PDA

View Full Version : IMI 11/12

Bueller
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Possibly semi good day coming up Saturday. Would consider Friday if there is any interest in taking Veterans Day off.

spideyrdr
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I might try to make it out for my inaugural run on the pit bike. What time do you usually get out there on a Saturday?

I'm just getting my feet wet, so pardon the noob questions. Is Saturday a bike-only day or is it carts and bikes? Also, do they run open days at Bandimere / Action Karting / whatever it's called?

MilkMan
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Bueller, do you think that the track will be warm enough to have a liter bike out there? I worry with the dropping temps that tire adhesion will be an issue. I've meant to make it out there a few times this year but had other things come up at the last moment every time damnit... Would love to get out there if the weather holds up. I'm not worried about the cold for myself so much as the track surface temps. Wouldnt want to lay the bitch down..
-Mick-

MisterDeadman
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'd be up for a Friday run. Never been to a track before so IMI sounds like a good setting to learn on the 250.

Bueller
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Probably get there around 10ish, there is no bike only days unless the track is rented for racing. Karts are not very populous this time of year but the renters do come out on the nicer days. We do not run with the karts. Once in a while we run with a private kart on the track but never with rentals. I don't know about Bandi.
50 deg. is about as low as I like to ride with race tires, street tires will do better with the cooler temps. If the sun is out the asphalt will heat up nicely, otherwise you just need to do a few laps at an easier pace to warm the tires a bit. I generally start out about 26 psi cold on my Bridgestones.
I am still not sure which bike I want to ride, but I will likely have the 250 with me one way or the other if anyone want's to take a look at it.

FZRguy
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Also, do they run open days at Bandimere / Action Karting / whatever it's called?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43043

MisterDeadman
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Checked in with the fam and I can handle an early Saturday.

I'm pretty new. Would anyone going be willing to give some tips on track etiquitte? I've read a bit on the net, but reading and doing aren't the same...

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Might be able to come out and take some pictures.

spideyrdr
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43043

Gracias! I'm in Centennial so that place is much closer to me.

Zach929rr
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 08:52 AM
There is a reason that sumo's don't run at Bandimere.

Just sayin.

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Just sayin.
Is it like running a 1000 at IMI?

Bueller
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM

Just sayin.

I believe he is on a mini

Zach929rr
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I believe he is on a mini

oh.

Well, then just dont take a dirt nap at bandi like brad did.

spideyrdr
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM
oh.

Well, then just dont take a dirt nap at bandi like brad did.

If you meant me, yeah, I am on a pit bike. duelist13's old SSR. Haven't been to IMI or Bandimere ever so either will be a new experience, but since Bandi is 1/2 the distance from me, I figure I'll check it out.

Zach929rr
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Don't feel bad the first time you ride with Hammer, Ara, or Brad. They are all stupid fast on minis.

Bueller
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 12:18 PM
If you meant me, yeah, I am on a pit bike. duelist13's old SSR. Haven't been to IMI or Bandimere ever so either will be a new experience, but since Bandi is 1/2 the distance from me, I figure I'll check it out.

1/2 the distance and half the track. Unless you got other mini's heading out you will probably be riding alone.

spideyrdr
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM
1/2 the distance and half the track. Unless you got other mini's heading out you will probably be riding alone.

Shoulda written my response better. I plan to check out IMI this weekend schedule and weather permitting, and Bandimere at SOME point when others are going.

Bueller
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Shoulda written my response better. I plan to check out IMI this weekend schedule and weather permitting, and Bandimere at SOME point when others are going.
O eye sea. Forecast is looking better at 56 and mostly sunny.

I'm pretty new. Would anyone going be willing to give some tips on track etiquitte?
Find me, I can work with you.
#999 white & black ninja 250 or red & black SV650 w/white number plates, no numbers yet.

MisterDeadman
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM
O eye sea. Forecast is looking better at 56 and mostly sunny.

Find me, I can work with you.
#999 white & black ninja 250 or red & black SV650 w/white number plates, no numbers yet.

Thank you for the offer; I will definately be on the lookout. I'll be on a green '08 Ninja 250.

MisterDeadman
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 06:19 PM

If they allow 250s at Bandimere, I'll check it out with you sometime. I live right by SW Plaza mall so it's like 1/20th the distance to IMI for me.

Bueller
Wed Nov 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I don't believe they allow full size bikes but I doubt you would like it much as it is about as big as a parking lot. IMI is a perfect track for the 250. Infact I am geared +4 in the rear for it because of it's small tight nature.

57* for Sat. :)

sloridr
Wed Nov 9th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Fags! You know who you are..... Have fun out there and don't pull any Justin's...

Bueller
Wed Nov 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
You still have a DRZ don't you? Fag by assoc. Even on the boat, it kinda sticks to ya!

FZRguy
Wed Nov 9th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I don't believe they allow full size bikes but I doubt you would like it much as it is about as big as a parking lot. IMI is a perfect track for the 250. Infact I am geared +4 in the rear for it because of it's small tight nature. 57* for Sat. :)

It's bigger than you think, Dave (1/4 mile end to end). A 250 sumo would be fine IMO.

Bueller
Wed Nov 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
He is on a ninjette 250

FZRguy
Wed Nov 9th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Not so fun on that.

MisterDeadman
Wed Nov 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
i followed the link regarding bandimere that was posted earlier. It seems to be the general consensus that my bike wont be so fun out there... Sucks cause it's so close!

Also, I just scheduled a cortisone shot on Friday (gotta get it in before my deductible resets next year) and it's in my foot, so I think I'm out for Saturday. SUCKS! Definately up for any IMI days after ~5 weeks, if there are any nice spots in the weather.

Bueller
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Forecast is now calling for 60*

FZRguy
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Dang you get up early.

grim
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Forecast is now calling for 60*

Hey bueller make the weather do this again next wknd so I can go then!!!

Cornfed
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Have fun guys. Wish I could come with.:yay:

Bueller
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Dang you get up early.I was already up for 45 min. when that was posted ;)

Hey bueller make the weather do this again next wknd so I can go then!!!

Gotta get 'em when the getting is good, winter doesn't always cooperate.

Bueller
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Nobody else wants to do some knee draggin' where it's never frowned on :lol:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Riding/864fd674.jpg

grim
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Nobody else wants to do some knee draggin' where it's never frowned on :lol:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Riding/864fd674.jpg

I want to but the ninja s in pieces right now

Bueller
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 05:57 PM
So you ride it when the weather sucks and then take it apart when the weather is great, lemme know if I am reading this right. :)

spideyrdr
Fri Nov 11th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Planning to be out there tomorrow ~10ish on the mini. I'll be getting my bearings on that thing and will hopefully have my GoPro mounted up. So either look our for #880 or watch out for #880, whichever is your preference!

Jamie

Bueller
Sat Nov 12th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Weather is looking to be great, getting ready to go get loaded up.
Got the gearing change done and some jetting adjustments, we'll see if I did it right :lol:

grim
Sat Nov 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM
So you ride it when the weather sucks and then take it apart when the weather is great, lemme know if I am reading this right. :)

Absolutely i don't want my baby sitting naked in bad weather thats just cruel! :lol:

FZRguy
Sat Nov 12th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Weather is looking to be great....

'Cept for the wind. Pretty bad in town so I know it's bad out there.

Radek
Sat Nov 12th, 2011, 04:32 PM
good times , nice to meet you Bueller , if the weather holds Ill be there again ;)
after long time this was my first experience on the track in Colorado and it wasnt that bad ,next time should be blast

Bueller
Sat Nov 12th, 2011, 04:52 PM
'Cept for the wind. Pretty bad in town so I know it's bad out there.
Just like High Plains there is always a good chance of wind there. Today was interesting. It wasn't a constant wind, it was nice most of the time but when it was gusting while we were on the track made it a bit more challenging. The cooling effect of the wind kept tires from holding the heat. I was running pretty low pressures and I pushed the front a couple of good times.

good times , nice to meet you Bueller , if the weather holds Ill be there again ;)
after long time this was my first experience on the track in Colorado and it wasnt that bad ,next time should be blast
Glad to meet you too. We had an awesome winter last year with few real snow makers so I was riding all winter, hopefully this year is as kind.

spideyrdr
Sat Nov 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Wish I could have stayed longer, but the carb on the mini was just not happy. I will work on getting it ready for next season. It was good to meet a few of you!