Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Ice and elevation....... just sayin

grim
Sun Oct 30th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Ice and elevation....... just sayin

^^^this + compression socks...just adding

Wrider
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 12:54 AM
And it hurts like a SOB but flex it when you can. It'll help with the recovery time/recovered angles.

FZRguy
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Elevation and keep moving is my MO so far. Blood flow, clots and scar tissue are all a concern early on. Did some upper body weights yesterday and will try my stationary bike today. I had bandages from my toes to my groin and just had to take most of it off yesterday (some was for compression). All of it comes off on Thursday. With all those bandages, ice is not that effective but I will try some ice tonight.

I had a femoral nerve block and it rocked til around 3 a.m. the first day, then went to oxycodone. I’m passed the pain threshold and don’t need any pain meds now, but am taking an aspirin per day (per doc for clots), and some ibuprofen.

Wrider
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:42 PM
Sounds like you're doing well! Good to hear. ACL surgery is never fun.

FZRguy
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Nope, not fun but I'm really pleased with the result, and almost shocked at how good my cartilage looked. My right knee has cartilage issues that may need to be addressed later. Dr Parks is just super and everyone at Mid-Town Surgery Center was excellent. The day just could not have gone better.

I`m Batman
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:35 PM
mmmmmmm... yummy...

FZRguy
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 05:43 PM
With my seat raised an inch, I can get from 4 to 10 o’clock on the bike today. I’ll be very happy if I can get completely around in one week. Once I can spin (couple weeks I think), I can make some real progress. When I flex my knee, it makes a gurgling sound. It’s blood and a good thing, but still kindy creepy. Speaking of creepy, time to hand out candy to the little monsters of the neighborhood.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 08:20 PM
I have had several knee surgeries and recommend it as a method of extracting secrets from terrorists who'd see us dead.

best wishes for a speedy recovery

~Barn~
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 10:36 PM
Yikes John. Here's to your PT!

sprtbkbabe
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:07 AM
Take care of yourself John and don't push it (trust me on this :oops:)

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Looks like your ACL got it's erection back. :up:

Reyven
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Have you tried pedaling forward and backward on the bike? Go as far forward as you can tolerate and then go backward to tolerance. You will notice that you are able to make full revolutions backwards before forward. Mechanically, its easier on the joint.

FZRguy
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:53 AM
Yup, worked it for 30 min today, plus a couple hours of upper body and core stuff (I got the time!). I hope to get completely around within a week. Ditched all the bandages today and got a compression sock on my leg. Man, does it feel better! Looks real good with no signs of infection.

FZRguy
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Rey, are you a PT? I have no way to get to my appts til I can drive a clutch Jeep, and that could be a couple weeks. Be nice to bounce stuff off a pro.

Take care of yourself John and don't push it (trust me on this :oops:)

Good advice, hence my post above.

FZRguy
Sat Nov 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Know what feels real good? A shower after eight days of sink baths. Got all the bandages off and pulled out my stitches. Doing good but lots of work to do over the next six months.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/mcqueenj/ACL5.jpg

mastap07
Sat Nov 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM
ouch! i hope i never have to go thru one of those! best of luck on a speedy recovery!

FZRguy
Thu Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:41 AM
Update at two months post-surgery. My surgery really could not have gone better and the first three weeks were all win. My doc gave me an A+ for rehab at my first post-op exam.

After a lil’ setback on Dec 5 and now at two months out, think one step forward, two steps back: rehab on Monday with good results, Tuesday my knee feels like crap (pass the oxycodone), Wednesday feeling better but lost the gains I made on Monday, rehab again on Thursday but not pushing as hard (see Tuesday/Wednesday), Friday some rehab at the gym but mostly there for upper body weights. I’m constantly trying to get my knee to work normally, walking the stairs at work (I got all night), constant legs lifts, elevation, wall slides, calf raises, icing, more oxycodone, sleep 12 hours, more rehab, repeat, and repeat again. I expect this to go on for a while. Eventually, I’ll make gains and keep ‘em, and that can’t come too soon!

To get my knee 100% and rebuild all the muscle will take more then one year, but the final result will be very good, assuming I don’t crash it again in the meantime!

I ordered a pair of CTi Pro Sport off the shelf knee braces today for my MX habit and general dirt biking. They are carbon fiber and the shitz (just about every pro wears a CTi brace). You guys and gals that ride dirt or snow ski should look into these braces. Could be the best $800 you ever spent (ACL surgery averages $30k). You don’t want to tear your ACL in a crash that a brace could have prevented! The POD MX brace is also a very good off the shelf carbon brace and $800 per pair (Performance Cycle has them).

CTi site: http://www.ctikneebraces.co.uk/The-CTi-brace/CTi

POD MX: http://www.podmx.com/

I want to thank Rey for all her help so far. Really appreciate it, and I owe you!

Okay, I’ve got 5 hours til I can go home and sleep, and this is good sleeping weather! Pass the oxycodone! :)

Matheo
Thu Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:30 AM
Best wishes for a quick recovery. I shattered my ankle on new years 09/10 and know that joint operations SUCK and so does recovery! Best of luck man!

Wrider
Thu Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:03 AM
Glad you're doing so well! Amazing how conscious of how your knee moves now isn't it?

bulldog
Thu Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Damn John..heal up fast brother!

JohnEffinK
Thu Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
Keep up the good work and physical therapy. It will pay divididends.

I had my ACL fully reconstructed in 1990 and 9 months after surgery I had conned the Army doctors to release me into the wild where I started (and graduated) Ranger School and was back on Airborne status. I attribute to physical therapy and making each session count.

John

Bueller
Sun Jan 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Left wrist repair

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/375531_2451039165220_1529225193_32152826_401762800 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394238_2451038565205_1529225193_32152823_132497167 8_n.jpg

FZRguy
Sun Jan 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM
Ouch, didn’t know you did that. I was just reading how a right wrist injury ended Ricky Johnson’s career, and still bothers him today.

I’ve started on some lower body weights and will try riding my bicycle outside this week.

Zanatos
Sun Jan 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Take some Glucosamine and Chondroitin complex.

Trust me. You won't regret it.

Bueller
Sun Jan 1st, 2012, 05:21 PM
Ouch, didn’t know you did that. I was just reading how a right wrist injury ended Ricky Johnson’s career, and still bothers him today.

luckily this was left wrist and i broke it for the second time 20 years ago. It has been getting more and more painful over the years with arthritis and bone spurs and I have been figuring that if a single event was to end my riding career this would be it. Now with a little creative repair I am hoping to buy 10=15 more years before a full fusion.

Now I need to get right ACL done again but I will have to live wth the trick knee for a while longer.

Clovis
Sun Jan 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM
I didn't know you were a ranger. :bow:

Keep up the good work and physical therapy. It will pay divididends.

I had my ACL fully reconstructed in 1990 and 9 months after surgery I had conned the Army doctors to release me into the wild where I started (and graduated) Ranger School and was back on Airborne status. I attribute to physical therapy and making each session count.

John

FZRguy
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
The fusion is what ended Ricky's career. I wonder if he tried putting the throttle/brake on the left, and clutch on the right. It would be very strange but beats not riding.

FZRguy
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
I got my CTi braces all sorted and ready to go. They are very comfortable and I doubt I'll even notice them when riding.

cromer611
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 11:23 PM
Hey john, did you bleed/seep a lot after the second day of recovery?

FZRguy
Mon Jan 2nd, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hey john, did you bleed/seep a lot after the second day of recovery?

No, but they had me bandaged up real good. Some blood is not unusual. A lot and I'd call my doc asap.

FZRguy
Tue Jan 3rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
I made it the 2.2 miles to work tonight on my bicycle. Not very pretty cuz it's hard to cheat riding outside (unless I one leg it). Gotta start somewhere and a bit of a milestone on my recovery. :)

cromer611
Sun Jan 8th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Grats bro!

FZRguy
Fri Jan 27th, 2012, 09:57 PM
At three months, I’ve turned the corner on rehab and made some good gains over the last month. 2-3 hr bicycle rides or an hour of lower body work at the gym are no problem. Got a lil click on extension I’m working on and still lots to go before full flexion, but going good now.

FZRguy
Sat Feb 4th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I made some incredibly poor decisions on Friday morning and took a bad fall. I blew out my new ACL. I'm on crutches and in a lot of pain. Just beside myself with grief. I see my doctor on Tuesday. Knee surgery number 7 is in my immediate future. :cry:

Nick_Ninja
Sat Feb 4th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Bummer John. Keep your head up. N_N

grim
Sun Feb 5th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Dude that sucks to hear man just stay positive and remember its ok it can be fixed.

Wrider
Sun Feb 5th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Don't feel too bad buddy. I have a friend who is on right knee ACL number 4 and left knee ACL number 3...

Bueller
Sun Feb 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM
That sucks John! Looks like you will catch me with #7, mine haven't all been ligament repairs but they were considering zippers. I am currently living with an unstable right knee but I needed the wrist fixed first.

Good luck with the next one, and let it heal completely this time.

FZRguy
Sun Feb 12th, 2012, 12:34 AM
X-rays and phy exam were inconclusive. MRI is on Monday. There could be something left of it that might heal and be somewhat functional. At any rate, I'm stuck with whatever is there for quite a while as my left leg is decimated from all the trauma. Earliest I could have surgery again is the fall.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Feb 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM
X-rays and phy exam were inconclusive. MRI is on Monday. There could be something left of it that might heal and be somewhat functional. At any rate, I'm stuck with whatever is there for quite a while as my left leg is decimated from all the trauma. Earliest I could have surgery again is the fall.

I was stuck with a torn ACL and PCL for 23 years. PCL is still wank as they didn't know the extent of the damage until they got in there to fix the ACL. This all happened before MRI's ............ You will survive this. I'm pullin for you.

bulldog
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I made some incredibly poor decisions on Friday morning and took a bad fall. I blew out my new ACL. I'm on crutches and in a lot of pain. Just beside myself with grief. I see my doctor on Tuesday. Knee surgery number 7 is in my immediate future. :cry: Damn John! I know how it is for us "active" guys and so hard to not do what we love....I've re-injured myself many times because if that! Sorry to hear this :(

Still telling you man, give up or lower this outdoor fitness and become a gym rat with me. You know I say it is much safer!

FZRguy
Mon Feb 13th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Just got back from my MRI tonight. I'm no expert but my graft clearly looks torn at the base of my tibia. Just barely hanging on by a thread. I expected that.

Wrider
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Sorry to hear that buddy. My vote? Make the absolute best of your summer, make all the preparations you wish you had done for this surgery ahead of time, have the surgery as soon as they'll do it, and do everything you can to keep it out of danger as long as possible.
I was twisting and stepping down a stair the other day and completely dislocated my bad knee. I couldn't believe how bad it hurt, even in areas that are numb to the touch. I can't imagine the pain you felt when you re-tore it.
I hope you are doing alright and heal up enough for the 7th surgery soon!

FZRguy
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 12:46 AM
I was very prepared for this one. I'll be super prepared for the next one. I think December since the MRI met my deductible for the year. It will be a patellar graft procedure. Dr Parks has invited me to watch him do one.

FZRguy
Tue Feb 14th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Good reasons why I am not a radiologist. Dr Parks called with my MRI results. My ACL graft is fine! The impact fractured the top of my tibia, which is why I've had such a hard time putting weight on my leg and why it hurt so bad. Hairline crack in my tibia and I'm to stay on crutches for five more weeks while it heals. It will heal on its own and no surgery is nec.

FZRguy
Fri Feb 24th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Welp, I'm half way thru six weeks on crutches. More challenging than first thought, but I'll get there. I've read some tibia bump fracture horror stories and there ain't no short cuts. I'm lucky it's just a hairline crack. Displaced fractures usually require surgery and can be real nasty with long rehabs.

Titus
Fri Feb 24th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Good to hear your new ACL is fine.

You posted a few knee braces on page 1, are those used exclusively for dirt/mx riders or do road racers ever use them under their leathers?

Bueller
Fri Feb 24th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Good to hear your new ACL is fine.

You posted a few knee braces on page 1, are those used exclusively for dirt/mx riders or do road racers ever use them under their leathers?
You could but IMO you are not as likely to sustain that kind of injury on a RR bike. I have 2 composite braces custom made for me but I don't wear them, they are not the most comfortable things to have on either.
The dirt is a different story though.

FZRguy
Tue Mar 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I saw Dr. Parks today. Excellent news that my ACL graft is “solid” and doesn’t appear to have suffered any damage. X-rays show my tibia plateau fracture has heeled but a slight anomaly when compared to a previous x-ray. Could be an issue or not, or maybe just a different angle on the x-ray. I hope to be back to where I was with my rehab in a month or so.

~Barn~
Tue Mar 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I served with Wolverine. Wolverine was a good friend of mine. You sir.... are no Wolverine.

Wrider
Wed Mar 21st, 2012, 01:36 AM
Jeez man, glad your ACL is fine, hopefully the Tibia heals up well for you!

FZRguy
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I cannot buy a break. I have shingles now. The rash is pretty bad but the shooting nerve pain doubles me over about 3 times a minute.

Bueller
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I just saw something on that. They said if you had chicken pox you have the virus that causes shingles, and it can appear later in life.

Sucks dude, hope you get better soon.

FZRguy
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Right, you can't get shingles from an infected person if you have had cpox b/c you already have the virus in your nervous system. 1 in 5 will get an outbreak along a nerve path like on my chest, shoulder and neck. I seem to be stuck in misery purgatory so far for 2012. :(

asp_125
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Geeze John, hope things clear up soon!

FZRguy
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM
You FOGs should check with your doc about getting the shingles vaccine b/c it will lessen the severity if you have an outbreak. Seems to occur over the age of 50 when your immune system is not as strong. I’m def going to get it when this clears up.

~Barn~
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I saw the same ad, Dave. Damn John... what the hell are the odds? :think: G'luck on your ongoing convalescence though. Maybe stay indoors for a bit.

FZRguy
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Welp, pretty miserable four weeks. My doctor said no need for the vaccine now since my body has been exposed to the active virus. I can get it in a couple years but not real likely I’ll get shingles again. The virus damages nerves where it occurs and that’s what I’m dealing with now. The pain has gone from the side of my head and ear, which I was controlling very well with oxycodone and otc pain meds, to the rash site…oxy and otc meds not helping at all. It’s been beating on me for a solid week…keeping me awake for hours, can’t even wear a shirt or pull up the bed sheets it’s so sensitive. This has gotten better and I can at least wear a shirt now. Tingling, pins and needles, numb feeling that’s still quite uncomfortable. Doc gave me some samples of a nerve pain med today called Lyrica. May help, may not. I’ll just have to deal with it til it gets better and goes away…sometimes months or even years, but I’m hoping for a few weeks.

FZRguy
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 01:10 AM
I’ve managed to turn a 6-9 month rehab into a two year rehab. My tibia did not heal quite right, so it now has a dip on the top lateral side. It may not be an issue or it could give me trouble down the road, as in osteo arthritis like my right knee. My immediate problem is scar tissue has formed and I can't get my leg straight (like 20 degrees from straight). I can’t walk normally 20 degrees from full extension. I'll be going to different PT soon three times per week to try and break up the scar tissue. Yeah, it's gonna hurt. Also, it appears on x-ray that my tibia/femur have gone soft b/c of all the trauma and six weeks on crutches. I gotta be careful cuz it can't take any sudden hits like a save, so no dirt bike or MTB riding for me this year. There might be a follow-up scope in my future to clean up the scar tissue, but that doesn't always work and the scar tissue will just form again. I'm optimistic I can get it working with some help and hard work. I’m riding my bicycle 100 plus miles per week and it helps a lot, but it’s too limited range of motion to really do much for full extension.

bulldog
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
I’ve managed to turn a 6-9 month rehab into a two year rehab. My tibia did not heal quite right, so it now has a dip on the top lateral side. It may not be an issue or it could give me trouble down the road, as in osteo arthritis like my right knee. My immediate problem is scar tissue has formed and I can't get my leg straight (like 20 degrees from straight). I can’t walk normally 20 degrees from full extension. I'll be going to different PT soon three times per week to try and break up the scar tissue. Yeah, it's gonna hurt. Also, it appears on x-ray that my tibia/femur have gone soft b/c of all the trauma and six weeks on crutches. I gotta be careful cuz it can't take any sudden hits like a save, so no dirt bike or MTB riding for me this year. There might be a follow-up scope in my future to clean up the scar tissue, but that doesn't always work and the scar tissue will just form again. I'm optimistic I can get it working with some help and hard work. I’m riding my bicycle 100 plus miles per week and it helps a lot, but it’s too limited range of motion to really do much for full extension. Damn John, sorry to hear it has been such a bumpy recovery. Hope you heal up soon man. Glad to hear you are still able to bicycle ride at least; I know how much you enjoy that. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Keep your head up man :up:

Stuart Little
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
I'll say this just once, QUIT HURTING YOURSELF :)

Heal up quick!

Wrider
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
What are we gonna do with you???
Oh and props on the epitome of sexiness picture on you post... lol

FZRguy
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
What are we gonna do with you???
Oh and props on the epitome of sexiness picture on you post... lol

More like epitome of misery. That's cleared up now and I'm ready to get busy and get all this behind me!

vort3xr6
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Any interest in renting out your DRZ-E knobbies for the summer? I'll hook you up with new tires when I give them back. Let me know!

That is of course if you are not riding. If you are don't worry about it. Get well soon!

FZRguy
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
I'm riding the DRZ with sumo kit now...no knob kit for it. FZR is uncomfortable b/c I can't get on the ball of my foot, and dragging toes in the canyon. I'll be putting knobs back on the YZ (sumo race trim now), but doubtful I'll be riding it anytime soon.

FZRguy
Tue Aug 14th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I’ve been seeing Dr. Parks so frequently, got to watch some live surgery Monday morning. No observation deck here….three feet from the operating table. Knee replacement took about an hour…knocked out a hip next in under 45 minutes. It was pretty dang cool to watch the team work efficiently while keeping a fairly casual, business as usual environment. I would have taken some pics but not allowed. Thanks to Dr. Parks, his PA and the PSL OR team for letting me be a “student” for the day.

FZRguy
Tue Oct 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Awe shit, not this thread again! Unfortunately, this goes on and I have a knee scope scheduled for Nov 9 to try and repair damage from the plateau fracture. My tibia did not heal quite right and the bones don’t fit as they should. I can do most things (‘cept run), but walking is problematic b/c my leg stops around 10 degrees from straight making my gait gimpy. I can force it straight easy enough and have worked thru most the other complications related to the fracture, but not being able to fully extend my leg while walking is a problem.

Your average scope job is a snap but this will be more involved, and my leg will be in a hard cast in a fully extended position for a week. This means the leg muscles that I have been working my ass off rebuilding are going bye-bye again, and I probably won’t be able to bend my leg for a while when the cast comes off. Also, it may not help since this is most likely a bone structure problem and not much can be done about that surgically other than full knee replacement, and I’m not f’ing doing that!

Hopefully, it’s not too bad and the scope does help. I should bounce back reasonably quickly from it, assuming no more complications. Real good to have Dr. Parks help with all this. If he can’t fix it, it’s not fixable!

sprtbkbabe
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 07:58 AM
It's time to go bionic, John!

maktastik_jr.
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Awe shit, not this thread again! Unfortunately, this goes on and I have a knee scope scheduled for Nov 9 to try and repair damage from the plateau fracture. My tibia did not heal quite right and the bones don’t fit as they should. I can do most things (‘cept run), but walking is problematic b/c my leg stops around 10 degrees from straight making my gait gimpy. I can force it straight easy enough and have worked thru most the other complications related to the fracture, but not being able to fully extend my leg while walking is a problem.

Your average scope job is a snap but this will be more involved, and my leg will be in a hard cast in a fully extended position for a week. This means the leg muscles that I have been working my ass off rebuilding are going bye-bye again, and I probably won’t be able to bend my leg for a while when the cast comes off. Also, it may not help since this is most likely a bone structure problem and not much can be done about that surgically other than full knee replacement, and I’m not f’ing doing that!

Hopefully, it’s not too bad and the scope does help. I should bounce back reasonably quickly from it, assuming no more complications. Real good to have Dr. Parks help with all this. If he can’t fix it, it’s not fixable!

dont you love having fuggerd knees? i tore my acl in april and that shit sucked big balls

FZRguy
Wed Oct 17th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Knee replacement is probably in my future. I'm too young and active for it now, and this is gonna get better...not really all that bad now.

FZRguy
Sat Nov 10th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Scope on Friday cleaned up a fair amount of scar tissue from ACL fix and following tibia fracture. Hard cast for one week at full extension is uncomfortable but not too bad. No cartilage tears, which is good, but tibia depression at impact site was confirmed. I’m hoping that will get better once I get my leg straight and can walk with a normal gait. I instantly gained 8 lbs. without going on Nate's 8000 calorie per day diet. ;)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/mcqueenj/cast.jpg

bulldog
Mon Nov 12th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Scope on Friday cleaned up a fair amount of scar tissue from ACL fix and following tibia fracture. Hard cast for one week at full extension is uncomfortable but not too bad. No cartilage tears, which is good, but tibia depression at impact site was confirmed. I’m hoping that will get better once I get my leg straight and can walk with a normal gait. I instantly gained 8 lbs. without going on Nate's 8000 calorie per day diet. ;)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/mcqueenj/cast.jpg

:spit: Now time to lift some weights :D

Heal up quick brother!!!! :)

FZRguy
Mon Nov 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Gonna hit upper body weights at home. I can't sit around any longer, and it feels like my leg is in a vice. I keep eyeing the Dremel, and it's eyeing me back!

bulldog
Mon Nov 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Gonna hit upper body weights at home. I can't sit around any longer, and it feels like my leg is in a vice. I keep eyeing the Dremel, and it's eyeing me back! I know the feeling. I once had surgery on my wrist and had to keep it in a cast all the way past my fingers for like 3 months.....so many days I wanted to rip it off. It was my right hand too and I am right handed.

Oh yeah, also broke my hip before so went through that too :(

FZRguy
Mon Feb 18th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I was digging around my photos and found this MRI shot of my plateau fracture. It's been just over a year now and has been an ordeal. I'm still not 100%, not sure I can get back to 100%, but I am getting better. Really been working my ass off on it.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/mcqueenj/leftknee_zps19f70508.jpg

Gramps
Tue Feb 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Seven years since my plateau fracture. Still feel pain from time to time but I can tell you it took me 6 years to feel like I am close to where I was before I broke it.

It has been a long process but it does get better. Seven years and seven surgeries. Many doubts and trials along the way.

Persistence and unwillingness to give up! Remember at the apex is the slowest most crucial point. You must have the courage and knowledge to hit the gas at the right time and power down the stretch!

:up:

j0ker
Tue Feb 19th, 2013, 10:47 AM
The atrophy from laying around healing is a real bitch! It took me a good year to get back some sort of muscle mass in my calf and shin after my surgeries. When I took my leg out of the wraps I could NOT believe how small it had gotten. (I'm talkin my leg here people)

Good luck on the healing process!

FZRguy
Tue Feb 19th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I've had to adjust my expectations a few times, and resigned to the fact that it is going to take a lot longer. It’s been a mental struggle at times, but I won’t give up and will keep working hard to make my knee the best it can be now. Sucks to go from hero to zero in two seconds, but I’m lucky the fracture was not displaced and there was no damage to my ACL graft.

FZRguy
Fri Nov 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
My lateral plateau was so damaged and getting worse, I had partial knee replacement surgery on Tuesday. Seems harder so far than ACL surgery, but not near as hard as a total knee replacement (not a good option for me anyway). This is a good alternative and will correct my alignment and get me back to a normal walking gait. Lots of rehab to do again and I'm very motivated to get this behind me for good.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/mcqueenj/partialsurgery_zpsc13cdc08.jpg

asp_125
Fri Nov 15th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Hope you're on the mend soon, John! Cue bionic man music.

Drama2
Fri Nov 15th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Wow...were you awake and watching...way cool. Get better again soon.

FZRguy
Fri Nov 15th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Def not awake but spinal is the way to go for major lower body surgery. No hangover like general anesthesia, no breathing tube down your throat...there is a need for a catheter when you are numb from the waist down. They put it in when you are out, and it is generally a good thing for about eight hours. After 12 hours, I told my night nurse either she pulls it out or I pull it out....she relented.

FZRguy
Tue Nov 19th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Post-op one week.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q84/s720x720/1452315_570555559687634_2035852849_n.jpg

j0ker
Tue Nov 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM
FUCK that looks painful. Heal up right Bubba! Hope it all works out for you!

FZRguy
Mon Dec 23rd, 2013, 08:09 PM
Chrome steel and plastic.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/mcqueenj/partial4_zps82b1c4eb.jpg