PDA

View Full Version : late notice tuesday farewell to hwy 7

HOTCARCASS
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I will be at sandies @ 2:30 plan to hit hwy 34 and or 7. Peace out

OUTLAWD
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM
damn...if I wasn't all hopped up on meds, I'd be there...but I can barely walk straight, let alone try to navigate a motorbike

HOTCARCASS
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 01:57 PM
U got this.

FZRguy
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 03:03 AM
You're a day late as Monday was the day to be riding. Sweet ride up Golden Gate and back down Hwy 119...def my last ride for a while. I'll be hopped up on meds too; knee surgery on Friday. :|

asp_125
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM
You DO know that 7 is rideable all year, right?

HOTCARCASS
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Really is it? I have always considered the first snow the end of ridding the season. Maybe all these years I have missed out. Tell me does it get swept? How about anyother canyons, do you know about them?

HOTCARCASS
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 08:44 PM
You're a day late as Monday was the day to be riding. Sweet ride up Golden Gate and back down Hwy 119...def my last ride for a while. I'll be hopped up on meds too; knee surgery on Friday. :|
I got out for a short sweet ride on monday.

asp_125
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Really is it? I have always considered the first snow the end of ridding the season. Maybe all these years I have missed out. Tell me does it get swept? How about anyother canyons, do you know about them?

7 faces south, so it gets more sun than other canyons, and less snow. It gets its fair share of traffic so while there is some sand, it's not as bad as some others like Golden Gate or Coal Creek. Used to live up in Longmont so I rode 7 a lot.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 10:15 PM
You can ride CO 7 year round.

PunyJuney
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 08:25 AM
riding season doesn't end, it just gets more selective.
i.e.105 out to Monument past Palmer Lake
or 40 up toward Kermits as it's on the sunny side of 70
Bear Creek has enough traffic that there's always at least a clean line...even though it's in a tire track. Get glove liners and a decent coat, it's so worth it!

FZRguy
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I stay low once the canyons are sanded, like June's 105 route (or go dirt riding). Yeah, riding the couch now, watching lots of tube, and reading Steve's book.

asp_125
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Most of the lower canyons were fine to day, just some sand resulting in tire tracking.

HOTCARCASS
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 08:32 AM
Hmm I guess that's what I would figure to be the case; selective south exposure exposer canyons and tire tracking. A supermotard a parking lot and some cones would be fun. I got some clean lines Sunday down low. I just feel that my jar of luck is getting a little low by this time of year.

OUTLAWD
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM
if all you want to do is putt around and stone chip the hell out of your lower...you can ride all winter...but I'm in no real hurry to sandblast my bodywork....anymore than it already is anyway ;)

HOTCARCASS
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Agreed! Though I applaud all who push the limits of there passions. I view the sand and mag chloride as restrictive. My passion for ridding is not valid in traffic, or behind slower vehicles, Im simply a traveler then. When the road opens the clean air alerts my senses and beckons me to where my passion lives. Sand or the possibility of sand just fucks that up. Pure and simple. But 3,4,5 clean turns on a 60 degree day on Co 7 in November however can satisfy a hankern fo sho. Just look before you leap!