PDA

View Full Version : Big O Tires on Bellview/Kipling

Husky
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Went to Big O to have my winter tires put on and was told its about a 45 minute wait. Figured thats reasonable so decided to wait. Well 3 1/2 hours later my tires finally got mounted. Asking what the hell?? The reply I got well its Friday and Payday and the guys just werent into working!!!??? Damn if the guy at least lied to me and made something up I would have felt better than hearing this bullshit. Than to top it off as I'm driving off, I notice my front end shakes really bad, so back I go. They F'n forgot to balance the front tires!!! After another 1 1/2 hours they finally got it right.

My advise, avoid this place like the plague at least on Friday Paydays.

madvlad
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
That sounds like big o alright... If you are in the vicinity I can mount tires for you next time, I do it cheaper, properly and in a timely manner lol

mdub
Wed Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
i've been to big-o'crap tires once. they scuff up my wheel during tire mount. f'kers denied it. never gone back. i've done bzness with discount tire and these guys do grt wk.

McVaaahhh
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Yeah, never like Big-O, I went there once and was pretty disappointed by the service.

Discount is where I've always gone. I've always been treated well by them, and never had a problem. Plus they price-match on online deals. I just got a set of Yokohama's for my Tahoe for $650 OTD. Not bad for a tire that lists at $170 each. :up:

Ezzzzy1
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
Big O suck balls, bottom line.

modette99
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Yep, Discount Tire is where I been going for years, although I have bought winter tires from tirerack a few times. Discount typically is good (I only got the shaft on waiting 3 hours once back in MI).

Plus haggling with them is easy...not to mention they will match tirerack pricing. Monument has a location now, tend not to be anyone int here so its pretty fast service.

pwrtrippin told me about his Big-O tire ordeal. Went in to get tires, told they don't make the ones he wanted in his size, but we wills ell you the Big-O branded tire. He walked out and I believe went to Discount Tire and got what he wanted (he had already researched it online). Sounds like they want to sell THEIR brand mainly....see word of mouth BIG O works as I would now never try you *shrug*

laspariahs
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Yep, Discount Tire is where I been going for years, although I have bought winter tires from tirerack a few times. Discount typically is good (I only got the shaft on waiting 3 hours once back in MI).

Plus haggling with them is easy...not to mention they will match tirerack pricing. Monument has a location now, tend not to be anyone int here so its pretty fast service.

pwrtrippin told me about his Big-O tire ordeal. Went in to get tires, told they don't make the ones he wanted in his size, but we wills ell you the Big-O branded tire. He walked out and I believe went to Discount Tire and got what he wanted (he had already researched it online). Sounds like they want to sell THEIR brand mainly....see word of mouth BIG O works as I would now never try you *shrug*

I've been happy with discount tire as well, they did right by me on some tires I bought from them. Good prices, good service. Like you said they will deal with you on tires easily.

mdub
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
i just don't see how they stay in bzness. there must be alot of retards that keep going back for more abuse.

asp_125
Thu Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Those kinds of places stay in business because average Joe doesn't know any better. The same reason they get tools from Walmart, TVs from Costco, oil changes from Jiffy Lube, brakes from Brakes Plus etc. It's like.. generic brand.