thursday. :cold:

Reminds me when I went to Phoenix couple years ago during March, days of low 80's and people wearing jeans and hoodies while we rocked shorts, wife beaters haha

illadelphia
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I havent even brought my car out from the east coast since i moved here. Been riding everyday since may-june...so sad that today is the last day I'll prob. ride for a while, but who knows denver is crazy weather.

sloridr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I just spend the weekend riding a 2012 HD all over AZ. And its was HOT in Havasu!!!

McVaaahhh
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Reminds me when I went to Phoenix couple years ago during March, days of low 80's and people wearing jeans and hoodies while we rocked shorts, wife beaters haha

Kinda weird how you get acclimated to it. I play golf in 105+ with no problem now, but 60 feels cold... I won't even get in my pool if the outside temp is under 95 or so.

I've only been here a year now...

bulldog
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Kinda weird how you get acclimated to it. I play golf in 105+ with no problem now, but 60 feels cold... I won't even get in my pool if the outside temp is under 95 or so.

I've only been here a year now... :idea: Yeah, but didn't you have more "padding" on your body back in the day? That could make a difference on how hot you felt compared to now.

mdub
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 02:17 PM

I hear ya.....I knew a person that did the same...

McVaaahhh
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 02:44 PM
:idea: Yeah, but didn't you have more "padding" on your body back in the day? That could make a difference on how hot you felt compared to now.

LOL - I think it's mostly just getting used to the heat. Like any other climate your body adjusts and your comfort levels do as well.

bulldog
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM
LOL - I think it's mostly just getting used to the heat. Like any other climate your body adjusts and your comfort levels do as well. My mind is just in that situation because I am sitting here at work cold because this lady who not to be mean is very overweight, has this giant fan running that hits me on my back all day. She runs it even if it is snowing outside.....oh and it is not your standard desk fan, but a room fan and huge! :lol:

RajunCajun
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 03:05 AM
:idea: Yeah, but didn't you have more "padding" on your body back in the day? That could make a difference on how hot you felt compared to now.

Back in my powerlifting days weighing in at 235lbs or so, I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt down to about 40 F. Now at 185lbs, I’m wearing a coat under 50 F. The weight was night and day difference.

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Yeah so...with 33 for a high and 16 for a low...might be time to blow out that sprinkler system tonight....

...or this could be the typical Colorado storm:
IF Weather liars = hype THEN Storm = 80 & sunny
IF Weather liars = "no biggie, don't worry about it" THEN Storm = 9 ft of snow & Donner party eat-in style dinners.

Darth Do'Urden
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Unless there's ice on the roads, I'll still be commuting on the Triple. I also haven't cold yet with proper layers, but I think tomorrow may just properly SUCK, as layering up the hands isn't exactly feasible.

On the plus side, my wife basically gave me permission to buy heated underlayers that connect to the battery (jacket, pants, and gloves). Once that happens, I'll be just fine all winter long, with a ride from co-workers on the days there's actual ice on the roads.

AOK303
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 11:59 AM
not having a garage and not wanting to leave the bike over night in the cold ill be caging it most days unless i can find stretches i can bring the bike out

mdub
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 12:01 PM
not wanting to leave the bike over night in the cold

You do have a cover, right?

salsashark
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah so...with 33 for a high and 16 for a low...might be time to blow out that sprinkler system tonight....

...or this could be the typical Colorado storm:
IF Weather liars = hype THEN Storm = 80 & sunny
IF Weather liars = "no biggie, don't worry about it" THEN Storm = 9 ft of snow & Donner party eat-in style dinners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZi_WWwe4mE

MetaLord 9
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 12:27 PM
^^Yeah, I think he's actually the afternoon weather guy on channel 4

mastap07
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Unless there's ice on the roads, I'll still be commuting on the Triple. I also haven't cold yet with proper layers, but I think tomorrow may just properly SUCK, as layering up the hands isn't exactly feasible.

On the plus side, my wife basically gave me permission to buy heated underlayers that connect to the battery (jacket, pants, and gloves). Once that happens, I'll be just fine all winter long, with a ride from co-workers on the days there's actual ice on the roads.

the canyons are usually a little more slick but we should have the road cleared for you from south valley on up! also the cement pad next to the north doors (where you normally park) is heated so you dont have to park on ice! ride safe main!

asp_125
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 05:28 PM
OK it's officially snowing now in Genesee. :(

FZRguy
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Been watching it on the monitors at work all night. Not sticking much to the streets, too warm. Indian Summer by Friday. :yes:

AOK303
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 03:04 AM
You do have a cover, right?

no :(

BC14
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 03:40 AM
no :(
They are some inexpensive/packable ones out there.

FZRguy
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Lots of power outages in the metro area and Boulder. Gonna be hoppin' busy around here today. Glad I get to go home and sleep.

Sean
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Lots of power outages in the metro area and Boulder. Gonna be hoppin' busy around here today. Glad I get to go home and sleep.Just drove through Boulder and noticed that there are a few dark spots. :lol:

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 08:48 AM
^ you ride the KTM today?

Sean
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 08:51 AM
^ you ride the KTM today?
Ummm, no. I'm actually not as dumb as most people think. :oops:

grim
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM

I thought about taking out the ninja until i saw all of the slush. However i did find out the Fusion handles this crap very well!

Zach929rr
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 10:00 AM
We got about a foot already in littleton. I ain't doing shit today.

grim
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 10:03 AM
We got about a foot already in littleton. I ain't doing shit today.

A foot in the grass or a foot in the street?

bulldog
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Has to mean the grass because I am sitting here at work in Littleton and ain't no snow on the roads. Although wish I was at home, but woke up hoping for a snow day and got this...

Sean
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I ain't doing shit today.
I like the way you think. :up:

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Tsk...Tsk... No sense of adventure. ;)
Just kidding of course, but I was curious since we joked around about it.