PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha FJR chase video (Germany)

Clovis
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 08:23 PM
For anyone who thinks that a sport tourer can't scoot, I encourage you to watch this video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuYzWk92IdM&feature=player_embedded#!

Scatterbrain
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Awesome. Racin thru the country lands....

asp_125
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Now that's SPORT touring.

Repsol a095
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I have had two of these, and I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed the crap out of both of them. They can really move! The second generation is my favorite by far, and the paddle shift is the best thing ever.

Clovis
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 10:31 PM
You like the electronic paddle shifter? My next bike will be a FJR but I've been looking specifically for a manual.

Repsol a095
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I bought this. I thought that I would never get used to having no clutch lever, but I cannot recommend this feature enough. Remember that this is the A model, not the AE model. The A model still has the foot shifter as well as the paddle shift. The AE only has the paddle shift.

I am having so much fun with the paddle shift; I have no problem saying good-bye to the clutch lever.

Stick with the second generation though; the ride is soooooo much better.

ChrisCBX
Fri Oct 28th, 2011, 11:34 PM
That would be a FUN road.

Bueller
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Too bad the guy can't ride very well.

grim
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 09:52 AM

^^^^This, I'm no expert but that guy was sloppy as shit.

Clovis
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Grumpy bear is grumpy.

Bueller
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Truth is truth it has no emotion

Lomax
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM
That was a fun vid to watch. It did remind me of how poor the stock suspension on my FJR was. you can see it bobble and weave in the corners, just like mine did. The front end would wash out fairly easily also.

His body positioning could have been a bit better but having ridden this type of bike I think he did fairly well. But then again I can't ride for shit. :lol:

But it was a kick ass bike to ride and I loved it.

Marc

OUTLAWD
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 11:24 AM
man...that guy is SMOOTH ;)

Zach929rr
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 11:59 AM

HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATE

Ghettodsm
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 12:00 PM
My old boss had one. Great bike! He was a great rider and could scrape the pegs with loaded hard bags all the time. I'm looking at one of these or a vfr 800 as my next bike.

Ninja2
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM

Give the guy a break. He has saddle bags and the roads in Germany are a lot more narrow than in the US.

That was filmed in Vogesen by France. Elsass region.

Clovis
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I was wondering about that. If the roads in general are narrow or just that paticular stretch.

Give the guy a break. He has saddle bags and the roads in Germany are a lot more narrow than in the US.

Bashed
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 04:46 PM

So if the roads in Germany are narrow, and this is in France, what is the point of your response?
I don't understand this logic.

As far as FJR's go, the only person I ever rode with who owned one was Old Knee Dragger. We were coming up the Baja Pennisula on these fast as your mind will let you go type sweepers. I was on my wifes 636, and Ron would pull a gap on the short straights, and then I would take his advantage back into and thru the corners. I don't remember seeing less than 120 for 30 minutes. That guy could massage a FJR for sure. What memories.

Ninja2
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Bashed, the Elsass region in Germany borders to France. It is in Germany. I just tried to provide a general idea as to where in Germany this video was filmed.

And Clovis, yes, the roads in Germany and many other European countries, for that matter, are more narrow. We had friends who ended up selling their SUVs because they were being stationed there and it is a pain to get around for the most part. Not impossible, but definitely more painful.

derekm
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 11:53 AM
cool vid... but why was this "related"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD1zCJJ9X70&feature=related

Clovis
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
ROID RAGE!!

BC14
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I've known ST bikes can go for a while.... A little more work, but still a lotta fun

Zanatos
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I had a Harley before, so the FJR is my first "sport" motorycle. I have a 2010 FJR1300A, and I really like it.

The anti-lock brakes are completely undetectable until you are in a limited-traction situation. It's smooth, balanced, fast, comfortable, and has a lot of space for rain gear and other touring stuff. The electronic adjustable windscreen is my favorite feature. Plus, it looks mean.

Thanks for the video!