PDA

View Full Version : Discount Lift Tickets!

sprtbkbabe
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 12:51 PM
For you all who skiers and snowboarders :)

http://www.liftopia.com/

Typically, if you haven’t bought a season pass, you’re bound to burn a bunch of cash before you even have the chance to make it to the lift line. But maybe that line wouldn’t be so painful if you’ve just paid 15 to 85 percent less than the schmuck standing next to you.
The aim of Liftopia.com (http://www.liftopia.com/) is to give you just that opportunity.
Through Liftopia, which is based off of Hotwire.com, have the chance to buy their lift tickets in advance, yielding tremendous discounts over the window price. “Our goal is to reward the proactive customer,” said Evan Reece, co-owner of Liftopia.com. “If you’re willing to trade some risk, you’ll see a lot of savings.”

That risk comes from the fact that Liftopia tickets are nonrefundable. Once the purchase is confirmed, there’s virtually no chance for any changes. Though, it’s these restrictions that allow for such tremendous savings from about 200 resorts around the country.
“People aspire to ski more. Our service simply allows people to do that without paying as much,” Reece said. “We’re trying to make skiing less intimidating.”
While even season pass holders can use Liftopia.com to add a bit of variety to their lives, those looking to try the sport for their first time have some help. Deals that include gear rental, lift tickets, lessons, and even a meal keep the process simple for anyone just starting out.
“All we’re looking to do is get more people on the slopes without making them spend more than they have to,” said Reece.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Sweet Siobahn! Thanks for this!

sprtbkbabe
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Sure thing! I stopped skiing because it got too $$$. Now I have no excuse :oops:

tecknojoe
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 01:26 PM
So I can buy the day before and save 50%? That seems kind of weird. has anyone verified that this is right? If so, great. I'd love to check out copper

sprtbkbabe
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 01:35 PM
So I can buy the day before and save 50%? That seems kind of weird. has anyone verified that this is right? If so, great. I'd love to check out copper

There've been some reviews out there, which has the link out there a while. The BBB gave them an A so far

Originally pulled from FOX: http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2011/10/30/never-pay-full-price-for-lift-ticket/

Ninja2
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing. I had planned on getting the Summit Pass, but realized they have blackout dates. And, of course, I am esp looking forward to the time I have off between the holidays, which fall into the black out period. :cussing:

I am not sure I totally understand Liftopia. When do you recommend using it vs. buying a season pass, for example? It seems that Liftopia is a good deal if you want to go to various resorts. Is that right?

Sleev
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:16 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

sprtbkbabe
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:37 PM
I am not sure I totally understand Liftopia. When do you recommend using it vs. buying a season pass, for example? It seems that Liftopia is a good deal if you want to go to various resorts. Is that right?

I think it should be used just like booking cheap flights and hotels, ya gotta watch them pretty tightly and try their website right up until the last moment. Someone reviewed, "I seems like they run out and add more available tics at a high rate especially within 48-24 hrs of intended date."

A season pass is a sure thing, but a bargain is a bargain if you have patience

Ninja2
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Patience? What's that? :oops:

I think I will give it a shot. I am sick and tired of paying a ton of money for a season pass, being limited to a few resorts, and not being able to use them when I want to.

Thank you so much. I think this might be perfect for me.

brennahm
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing. I had planned on getting the Summit Pass, but realized they have blackout dates.

Blackout dates are only for Breck. You can still hit Keystone and A Basin without restriction.

garyC
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:09 PM
The Copper Mountain 4-pack doesn't have any blackout dates.

brennahm
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 03:33 PM
I didn't think ANY of the 4 packs had blackout dates...

modette99
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:09 PM
Yep, we got the Summit Pass again this year...black out dates do not affect us much, try and ski during the week and NEVER go on Saturdays or Holidays...too damn busy.

Ninja2
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah. I wish I could.... .

OK. So I called REI and they referred me to CO Ski and Golf because he said their location in the Springs won't sell 4 day passes till the weekend of Nov 6 or so, and he thinks they'll be gone by then.
I then called CO Ski and Golf in the Springs, and they are selling the Keystone and A-Basin 4 day pass through early Nov for $159 or $169. No black out dates.
I think I will go with it and use Liftopia for the rest.

Where did you guys get the Copper 4 day pass? They are not selling them at the CO Ski and Golf in COS. Not sure about REI.

garyC
Mon Oct 31st, 2011, 04:28 PM
Christy Sports: 1808 North Academy Blvd

Ninja2
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
I didn't think ANY of the 4 packs had blackout dates...

The Keystone 4 day pass has the same blackout dates as other resorts acc'd t CO Ski and Golf. Copper doesn't: http://coppercolorado.com/winter/plan_and_buy/season_passes/fourpack
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a Copper 4 day pass because someone in Summit County supposedly cut a cable and the server's down. Christy Sports hopes for the server to be back up by tomorrow. But if you plan on getting one, make sure to call ahead.

mdub
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
i'm saving lots of moolah this yr....my snowboarding buddy, my daughter is a 5th grader. She gets to ride 3x free at each colorado resort....But i will definetly chk out this discount. thx.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 09:38 AM
mdub...my son is also a 5th grader, we should plan a day trip w/ the kids. My son has never been, i just picked up his gear this last week. HMU.

age315
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for posting this i probably would have never known!

mdub
Tue Nov 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM
my son is also a 5th grader, we should plan a day trip w/ the kids. My son has never been, i just picked up his gear this last week. HMU.

sure doc. That sounds like a grt idea...have him get use to boarding or sking for a bit.

My kid has been boarding with me since she was 6. And she has been hounding me for going up asap.