PDA

View Full Version : 1995 F3 problems

dsears24
Sun Sep 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM
:guns: :spit: On September 1, I went on a ride with the crew. My bike broke down. I took it to T & K and they re-jetted the bike, they also clean the air filter as well as the spark plugs. The bike runs good now, but...I did it to me again. When it dies, it acts like it is running out of gas, and cuts in and out really quick. I noticed the engine was pretty hot both times it died (in the hills and last night). I also noticed that my thermostat wasn't moving very much, it was still showing the bike was cold. I am starting to think the bike over heated. I road it again today from East Aurora to Lakewood and it did great, lots of fun to be had by all. Any idea's? I think I am going to replace the spark plugs and oil for good measure. (I just picked up the bike a week ago, it use to be a track bike.)

haywood jablome
Sun Sep 7th, 2003, 05:47 PM
did they check the thermostat? Does your fan turn on? Lets take a look at it this week. Let me know. CHad

Hoopty
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Did it boil radiator fluid over? It's not overheating if you're not leaking antifreeze.

IQ
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 01:16 PM
sounds like an electrical problem.

FZRguy
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Sorry to hear you’re still having problems. Hopefully, they cleaned the carbs while they were off. Was the fuel filter changed? Have you checked for rust in the fuel tank?

dsears24
Mon Sep 8th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Since posting this, I have had NO problems with the bike. I have been riding it ever since I got it back from T&K, and the last two days have been great, I have had no issues. I don't think the carbs where cleaned with T&K, but the guy I bought it from said he had it cleaned. I have looked a couple of times in the tank and it looks clean to me. The fuel line is a pretty good idea, but when it isn't having problems, it runs great. Chad, I will try to get together with you, but I am going to Cancun, and getting faced, on Friday and I have school work to finish before that. It will prob. have to be the week after next. Thanks for the reply all.

P.S. I think T&K did a great job with the bike, it ran clean for them when the where done, and for the most part, except that one issue on Sat. it has ran great for me too. I would recommend them to anyone.