PDA

View Full Version : Korea House in Boulder

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 06:57 PM
.....on 28th, West side of the road, just South of where the the Diagonal connects. Yummy.:drool:

mdub
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM
last time i had korean i was twenty something and she taste great......

JKOL
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM

:lol: :applause:

Suki
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 10:42 PM
We used to go to that one for YEARS until we moved to A-Town, now we go to one on Havanna, Seoul BBQ.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Q-Table on 104th and I-25 doesn't suck.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 07:14 AM
We used to go to that one for YEARS until we moved to A-Town, now we go to one on Havanna, Seoul BBQ.
I liked the KH in Boulder, it was the first time I'd had Korean food, but I liked it as I figured I would since I like Asian food. I tried their "Heart Attack" roll (sushi) and it was pretty good, though not nearly as hot as I'd have thought.

I'll have to try that one since I'm in Saudi Aurora, thanks Suki!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Were you hungry again 1/2 hour after you ate like urban legend has it? :)

Wrider
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM

Keep your urban legends straight...
That's Chinese!

biikChiQ
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Q-table & Seoul BBQ are great choice of place for korean food. I'll have to try the one in boulder

mdub
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 10:32 AM

No.....hahahaa.....If she was Chinese, yes....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Keep your urban legends straight...
That's Chinese!
They all look the same to us white guys! :)

King Nothing
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Q table BBQ buffet on 104th and I25 is excellent!

I`m Batman
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I usually go to this one. http://www.hankangkoreancuisine.com/
Seems like they have more traditional dishes than others.
I love their spicy pork. mmmmm....

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM

Yep. We go 2-3 times a month.

mdub
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM
i like that fancy chinese restaurant.....Panda Express...

grim
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Yep. We go 2-3 times a month.

Would it be worth the 30 min drive for me? My wife and i used to go to LD buffet off of parker but they stopped doing all you can eat crab legs so :(

King Nothing
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Would it be worth the 30 min drive for me? My wife and i used to go to LD buffet off of parker but they stopped doing all you can eat crab legs so :(
They have a pretty large selection of seafood. We drove from Arapahoe and University and I thought it was worth it.

King Nothing
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Also, they have a chocolate fountain. So, there's that, too....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM
It looks like Seoul BBQ is close to my apt., I'll have to try it soon.

grim
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Also, they have a chocolate fountain. So, there's that, too....

Just talked to the wife guess we are going there tomorrow for dinner..i think it was the chocolate fountain.

Jmetz
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM

LD is horrible. Buck a Scoop would be worth a drive compared to that place!

grim
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:44 PM
LD is horrible. Buck a Scoop would be worth a drive compared to that place!

It is now it didn't used to be.

Jmetz
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
The last time I ate there was about 7yrs ago and it was pretty bad.

mdub
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM
guess they did not want to throw it out....

green_zx7r
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 02:33 PM

I second Seoul BBQ... Damn good korean BBQ... We go there once every three months or so.

I also use to go to Korea House maybe 8-10 years ago, but quality has dropped steadily as management changed... Haven't been there recently though, so maybe it's good again.

Yodannyc
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Nothing beats my moms Korean food... But, I dont mind going to Q-bbq to fix the itch however Korea House in Aurora has been the best and closest to real Korean food.

mdub
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM
i likes a good Kimchi....Does korean house have that?

Suki
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Just had lunch today at Seoul BBQ, it was delicious and their lunch prices are awesome!

grim
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 03:07 PM
This thread is making me hungry!!!!!!

Jmetz
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I've never had Korean BBQ. I'll have to try it.

mdub
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 03:17 PM
There was Mongolian BBQ in aurora yrs back ...dunno if it is still there..That place is neat. Every table had it's own grill. Your wait staff would grill the raw bbq right there for you...Good stuff.

grim
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM
There was Mongolian BBQ in aurora yrs back ...dunno if it is still there..That place is neat. Every table had it's own grill. Your wait staff would grill the raw bbq right there for you...Good stuff.

I think that was called Gasho's and that place was shut down a long time ago.

rforsythe
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 04:21 PM

There are other places like that... Bennihana's, Volcano (Hampden/Arapahoe).

rforsythe
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I've never had Korean BBQ. I'll have to try it.

I've yet to eat any stateside that compares to the real deal I ate in Seoul.

mdub
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 04:23 PM
...plus you can get a haircut and massage....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 04:51 PM
...plus you can get a haircut and massage....
......and a happy ending....... :)

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 09:02 PM

I was about to post that the BBQ I've had in S. Korea, all over the peninsula, is not much different than the stuff I've had in the states; to an acceptable degree. YMMV

rforsythe
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I was about to post that the BBQ I've had in S. Korea, all over the peninsula, is not much different than the stuff I've had in the states; to an acceptable degree. YMMV

To be fair, we were taken out by the CEO of the company there to some private "you have to know it's there" BBQ place that I think was a notch above the rest.

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
To be fair, we were taken out by the CEO of the company there to some private "you have to know it's there" BBQ place that I think was a notch above the rest.

That would explain it. I bet it was a cut above for sure.

Ninja2
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I have a dear friend who is Korean. She showed me how to make Korean BBQ. I think there is two kind: LA Ribs and Galbi.
One is cut vertically, the other is cut horizontally off the cow. But I guess you can BBQ other meats, too.

You can get the meat at any Korean market. They also sell the BBQ sauce. You simply thaw the meat, then marinate it overnight, and throw it on the BBQ grill.

Real simple, and yummy!

Yodannyc
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM

This. I was there about a 3 years ago and there Samgyupsal is a million times better then here in the states. That with some soju.

Jmetz
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Soju.. I remember drinking that stuff in Haywood's garage. :lol:

grim
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:50 PM

^^^^FUCKING DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took the wife there along with Cornfed and his wife on Saturday, Fucking AWESOME!!

The sushi was awesome the meats you could grill were good and the chololate fountain....Oh yea...Oh yea

AOK303
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Q-Table on 104th and I-25 doesn't suck.

same owners as Seoul bbq in atown
but Q is buffet style

And being korean i eat too much Kbbq

mistykz
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 09:53 PM
Korea House has my favorite kimchi of the restaurants in the area, but Seoul is really good too. Never been to Q, I'll have to check that out...but nothing beats my mom's cooking (or korean friends' parents), especially since it's free

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 11:28 PM
same owners as Seoul bbq in atown
but Q is buffet style

And being korean i eat too much Kbbq

I gorge on the cucumber kimchee and beef. I wish they had the same ribs I've had in Korea but I'll settle for the flavors just the same.

AOK303
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 12:10 AM
you can go to H Mart and buy the rib cut they do all 3 styles, but the sauce is a tough almost every korean i know is like i dont buy sauce i make it.
we should have a CSC meet at Q's seeing how all the other korean places are way to small.

I use to go to K house for the all you can eat but lately the service has been not that great i miss the old Manager
Korean BBQ Restaurant 7570 Sheridan Boulevard, Arvada, CO 80003 is good if your up north and dont want the buffet style
i Like Silla too its on parker road right by i225 but if your not Korean or speak it, do not expect great service

rforsythe
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 06:18 AM
Finding good kimchi is a whole other problem. 99% of it out there is mediocre, I think it's like old-world Italian cooking - recipes passed down for generations that will rock your world, the rest is just lame. For such a simple thing, there are apparently infinite ways to prepare it.

Soju.. I remember drinking that stuff in Haywood's garage. :lol:

I vaguely remember that night. :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
I gorge on the cucumber kimchee and beef. I wish they had the same ribs I've had in Korea but I'll settle for the flavors just the same.
Yeah, they have a different breed of "cat" over there, for sure...... :)

mdub
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 11:44 AM
hmmmm good cat....