PDA

View Full Version : Accident on the I

stubbicatt
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Last night for those northbound on I-25 at or after 5 pm was a nightmare. Guess they had it closed for a few hours.

Left work in the Tech Center at 5:05, arrived home just before 8.

Sigh.

http://www.9news.com/video/1247470659001/0/NB-I-25-closed-for-hours-at-20th-Street-due-to-crash

modette99
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Yep, plenty of room to go around too from the looks of it in the video. Any state I been it they just wave you around.

Clovis
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM
The obvious reason. The crash victims were aliens.

MikeG
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM
ancient aliens

Stuart Little
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Small two car accident on I70E only one lane closed but freakin rubber necks slowed quite a bit. However other than that 70 was pretty desolate for 5:30, probably because the normal crowd was stuck on 25 :)

RajunCajun
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 01:30 AM
three hour commute, dam that sucks!

King Nothing
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM
It's I-25. Not "the I." Get that California dipshit speak out of here. Now, with regards to the actual crash. DPD has proven once again, that they are idiots. The crash was in the two right lanes and on the right shoulder. There was still two left lanes that were completely unaffected in which traffic could have gotten by.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM
It's I-25. Not "the I." Get that California dipshit speak out of here. Now, with regards to the actual crash. DPD has proven once again, that they are idiots. The crash was in the two right lanes and on the right shoulder. There was still two left lanes that were completely unaffected in which traffic could have gotten by.
Hey dumbass, what if he's not from CA?

Mother Goose
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 01:35 PM
Then it's just regular dipshit speak. Duh.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 01:35 PM
if a tree falls in the woods

dragos13
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 01:43 PM
I can understand the two lanes with vehicles being closed down and an additional lane next to it for safety reasons. Why they shut down the entire highway is crazy. Usually, PD is against shutting down anything more than necessary.

King Nothing
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Doesn't matter if he is or not. The dipshit way to address an interstate as the "I" originated in CA.

dragos13
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Doesn't matter if he is or not. The dipshit way to address an interstate as the "I" originated in CA.

What if you just say "the 25"?

My gf from AZ used to do that and I would always make fun of her. Definitely not how we do it in CO. Everyone in AZ says "the 17" or "the 101".

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:41 PM

My gf from AZ used to do that and I would always make fun of her. Definitely not how we do it in CO. Everyone in AZ says "the 17" or "the 101".

I giggle silently inside anytime Brad says "the 285". Must be a Zona thing.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:44 PM
cuz there's so many less syllables saying "the 25" instead of "I-25" or "the I" instead of "I-25" or "I-70" so everyone's clear

grim
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just say "the road that every fuckhead drives on at the same time of the day making it impossible to get anywhere at a somewhat reasonable time"

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just say "the road that every fuckhead drives on at the same time of the day making it impossible to get anywhere at a somewhat reasonable time"

oh, you mean the I?

grim
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:00 PM
oh, you mean the I?

Tell em what hes won Johnny!!

Filo
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:34 PM
Anyone who calls an interstate or state freeway something like "the I" or "the 25" needs a good c*** punch.

The 25 what? Vestal virgins? Bottles of beer on the wall? Crabs in your crotch?

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:38 PM
so this poor newer guy who started the thread thinks we're all just stuck up dicks (ya know, like grim) and will never come out and play

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:42 PM

That's not a California thing retard. "I" in regards to a road is not in the vocabulary. Plus, why didn't you simply assume he meant "the interstate" instead of a Cali way of talking? Hahahaha! Oh you. They are all "freeways" in California anyway.

grim
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:52 PM
so this poor newer guy who started the thread thinks we're all just stuck up dicks (ya know, like grim) and will never come out and play

Hey you shut your mouth when your talking about me you whore!

Keyser Soze
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 05:00 PM

Zonie speak isn't as bad as the Chicago crap...

The Edens Expressway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edens_Expressway) (Interstate 94 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_94_in_Illinois) and U.S. Route 41 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_41_in_Illinois)), The Dan Ryan Expressway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Ryan_Expressway) (Interstate 90 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_90_in_Illinois) and Interstate 94 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_94_in_Illinois), then separately Interstate 57 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_57_in_Illinois)) The Eisenhower Expressway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisenhower_Expressway) (Interstate 290 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_290_(Illinois)), and then separately Illinois Route 53 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_Route_53); formerly "Congress Expressway blah blah blah. Traffic reports were confusing as shit :lol:

stubbicatt
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 06:28 PM

To seek the approval of fools is to become one...

I did come out and play once. My opinion of the rank and file membership from that one outing was enough to prompt me to select those with whom I ride with greater care. ;)

Add a few years and a few miles and if you are still dicks... well there you have it.

To me this is simply the prattling of immature young men trying to big dog one another. It is an indication to me of the type of people I don't want to ride with. Fortunately, I have met some pretty cool guys from this site whose company I enjoy and with whom I enjoy riding... you guys know who you are!

--Ride your own ride.

Stubb..... Out.

brennahm
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Man, this stubb guy seems pretty chill.

Bueller
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 07:42 PM
Some of the biggest pricks on here are old guys.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM
the force is strong with this one

mistykz
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 09:44 PM
Wish I would of heard this on the news before I left work on Friday. Friend came in from Cali and was in FoCo for the night, dinner at 6. I left work (from downtown) at 4 and finally hit the e-470 junction around 6:30 :| An hour and fifteen minutes from Colfax to Speer, haha

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 11:25 PM

Most recent post came off as quite condescending imo.

brennahm
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 07:01 AM
Quite likely, I was a drittle lunk ;)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 07:21 AM
Says YOU......dipshit.:jerkoff:

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 07:46 AM
Most recent post came off as quite condescending imo.

hard to imagine why

grim
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
To seek the approval of fools is to become one...

I did come out and play once. My opinion of the rank and file membership from that one outing was enough to prompt me to select those with whom I ride with greater care. ;)

Add a few years and a few miles and if you are still dicks... well there you have it.

To me this is simply the prattling of immature young men trying to big dog one another. It is an indication to me of the type of people I don't want to ride with. Fortunately, I have met some pretty cool guys from this site whose company I enjoy and with whom I enjoy riding... you guys know who you are!

--Ride your own ride.

Stubb..... Out.

How people handle themselves on this forum or how you perceive them to be on this forum does not necessarily reflect the way they handle themselves when they are on two wheels and or in person rather than sitting behind a keyboard. But i have learned it doesn't matter how much of a twat waffle everyone is on the forum everyone i have met this season and ridden with that is an ass to say at the least on the forum just so happen to be very nice people and very good riders. Therefore your statement is flawed and your reason to chose not to ride with someone because of how they type on the computer is unjustified. Unless you see them saying shit like "i ride 120 with my balls out and that's just how i ride" and we all know the end result to that.

I haven't ridden with you yet but hope to meet you someday unless Tinkerdouch deterred you because i'm a "stuck up dick" ;)

carry on.

King Nothing
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:28 AM
this

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:29 AM
much of a twat waffle ridden that ass is flawed and chose to ride someone because my balls out and we all know the end result to that.

carry on.

you sending me secret messages again? :cyber: I know you sit there visualizing my twat waffle

grim
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
you sending me secret messages again? :cyber: I know you sit there visualizing my twat waffle

:lol: mmmmm twat waffle, i am going to go eat breakfast now.

MetaLord 9
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
I'm just here for the punch & pie.

rfranks303
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:37 PM
How people handle themselves on this forum or how you perceive them to be on this forum does not necessarily reflect the way they handle themselves when they are on two wheels and or in person rather than sitting behind a keyboard. But i have learned it doesn't matter how much of a twat waffle everyone is on the forum everyone i have met this season and ridden with that is an ass to say at the least on the forum just so happen to be very nice people and very good riders. Therefore your statement is flawed and your reason to chose not to ride with someone because of how they type on the computer is unjustified. Unless you see them saying shit like "i ride 120 with my balls out and that's just how i ride" and we all know the end result to that.

I haven't ridden with you yet but hope to meet you someday unless Tinkerdouch deterred you because i'm a "stuck up dick" ;)

carry on.

Yeah, take grim for example. On the forum he can be a d bag but in person he is just an ass hole with d bag tendencies.

mdub
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
you go stubbi....i have been with csc for awhile, i like to ride, but i'm really busy with alot of other important stuff. the forum to me is grt way to kill time when time needs to be killed...i have ridden more this yr than in the past....folks that i have ridden with this season are all good people don't get wrong. for some reason their attitude is diff. once we all face one another and ride together. But yes ..you do kinda sense the person's well being in the way they write in forum. Then i ignore them and want nothing to do with. But on the other hand you also figure who the cool ones are.

Keyser Soze
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM

With a name like Stubb...you'd kinda have to be :lol: :doublefinger:

Keyser Soze
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM

This comin from an old prick :lol:

:doublefinger:

mdub
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM

ol prick here too....prickin the same for 17 plus yrs...

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Blizzard comin'. I hope sweetie can make it home on the I.

Numan
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 01:08 AM
I thought referring to things as "I" was a Mac thing....

Bueller
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 05:39 AM

:doublefinger:
I assumed that was assumed. :yes:

MetaLord 9
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Blizzard comin'. I hope sweetie can make it home on the I.
There are enough accidents on that thing right now that it should probably be called the "we" or the "us

grim
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
There are enough accidents on that thing right now that it should probably be called the "we" or the "us

^^ No joke just got into the shop coming from I-25 and Lincoln all the way to I-25 and Sante Fe road there were 11 cars and trucks stuck and 5 of them were accidents. This weather really isn't anything spectacular people are just idiots.

MetaLord 9
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
This weather really isn't anything spectacular people are just idiots.
This.

Why don't we all have rubber bumpers on the cars anymore?

What I'm seeing on the 9news' traffic coverage looks like a scene out of the Blues Brothers.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:00 AM
^^ No joke just got into the shop coming from I-25 and Lincoln all the way to I-25 and Sante Fe road there were 11 cars and trucks stuck and 5 of them were accidents. This weather really isn't anything spectacular people are just idiots.
I totally disagree. The roads SUCK. There's 3+ inches of solid ice down here in Aurora, and there's some water on top of that, then there snow on top of some of that. It took me over an hour to go 9 miles.

grim
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:08 AM
I totally disagree. The roads SUCK. There's 3+ inches of solid ice down here in Aurora, and there's some water on top of that, then there snow on top of some of that. It took me over an hour to go 9 miles.

But you could still drive in it right? If you didn't crash you are not part of the idiot clan that makes the commute even slower. I-25 going north was actually really smooth everyone had a steady speed..until one dip shit spins his car around now we are all stopping and going slower than shit because everyone has to get over, and everyone wants to rubberneck. Hence roads aren't that bad just idiots out there.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
like 3" of ice is more slippery than .5" of ice?

Being from Minnesota (ay), people here don't know how to drive in snow. This shit isn't a big deal and the fact that schools are closed makes me giggle

MetaLord 9
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
I keep forgetting that snow makes lanes irrelevant

grim
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
like 3" of ice is more slippery than .5" of ice?

Being from Minnesota (ay), people here don't know how to drive in snow. This shit isn't a big deal and the fact that schools are closed makes me giggle

I was shocked to hear that Cherry Creek school district had closed. When i was a kid not once did i have a snow day. Even had to go to school in a actual classified blizzard.

grim
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
I keep forgetting that snow makes lanes irrelevant

Not only that but it means you can spin your car around and face the wrong way and just sit there until someone comes and tells you what to do.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
I thought referring to things as "I" was a Mac thing....

No, that's 'i'

brennahm
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:47 AM
My morning = 3 RTD buses, 3 vans, 4 civics stuck on the exit ramp preventing me from getting to work.

Solution = going the fuck around them in my shitty VW wagon and giving a special mono-digit salute to the plow drivers who aren't doing anything but sitting on their ass glaring at me.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
My morning = 3 RTD buses, 3 vans, 4 civics stuck on the exit ramp preventing me from getting to work.

Solution = going the fuck around them in my shitty VW wagon and giving a special mono-digit salute to the plow drivers who aren't doing anything but sitting on their ass glaring at me.

Me and my 4Motion Passat GLX wagon salute you. :rock:

grim
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Me and my 4Motion Passat GLX wagon salute you. :rock:

Myself and my Fusion would like to extend a hand of gratitude as well.

TFOGGuys
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Pussies.... you should be riding

http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/images/smilies/anim_lol.gif

Zach929rr
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
I did see ONE guy riding his GS today, heading westbound on 6th around 10:30am.

That guy must have trouble buying underwear that fit his ball size.

Also, something major must have happened on I-25 NB south of 6th around that time as well. When I merged on 25 at 6th the NB side was a complete ghost town from 6th to Auraria.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
But you could still drive in it right? If you didn't crash you are not part of the idiot clan that makes the commute even slower. I-25 going north was actually really smooth everyone had a steady speed..until one dip shit spins his car around now we are all stopping and going slower than shit because everyone has to get over, and everyone wants to rubberneck. Hence roads aren't that bad just idiots out there.
I still disagree. Like I said, it was solid ice. There's one pretty good hill, and a REALLY banked turn on my way South from Iliff to A-Rape-a-Ho on South Parker Rd. The banking is such that if you're not going fast enough, you'll slide down into the center median, but if you're going too fast, you'll hit the outer guardrail when the turn flattens out. I was slightly sideways, on the gas the whole time thru that friggin' corner, and watching the few cars ahead of me doing the same thing. It was f#cked. I've seen cars hit inner guard rails both in Cleveland and here because of banking like that. In fact, I saw a guy come to a complete stop, and then after a minute his car just slid into the one next to him, which slid into the innner guard rail. Nothing you can do in that case.

They plowed it once, it must have warmed up just a little, because there was over 3" of ice with a layer of water on it, and it was all potholed too, so if you were doing anything more than idle, your tires were all over the place. There was zero sand down on it either. So, yeah, it was a lot worse than 1" of ice. I lived in Cleveland for 12 years before I spent the last 7 winters here, and a winter in Idaho Falls ID too, and this was one of the all-time worst drives to work for me, ever. 70min to do 9 miles. It sucked.

Oh, and that's "Eh?" not "ay" there Tinkerbell, er, Tinkerinwithstuff. :)

mistykz
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
I was definitely shocked to hear that Cherry Creek schools got a snow day....we never got anything like that, just 30 or 45 minute delayed starts :(

mdub
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
was a bit worried that my wife had to drive in this mess in the morning. but realize she had the day off. but then got really bummed when i lost 6 branches on my tree in front yard...:(

but the kids were happy that douglas county schools were close.

call work's weather hotline. i get ::all bzness is normal get your arse in...

grim
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
The drive sucked fuck you grim!

Damn. You and your long ass post!!! If you were on my side of town maybe it would have been better for you :dunno:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
Damn. You and your long ass post!!! If you were on my side of town maybe it would have been better for you :dunno:
Hah! Yeah, it sucked ballz here, seriously. They got the roads pretty much cleaned up by the time I went home at 6:30 last night, though there was still a lot of black ice and the usual wrecks (i.e.: idiots). Still a lot of ice this morning but you can see it and if you're paying attention deal with it.

Plus, well, my Yoko's probably aren't the best snow tire. Might get me some blizzaks if I can swing the $$.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Oh, and that's "Eh?" not "ay" there Tinkerbell, er, Tinkerinwithstuff. :)

no, it's not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Nov 4th, 2011, 07:12 AM
no, it's not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184
You been watching too many Happy Days Reruns..... :)