PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous and Facebook

stubbicatt
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Didn't these guys threaten to hack and shut down facebook on Nov.5?

Maybe they meant Nov. 5 of 2012...

rforsythe
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Threatening to shut down one of the most accessed sites on the planet, and actually having the means to do it are two vastly different things. I can tell you that a successful DoS attack on Facebook is going to require more than a slightly motivated group of dipshits running traffic load scripts through proxies. My guess is FB saw the attack and laughed their asses off, if it even happened.

IF it did and the attacks were traceable, then the attackers would also still be just as criminally liable as they were for the PayPal attacks last winter.

madvlad
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Looks like they failed lol... Facebook is too big to take down, not saying impossible but not an easy task.... I mean zero cool took down 1,507 systems including wall street back in 88 buahaha

tecknojoe
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM
They're also dealing with one of their members being captured by drug cartels in Mexico. I'm guessing they were more concerned with that than my status update.

Clovis
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Looks like they failed lol... Facebook is too big to take down, not saying impossible but not an easy task.... I mean zero cool took down 1,507 systems including wall street back in 88 buahaha

AND hooked up with Angelina Jolie in her prime!

madvlad
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM
AND hooked up with Angelina Jolie in her prime!

well that was after haha but yes she looked ridiculous sexy in that movie, now eh not so much lol

TurboGizzmo
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li0ilpyNpU1qdifns.jpg

Why they would want to take down fb is beyond me, better to exploit and profit from dumb users.....

sag
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 08:42 PM
they said a few days after the threat that it was not a plan as a group and a single member issued the threat. they said something like "why would we take down our biggest method of communicating with each other?"

madvlad
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
hmmm those lips.... nom nom nom

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li0ilpyNpU1qdifns.jpg

Why they would want to take down fb is beyond me, better to exploit and profit from dumb users.....

rforsythe
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
they said a few days after the threat that it was not a plan as a group and a single member issued the threat. they said something like "why would we take down our biggest method of communicating with each other?"

Considering they tried to take down Twitter last December when it was their only method of communicating with each other (aside from an IRC channel), a swing at FB doesn't surprise me. Some of them just see "corporation" and instantly assume it's evil and must be stopped, all logic be damned.

madvlad
Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM
can you even call that logic? lol... as much as they may hate corporations and all but it's part of the economies and societies and yes not agreeing with all the wrong things they do but it keeps the world going... They don't really think how it'll affect world wide things to just have corporations disappear.

stubbicatt
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Brawndo! The Thirst Mutilator!

Scatterbrain
Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Love the "Hackers" comebacks! What a classic, well maybe not a classic but a damn great movie....