PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3. PC vs PS3 graphics

Clovis
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 01:00 AM
A nice side by side comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420&feature=player_embedded#!

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:39 AM
:rolleyes: Another one of those PC is the best ever people.

Zach929rr
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM
PS3 is the best ever

I'm glad you consolefags are finally admitting it.

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'm glad you consolefags are finally admitting it.
I don't get it... :D

Zach929rr
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:58 AM
ABUSE ABUSE ABUSE

Ricky
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 09:14 AM
lol, that is an awesome video. I was laughing the entire way through. Although I will say, the difference is massive when you have a good PC with a good video card.

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 09:35 AM
ABUSE ABUSE ABUSE
Love you! :lol:

Ghost
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hmm, $5k for a bleeding edge comp to play hunched over my desk six inches from my monitor. Or $250 for a PS3 that I don't need to rebuild, replace, or upgrade every two years and I can relax on my comfy couch and play on my big screen tv...

Tough choice...

Clovis
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM
I've built plenty of high end gaming machines and never spent close to $5k.

$2k is about the absolute max and under $1k is much more common.

Hmm, $5k for a bleeding edge comp to play hunched over my desk six inches from my monitor. Or $250 for a PS3 that I don't need to rebuild, replace, or upgrade every two years and I can relax on my comfy couch and play on my big screen tv...

Tough choice...

~Barn~
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
:lol: Not a gamer under any circumstances, platform, or otherwise, but that video is ga'damn funny!

Ghost
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:17 AM
I've built plenty of high end gaming machines and never spent close to $5k.

$2k is about the absolute max and under $1k is much more common.

Then you're not really bleeding edge.

And at the $2k mark you're still nearly 10x the cost of the PS3 for 2-3 years of decent graphics before your rig falls to minimum specs...

Ricky
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM

Tough choice...

LOL :lol:

The point is, you CAN'T upgrade that piece of shit console. You can't swap out that POS 1x blu-ray drive SONY put in there that takes longer to play a blu-ray movie than it takes to load a reel-to-reel projector. You can't add more memory to it, you can't upgrade its graphics chip that was invented SEVEN YEARS AGO. Hell, I've seen iMacs that have better graphics chips in them than the PS3 and 360.

I play my PC on my 58" plasma on occasion. I also only spent a grand on my computer, and it beats the shit out of both the consoles. I mean, if complacency, laziness, and outdated technology is what you're into, then to each his own. I love my consoles, but gaming on the PC is just a better experience. It doesn't take $5k to get that either, lol.

grim
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Play bejeweled on my ipad and those graphics fucking rock!!!

:lol: i know nothing of anything about what you guys are talking about.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Because it makes a person feel better about their overpriced PC to attempt to make PS3 people feel bad. The fact is, PS3 people never give a shit that you hate their console. In fact, PS3 people - myself included - think your constant ragging is amusing. We know we made the right decision. :p

laspariahs
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
PS3/Xbox is better for games other than FPS, computer is better for FPS and serious simulators.

Zach929rr
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
After dropping $2500 on my new build a few months ago, I installed and played through Diablo 2, C&C Generals, and Minecraft.

Still makes me laugh.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
After dropping $2500 on my new build a few months ago, I installed and played through Diablo 2, C&C Generals, and Minecraft.

Still makes me laugh.

Hahaha! Nice!

Ricky
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
Because it makes a person feel better about their overpriced PC to attempt to make PS3 people feel bad. The fact is, PS3 people never give a shit that you hate their console. In fact, PS3 people - myself included - think your constant ragging is amusing. We know we made the right decision. :p

I'm a PS3 person, and I don't think my constant ragging is amusing. I also have an original xbox, and a 360 and had a Wii at one point. Besides, the hardcore PS3 gamers already know their console is outdated compared to a computer, so they don't care to get into an argument they can't win.

Clovis
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
Console versus PC is a personal preference. The last console I had was my Super Nintendo so I don't have much recent experience :)

I personally prefer the PC because I use it for everything and it's upgradable.

Mrs. Clovis and I built identical rigs for Christmas 2007.

Cost was around $1700 each at the time (which included monitors).

Since then we've done a few upgrades. They both have dual monitor set ups now and about two years ago I replaced my dual core with a quad core and doubled ram from 4 gigs to 8. That was so I could multibox 5 WOW characters simultaneously.

The video card is the only weak point so I'll see how well it plays MW3 but on the bright side there are a lot of nice options out there for $250 and under.

cbrjohnny
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
looks like another crappy run n gun, spray and pray game prob need a hack to play... i think i can find better ways to waist my time/money.

d3spair
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 10:27 PM

Still makes me laugh.

Bwahaha, I dusted off D2 as well in spite for not getting into the beta yet.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:31 PM
I'm a PS3 person, and I don't think my constant ragging is amusing. I also have an original xbox, and a 360 and had a Wii at one point. Besides, the hardcore PS3 gamers already know their console is outdated compared to a computer, so they don't care to get into an argument they can't win.

You missed the point. Who fucking cares about which platform is "better?" Why does everything have to be a contest? I ride an FZ-1. Would I give a shit if someone with a ZX-10 had a poor opinion of my bike? Not one fucking bit. :D I have the same opinion about PS3/XBox/PC arguments. :jerkoff:

BlueRanger
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 02:20 AM
What's a Battlefield 3?

I'll stick to my America's Army 3 :cyber: haha :yay:

asignguy1
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
i play on both PC (WOW) and ps3(Black ops) and wii and xbox they are all fun

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 08:33 AM
LOL :lol:

The point is, you CAN'T upgrade that piece of shit console. You can't swap out that POS 1x blu-ray drive SONY put in there that takes longer to play a blu-ray movie than it takes to load a reel-to-reel projector. You can't add more memory to it, you can't upgrade its graphics chip that was invented SEVEN YEARS AGO. Hell, I've seen iMacs that have better graphics chips in them than the PS3 and 360.

I play my PC on my 58" plasma on occasion. I also only spent a grand on my computer, and it beats the shit out of both the consoles. I mean, if complacency, laziness, and outdated technology is what you're into, then to each his own. I love my consoles, but gaming on the PC is just a better experience. It doesn't take $5k to get that either, lol.
I upgraded my PS3. Went from a 80gb HD to a 500GB. :think: Plus, why do you say it takes forever to play blu-ray? Are we really that impatient that we can't wait 2 seconds for something to load? :lol: I don't play video games enough to even consider spending that kind of money on a computer. That's another big reason why I like the PS3. Plus, I don't have to get off my comfy couch and go over to my uncomfortable office chair at my computer desk.

~Barn~
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I think when Ricky said "memory", he was actually talking more about random-access and not so much storage space. Technical PC mumbo-jumbo, but they are different things. :dunno:

dirkterrell
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Meh. It was all downhill after Zork anyway.

Ghost
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Just to be clear, I'm talking of comparing "State of the Art" in PC vs PS3.

Not "adequate" PCs of $2000, but dual (perhaps quad) SSHD, Quad SLI, the fastest, most over-clocked processor, the most (and fastest) RAM all on the newest/latest/fastest MoBo out there. With at least full liquid cooling if not total-immersion ("bath") cooling, a completely air-brused chassis, and with more lights than most town's Christmas trees.

That's at least $5k (sans 2ms monitor, 7.1 THX surround with wireless speakers, Razor mouse and lighted gaming keyboard).

The most "State of the Art" PS3 is...$250

Now, you'll dither and blather and talk about how $5k is excessive and unneeded, and that your "$1700 PC is "good enough", (it's Ok honey, size really doesn't matter, and while your processor is smaller, slower, and weaker than the LAN Boy's, I still love you).

But that's the half-step console players leap over--if your PC (while not SOTA) is "good enough" at $1700, why not accept the console as "good enough" for the $250 it costs (less than the cost of a current top-tier Graphics card alone)?

That extra $1500 can go towards a new TV, new couch, and a shit-ton of beer for when you have your 3 friends over, and they ALL sit on the couch, and they ALL play 4-player split screen, or even 2-player Co-Op multiplayer (Black Ops) and everyone embraces the Social Aspect of gaming--or, crawl back to your basement office, hunch over your computer desk, cradle your hand around your mouse, and make love to every glowing pixel adequately rendered on your mid-level "gaming" PC...