PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Ski and Golf in Arvada

200sr20
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I have been dealing with these guys for more than ten years and they never let me down, no matter what I'm in there for. I have purchased most of my riding gear from them and had tune/repair work done many times. If you dig snow sports I would recommend them any day!!

salsashark
Wed Oct 26th, 2011, 06:09 PM
That's good to hear because their store in Aurora can suck it...

Sully
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 06:09 AM
That's good to hear because their store in Aurora can suck it...

:lol: I agree, they can be hit or miss.. and I've been going to them since '97-ish... I've picked up some good deals at Lenny's ski and golf which is in the same parking lot as the Aurora store.. lol.. Speaking of that, I need to get my board in for a wax!

Matty
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Sully bring it to me and I'll hook it up.

brennahm
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Damn, I still need to wax my new board...

asp_125
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Anyone know if the Arvada store has a good bootfitter? I need some custom work on my ski boot on account of the gimpy ankle.

200sr20
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Anyone know if the Arvada store has a good bootfitter? I need some custom work on my ski boot on account of the gimpy ankle.

I don't know on that being that I board, boot fitting consists of trying it on and then riding to break in

Ricky
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Damn, I still need to wax my new board...

brand new board have a factory base wax. Sure, it's not bad to wax them, but it's not 100% necessary.

Go out and buy a shitty walmart iron, and some snowboard wax, and a scraper. You can wax your own board in very little time, and save a lot of money. a good wax iron is usually a minimum of $50, so the walmart iron can save some $$.

This past season I started doing my own base repair, and I've been sharpening my own edges for several years. I don't ever take my board to a shop anymore because most of the maintenance is pretty simple... just that a wax job can take a half hour or so if you are meticulous about it.

brennahm
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I already do my own work. And not it's not necessary, but it's on my list of shit to do...

Matty
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 03:23 PM
You don't need any wax.....

asp_125
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I like it when it's freshly waxed... so smooth..

... what?

mdub
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM
nothing like sticky snow and no wax......lots of fun....

AOK303
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 08:34 PM
The aroura store was 100percent better before they expanded the store, the one in Littleton sucks, but still better then Garts and Dicks.

brennahm
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 08:04 AM
You don't need any wax.....

Except they got adhesive all over it from their GD REI label pouch nonsense. So to get all that off I'll be taking off some of the wax with it I'm sure and that will necessitate putting on new wax.

Matty
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 03:36 PM
The aroura store was 100percent better before they expanded the store, the one in Littleton sucks, but still better then Garts and Dicks.

You do know the Gart brothers own ski and golf... Along with Breeze and a whole bunch of other shops throughout Utah and Lake Tahoe.

If anyone out there has any questions on goods feel free to hit me up. Worked in the snowboard/ski industry for over 10 years...

mdub
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 04:21 PM
u mean Sports Authority.