PDA

View Full Version : Integrator/Short

Hutch
Sat Sep 6th, 2003, 05:04 PM
I installed an integrator on my bike today. Everything worked great except for the right tail light would not illuminate. I checked the wiring and it looks correct by the wiring diagram, however I seem to have a short because now my battery is dead - the bike won't start!! :x I am hoping a wiring genius will be willing to take a look at it. Any volunteers? I really don't want to pay the bike shop $65 an hour to take a look at it. PLEASE HELP!!

haywood jablome
Sat Sep 6th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Which one are you using? I just FINALLY got mine to work. I took my trailer conversion kit out and just wired it up with the stock wires. Ill try to help.

Hutch
Sat Sep 6th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Congrats on getting yours to work. I am trying to install "The Integrator Kit" by M.D. Wright Inc.

Hutch
Sat Sep 6th, 2003, 08:23 PM
:) I think I found the problem. After checking fuses and wiring and everything else I could think of (including voltages thru the integrator - which checked good) I ripped everything out, normalled it all up and still no right tail light. So I removed the socket assembly and checked continuity and sure enough, the red tail light wire leading into the socket assembly is bad. It was causing the short which drained my battery. So I think if I can get a replacement bulb assembly and reconnect the integrator, I should be good to go. In the mean time, I am going to recharge the battery and use hand signals. If the new socket assembly does not solve the problem, I am hosed. :roll: